Author Topic: Ideas for the game (Not all are mine)  (Read 1783 times)

Offline TheApplePie

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • I breathe dan howell
    • View Profile
Ideas for the game (Not all are mine)
« on: May 11, 2014, 03:59:35 pm »
Strap yourselves to your seats with bubblegum, this will be a long one.
I have come up with a lot of ideas for the game in the past few days, so I thought that I would just let them flow slowly into the topic. This topic will be edited when I get MORE and MORE and MORE ideas. I have been playing on my old account from 2012 and I have found a lot of wierd/awesome things, but also I have been sighing and face-palming myself because of the same things too.

Inapropriate language in game

I have been playing this game for over 2 years now and I have seen many inapropriate words in the chat.
As an answer to this, I have come up with a few ideas. Because of the idiotic behaviour of people trying to be 'cool' by using swear words, I think the game should have a major update. To be very specific, the chat. 3/4 of the people speak using the English language, right? Swear words should be banned/blocked from the chat if a user types it in, and the user should be kicked for a while. Swearing in other popular languages like Russian, Polish, German, ect should be banned too. (In my opinion)

MODs in every public map

As you have seen in the idea above, there are already a lot of bad things in game. In my opionion, a mod should be active in every/most public map/maps. Just so there is less trouble, you know. I am aware that the mods have a busy time already in game and in real life. But, I often see about 4 mods in one place. (Flourite Plains, eh?) While a lot of rule breaking is happening all over the game, staff should preferably be everywhere. That is only my opionion though, and it doesn't really count as anything program  related.

Presets
Shouldn't presets have a specific skin for people that don't see it? For example, I have a preset.
Other people sadly can't see it. BUT they CAN see something else. Maybe a marking saying 'PRESET' or something? Just so people won't get confused. Ye' know what I mean.
*Be right back, I'm flipin' starving!*

*Back*
Offline playing mode?
Alright. I heard someone say this before, but I just thought I'd put the idea in here.
A lot of players have been mad because of their lack of internet while wanting to play the game. So, just like in MC (Minecraft) why don't we add a a 'play in offline mode' option? Players could play the game and explore on their own, without any other players with them. The public maps would become private to them, but they would still be active in the actual game mode. So, while all the other players chat and rp together in bonfire, someone without internet can go into the mode and see the island without any players on. Eh? If this was your idea, don't forget to reply on this topic!
(This would fit in good with all the other ideas into a major game update, if it was possible of course)

Adding gender options  into the game. It sometimes personaly annoys me that I can't choose a gender in the character creation map. (Podium map) I am often mistaken for a male + I need to write the gender in the bio. Can't we just add a gender option into the game? (Along with the chat part, that would be perfect to put into an update if possible)
No sexual content is mentioned in this idea, nothing is taken away or added into a character! When you click twice on a character it would say:
Username:
Character name:
Group:
--------------
Links in chat/copy and paste
This makes a lot of players wonder "why can't we copy/paste a link from/into chat or our bio?"
I was actually playing with my friend yesterday, and he found a cool map. Guess what? It was a long and confusing name, but I had to keep looking at it to get it right. Can't we just have a copy/paste option in chat? (It would go perfectly with the other chat idea and the offline playing mode update. I mean, if there was one)

let's be emo in a gerard way

http://fiixl.deviantart.com/

AlphaEclipse

Ideas for the game (Not all are mine)
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 04:37:54 pm »
You do have a few good ideas in here; I especially love the last one. I hate copying links back and forth.

Inappropriate language in game: This would be very helpful to the staff moderation-wise, but I personally think the game would become more like Wolf Quest. I've seen people cursing in local chat repeatedly many times, an I think this feature would stop that. But, I'm sure someone would think of a way to bypass the system like in WQ. For example, because people can't say "female/girl," people use "lass." It would probably be the same for this feature since people could just use their own substitutions for the bad words.
Swear words should be banned/blocked from the chat if a user types it in, and the user should be kicked for a while.
That's actually a really good idea; the chat could just spot out these words an give the player a warning. If they do it again, they could be kicked and after that, they could be banned temporarily.

MODs in every public map: It would be nice if there was a MOD in every public map, but they're people too- They need rest, food, etc. They couldn't spend all day in one map. That's where reporting comes in. If you know there's a MOD online, you could also whisper them to the map in case there's something in progress. A MOD in every map would also be good for catching any players who break the rules or if someone needs help with something game-wise or forum-wise.

Presets: I'd really link for this to be added. It kind of reminds me of the "preset bracelet item" in Pawsome Items v4. I used to use that item sometimes, but remember, that could only be seen by people who have the same item pack. So a lot of people couldn't see it anyway, sadly. I'm sure a "PRESET" marking would replace that positively. In case you haven't seen this yet, there's a preset sync available for the game which allows you to see the presets of others who also have the sync. Here's the link to the preset sync: http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=39845.0

Offline playing mode: I saw another thread about this, and honestly, I find it a bit useless for a MMORPG. I would be very helpful for users who have poor internet, but couldn't they also just go into preset maker/map marker/object maker an run around in there? I did that multiple times when my internet was down actually. It was amusing, but it soon got boring. xD And offline mode would also benefit people who are videotaping their screen for a video, etc.

