Author Topic: Genders symbols ingame  (Read 5965 times)

Offline EssenceOfShadow

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: -1
    • View Profile
Genders symbols ingame
« on: March 29, 2011, 09:38:55 pm »
(Yes I realized I was the last to post a new topic, but this didn't really go with what I was saying :P)
I would like to have, ingame, gender symbols under our names.
It drives me crazy when I get called a boy, and I have to correct the poor person.
It would save ALOT of confusion and embarrassment if this were added. And possibly our groups under our names too if it wasn't much trouble.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 08:25:39 pm by Saleana »

Offline Sylph

• ? Ninja Time ?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
    • View Profile
    • DrA
Re: Genders symbols ingame
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 09:44:57 pm »
I do like that idea. It would be very helpful. xD I got called a guy a few times. D:
But groups? Hm...I like it, but I don't think it's needed. You can see groups if you double click the user. :P

Offline GemWolf

• Avani's Ninja Agent
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • play rain world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 09:48:02 pm »
I get called a guy all the time LOL. It doesn't bother me much since it's happened so much. But I do like this idea.
Then again, people don't check profiles. I know. Because on every site I have my gender posted on it, and I still get called a guy. So, in some cases, it wouldn't help much. xD I do like the idea though.

Offline NightShade.

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • I had text, til' I took an arrow in the knee.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 09:54:19 pm »
Hmm I think thiis is a great idea.. One of my characters has a side maine.... and i think its girlish.... so then i add a cheek tuft... but then i think thats STILL girlish... And then i add a backmaine.... and i think its not really girlish.. and when i go in game i get called a girl lol. But I think just the color of the yellow stuff gets changed so for girls its red and for boys its blue or something like that? so its not flooded with group: dljgakfjk Gender: Female. It would be kinda long.

Account ingame: Nightshade.
Deviantart: CeruleanCube

Offline EssenceOfShadow

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 10:04:22 pm »
I always put in my bio, "I AM A GIRL." No one really reads bios unless you ask... I sure don't.
I don't think it would be crowded though... on Pirates of the Caribbean online,  the group under the name fits perfectly, though it's a bit small. I don't really do groups, but I think this might help the awkward "Oh, you already have a group..." moments. And it would be easier to identify your own group. Some people put the group's initials in their name, and this works fine.
And also I meant under your name-tag that's above your head, not in your bio thingy.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 10:09:29 pm by Saleana »

JazzForLife

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 10:36:55 pm »
I like the gender thing. But I don't know about the group. If someone's really interested in inviting you, they should check your bio or just plain ask you.

slycan

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2011, 10:43:26 pm »
kinda agree with this

but someone always brings up the "genderless" and the one that have "both parts"..

or even the ones that think they are girls stuck in a males body, and vice versa.

Then you have the ones that simply just want to look/act like the opposite gender but keep there parts.

/not trying to offend anyone - I just don't know the technical names.

Offline EssenceOfShadow

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2011, 10:49:40 pm »
Well, your right Sly. But I don't think we have that on the site, do we?
Maybe a "Do not show gender" in the options?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 10:51:58 pm by Saleana »

SnowLeopardsLily

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 05:03:12 pm »
yes tht would be very helpful! its hard to make ur chara look like a female if u dont want it to look girly

Offline Remix

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2011, 06:27:22 pm »
Great idea, that's very useful :)

+1 karma :P

-Remix in-game.