Author Topic: Mapping help?  (Read 1198 times)

Offline Acarmica

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • oh no you didNT
    • View Profile
Mapping help?
« on: May 02, 2014, 03:58:59 pm »
Not sure if this belongs here >.>

I am having trouble with mapping. You see, the "media" file won't open for me. Is it meant to be a folder? if it is, it's showing up as a file...

I need to save something in it but I can't. So i have a height map for the map maker, but i can't save in into Media > Terrains. What do I do?
In game name is also Acarmica, hope to see you around! Don't be afraid to walk up to me and say hi, i love meeting new people C:

AlphaEclipse

Re: Mapping help?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 04:13:59 pm »
If I understand correctly, this is the media folder:

Drag your mouse over the file/folder and tell us what type of file it is. It shouldn't be showing up as just a file. Also, try right clicking on it and go to properties if just dragging doesn't work.
Also, what does the file look like? Is it a blank piece of paper or something else? Are you the administrator of your PC? Maybe try opening the file with notepad. It could be corrupted.

Offline Acarmica

• Curious Wanderer
  • oh no you didNT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 05:27:28 pm »
If I understand correctly, this is the media folder:

Drag your mouse over the file/folder and tell us what type of file it is. It shouldn't be showing up as just a file. Also, try right clicking on it and go to properties if just dragging doesn't work.
Also, what does the file look like? Is it a blank piece of paper or something else? Are you the administrator of your PC? Maybe try opening the file with notepad. It could be corrupted.
It's a blank piece of paper, and it says it's a file, not a file folder. And i'm not sure if i am the admin or not, but i certainly use it the most. And why do i have to open it with notepad?
In game name is also Acarmica, hope to see you around! Don't be afraid to walk up to me and say hi, i love meeting new people C:

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 05:45:22 pm »
Just to see what kind of file it is. But if it's just a "file," it's most likely to just come up as gibberish in notepad. c: I'd recommend reinstalling FH. Save all presets, maps, etc somewhere other then FH (if you can get to them). I'm pretty sure that media folder is corrupted some how. :o Do you know if any other folders show up like that on your PC?

Offline Acarmica

• Curious Wanderer
  • oh no you didNT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2014, 07:10:19 am »
Just to see what kind of file it is. But if it's just a "file," it's most likely to just come up as gibberish in notepad. c: I'd recommend reinstalling FH. Save all presets, maps, etc somewhere other then FH (if you can get to them). I'm pretty sure that media folder is corrupted some how. :o Do you know if any other folders show up like that on your PC?
No other folders show up like that apart from the other FH files/folders. And i can't reinstall it, because it took my dad a hella lot of work to install it and get it working on this computer. If it helps, i have the latest Asus laptop with a touchscreen.