Genders: This would be a good idea, especially for an avid role player. I personally would use this option a lot, but you could also put it in your biography. Many people don't look at the biographies, so why would they look there anyway? This would be better for chat maybe (Optional!). It could look something like this: Sagitta (F): Hello!
People do already do that anyways though, like Sagitta F Wolf or something.

Links in chat/copy and paste: Oh yes. I hate having to write a whole link (usually to MediaFire...) back and forth from the game to my web browser. That's a pain, and it sucks when you accidentally forget a symbol and/or put the wrong one. Nowadays I just use Tinyurl.com which I'm pretty thankful for. xD Really the only problem I see with this is that some people might use it for spam... People could just copy and paste whatever (regardless of the chat/word limit) and just spam the entire chat whenever they want.

Well, those are just some of my opinions. These are really good ideas though; I'd love to see some implemented into the game in the future.
By the way, your avatar is adorable. x3

Offline TheApplePie

• Finest Floof
  • I breathe dan howell
    • View Profile
Re: Ideas for the game (Not all are mine)
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014, 04:46:46 pm »
You do have a few good ideas in here; I especially love the last one. I hate copying links back and forth.

Inappropriate language in game: This would be very helpful to the staff moderation-wise, but I personally think the game would become more like Wolf Quest. I've seen people cursing in local chat repeatedly many times, an I think this feature would stop that. But, I'm sure someone would think of a way to bypass the system like in WQ. For example, because people can't say "female/girl," people use "lass." It would probably be the same for this feature since people could just use their own substitutions for the bad words.
Swear words should be banned/blocked from the chat if a user types it in, and the user should be kicked for a while.
That's actually a really good idea; the chat could just spot out these words an give the player a warning. If they do it again, they could be kicked and after that, they could be banned temporarily.

MODs in every public map: It would be nice if there was a MOD in every public map, but they're people too- They need rest, food, etc. They couldn't spend all day in one map. That's where reporting comes in. If you know there's a MOD online, you could also whisper them to the map in case there's something in progress. A MOD in every map would also be good for catching any players who break the rules or if someone needs help with something game-wise or forum-wise.

Presets: I'd really link for this to be added. It kind of reminds me of the "preset bracelet item" in Pawsome Items v4. I used to use that item sometimes, but remember, that could only be seen by people who have the same item pack. So a lot of people couldn't see it anyway, sadly. I'm sure a "PRESET" marking would replace that positively. In case you haven't seen this yet, there's a preset sync available for the game which allows you to see the presets of others who also have the sync. Here's the link to the preset sync: http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=39845.0

Offline playing mode: I saw another thread about this, and honestly, I find it a bit useless for a MMORPG. I would be very helpful for users who have poor internet, but couldn't they also just go into preset maker/map marker/object maker an run around in there? I did that multiple times when my internet was down actually. It was amusing, but it soon got boring. xD And offline mode would also benefit people who are videotaping their screen for a video, etc.

Genders: This would be a good idea, especially for an avid role player. I personally would use this option a lot, but you could also put it in your biography. Many people don't look at the biographies, so why would they look there anyway? This would be better for chat maybe (Optional!). It could look something like this: Sagitta (F): Hello!
People do already do that anyways though, like Sagitta F Wolf or something.

Links in chat/copy and paste: Oh yes. I hate having to write a whole link (usually to MediaFire...) back and forth from the game to my web browser. That's a pain, and it sucks when you accidentally forget a symbol and/or put the wrong one. Nowadays I just use Tinyurl.com which I'm pretty thankful for. xD Really the only problem I see with this is that some people might use it for spam... People could just copy and paste whatever (regardless of the chat/word limit) and just spam the entire chat whenever they want.

Well, those are just some of my opinions. These are really good ideas though; I'd love to see some implemented into the game in the future.
By the way, your avatar is adorable. x3

I understand that the mods are busy and need  things just like other players do, and I mentioned that I understand it.
About the 'F' and 'M' thing, gah. I didn't think about that. You have also come up with a lot of good points, thanks for taking time to write your opinion down.  :)

P.S Thanks. My dog loves showing off when my sis puts stuff on him. x3

Offline Spottedbears

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • mister sandman, bring me a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014, 04:51:55 pm »
well, i don't think swears should be banned. my friends and i, we swear all the time HOWEVER it's never in local. so if you want to make sure they don't break rules, make sure all public chats are censored/kept track of

Art by me!
DA: Chrome-domey
Tumblr: Cassiopirate
Need preset, animating, or map help? PM me!

Offline TheApplePie

• Finest Floof
  • I breathe dan howell
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2014, 05:04:38 pm »
well, i don't think swears should be banned. my friends and i, we swear all the time HOWEVER it's never in local. so if you want to make sure they don't break rules, make sure all public chats are censored/kept track of
That was what I meant with 'banning swear words'. (Censor swear words in Local)
 I think swearing shouldn't be used in the game in the first place anyway, it is a child friendly game. Even though they should be 13+, there are still 9-12 year olds playing, and we don't want to get them into swearing, do we? In a game you never, ever know if someone is a male or female, 20 years of age or even 8.