Author Topic: Neons  (Read 2301 times)

Offline Reving32

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • if you haven't got anything nice to say, sit down.
    • h0nkmaster
    • naegito
    • sacrificethenuns
    • reving32
    • realnozomitojo
    • View Profile
    • deviantart.com
Neons
« on: May 13, 2014, 08:39:56 pm »
Ive seen so many Neon Simba's and nala's... hurting my le eyes... i think they are terrible, what do ya think...  :-\

Offline Reving32

• Curious Wanderer
    • h0nkmaster
    • naegito
    • sacrificethenuns
    • reving32
    • realnozomitojo
    • View Profile
    • deviantart.com
Re: Neons
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 08:58:16 pm »

Ive seen so many Neon Simba's and nala's... hurting my le eyes... i think they are terrible, what do ya think...  :-\
[Not that i judge them or anything like that, their just... to neon for my eyes]

Offline Echofrost255

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 10:10:42 pm »
Neon characters are completely acceptable anywhere in FH. The character creator gives you free to edit sliders to choose your colours. If a person wishes to make a neon character (being Simba, Nala, etc) that's entirely their choice! That's one of the greatest things about the game is the freedom you have to do what you wish of your character to your own preferences. Let a person be neon and unique! However, I've seen a few Roleplays which only accept realistic coloured characters, and that's when I believe it's inappropriate to possess a neon, because those are the particular rules for that RP. So I entirely think that people get their choice ^^ If they want to make a neon Nala, let them!

Signature by Sevral

Offline Reving32

• Curious Wanderer
    • h0nkmaster
    • naegito
    • sacrificethenuns
    • reving32
    • realnozomitojo
    • View Profile
    • deviantart.com
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 10:25:07 pm »
I know that, but People are most being neons to troll or annoy others, im just saying that its very annoying When they like... buttswings on ya or like... wanting You to be angry and... other stuff but i respect them

Aicosu125

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 10:26:34 pm »
I really don't mind neon characters. My fursona has neon teal hair. Although me being a TLK character freak I love TLK characters to be perfect, so I like to use the actual colors from the movie and use them, but I cannot change that in other users that rp TLK/TLK2.

Offline StormClaws68

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Constantly hunting for RPs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 10:28:02 pm »
Pretty sure buttswinging over another player is against the rules! If they do that, report them ;)

And I really haven't seen any neons out there to annoy people. Only people like me! Only have neon characters, so they can never find an rp and as such, have to run around aimlessly making movies trying to find someone; while annoying people accidentally in the process.

Personally though, I believe that if you are doing a character off something else (show, movie, ext.) if should be perfect, but that's just me! If they want a bright Simba, that is their choice.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 10:30:24 pm by StormClaws68 »

Kellin <3
Click here to view my characters!

If you see me, feel free to say hi!

Thierry

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2014, 10:38:12 pm »
Even if most trolls have neon characters, this does not means all neon characters are trolls. So about the butwinging in face and stuff, its just matter of reporting and blocking.
Aditionally, i see no true reason of their colors hurting your eyes (unless you have a eye sickness or you screen brightness is too high or you are in the dark), your computer screen have lot of bright (and flashing) colors on many webpages and images you see daily.
After all i prefer to have realistic colors on my characters, but i have a few ones with neon colors and i believe it has nothing bad for anyone's eyes.
Edit: In most modern video cards you can adjust the colors in the screen so it wont hurt your eyes, ie: reducing saturation.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 01:15:49 am by Thierry »

baltowolflover

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2014, 11:05:59 pm »
I like neon colored characters, I believe half of my characters have neon colors. xD

Offline Reving32

• Curious Wanderer
    • h0nkmaster
    • naegito
    • sacrificethenuns
    • reving32
    • realnozomitojo
    • View Profile
    • deviantart.com
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2014, 11:06:48 pm »
Fffff.... my Brother have putted the brightness and flash on full... thats the problem, he told  me it right know,.

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2014, 01:29:41 am »
Here's a recient quote from my ask me thread regarding "sparkle dogs/neons."

Sparkle Cats/Dogs: I'm not sure why people act so negatively towards them! I actually do like brightly colored characters; they're creative and different from all of those realistic role players. It adds a bit of "pizazz" into Feralheart. I think people hate on them is because of stereotyping- A lot of people associate brightly-colored critters for trolls or mate centers, which is a shame since Feralheart needs more creativity when it comes to character coloration. In conclusion, yes, I do like the occasional "sparkle" dog/cat.
That's pretty much my opinion on bright colored characters. When I head people say: "My eyes!" I find it a bit of an over dramatization. (If it's due to your graphics settings, that's a completely different thing... Lol) I don't mind seeing neon-ish characters; I think they're pretty unique, especially when the colors blend nicely, such as green and blue or red and orange.

It's a shame when "extremely literate" and "extremely realistic" players mock brightly colored characters for being "n00bs" or being "so-called illiterates." Feral heart isn't exactly a game about who can be the most realistic, it's a game for role playing; it shouldn't matter what your character looks like. That's a bit of my opinion. :)