Author Topic: The "Dance"  (Read 3514 times)

Offline The Pumpkin King

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
The "Dance"
« on: May 20, 2014, 11:21:24 pm »
WARNING: RANT

Imagine going into your favorite public map in FeralHeart. It's quiet, peaceful and you're just sitting minding your own business and then wham! Somebody is spamming the chat into oblivion by screaming out, "omg guise les twerk lolololol twerk twerk twerk" and they start buttswinging...

Yes, I said buttswing...

...Why are you surpri- oh God...

Is this really what this world is coming to? I go on FeralHeart or on any multiplayer server for one friggin' second and someone is summoning Miley Cyrus. No it's not funny, no it's no amusing, no it's not "just for fun". It's disgusting. Horrid. Repulsive. Gross. Have you even seen it in real life? How can you... how... I ask... HOW can you POSSIBLY LIKE THAT?

HOOOOW?

I need an answer! I want to know what makes mankind tick! I want to know why they find this so amusing and acceptable!

... And also.

Apparently "buttswinging" now means "twerk". Buttswinging is twerking. Headbanging is twerking. Even SITTING is twerking. I dance for one second and people come beside me and scream "omg leik twerk wit us evry1 iz doin et lololol". My God, this term has been around for years and yet it suddenly becomes popular because some girl decided to do it in front of a camera. And if she wasn't a live television I bet nobody would care.

Everytime I see that word come up in the chat I have to run. I just can't take it. It makes me want to blow up. And honestly I go on the computer and play games because I want to escape from society for a little bit but NO! I can't even have that anymore! Everything is the same EVERYWHERE.

God, and this isn't the only game. All are infected.

Is there anyone out there who despises of this? Is there anybody? Or at least someone who can tell me WHY people LIKE THIS?

I just don't understand.

AlphaEclipse

Re: The "Dance"
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 11:40:30 pm »
Geez, I know what you mean. Ever since Miley Cyrus did that, I've been seeing it in Feral Heart quite a bit, especially at Mate Centers annoying everyone there. Once in Bonfire I was sitting alone and this Miley Cyrus character (WITH a mallet/hammer item LOL. I think I have a screenshot buried somewhere...) came over to me and just started buttswinging next to me. I don't even...
Apparently "buttswinging" now means "twerk". Buttswinging is twerking. Headbanging is twerking. Even SITTING is twerking.
That right there... In chat, whenever someone says "twerk," they always seem to be buttswinging. Alwaysss. Probably just because it's similar to twerking in their opinion.
All I can say is that it's not against the rules (unless they're being very inappropriate) so they can do it when ever they desire. Sometimes it's just best to block them if they're bothering you.

Offline The Pumpkin King

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 11:52:09 pm »
Sometimes it's just best to block them if they're bothering you.

Then there'd just be you and like four other people that are unblocked in game lmao. And I sometimes do but I'm one of those people who doesn't like to block because I'm secretly plotting my plan to destroy them. I just want to know where everyone is so I can keep my distance from them.

And if any of the dance moves look like... twerking on this game it would be head bang but they already have a name for that and it's "humping". No wonder everyone uses head swing because they don't want to be yelled at for "twerking" or "humping".

And just to ruin it when ya'll head swing next to another it looks like your smacking the person in the butt with your character's tail. Just sayin'. Did I ruin it? No? ...Dang. jk And yeah, I know they're not being inappropriate but I wish it was a rule so I can play this game in peace.

By the way I love the font. That smexy font. Dats a fine font. MMM HELLA FINE. What am I doing...

I dont understand or really like it either, but thats people.

I mean come on, when Gangnam style was popular people ran around screamin that.
So its just a trend that hopefully will die down

That is true but if this annoys me more than the doge meme and... that's pretty much it then that's saying something. But it's only my opinion so... This one just seems like it's been lasting for eternity.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 11:56:39 pm by The Pumpkin King »

Offline xXQueenXx

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • Sippin tea
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2014, 08:03:53 pm »
Hopefully someone new will create a new dance that doesn't teach little kids of our generation about.. Yeah.. And I agree.  Twerking, personally has no meaning to me and seems rather pointless.  I understand it's a "thing" now but seriously, it's getting old.   :-\

Offline The Pumpkin King

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 01:42:55 am »
Yes that signature is legit but it has infected real life to. Only luck will get us through this now...

Offline alexterri

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • We are One
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2014, 05:31:59 pm »
This. Just this

One time Iwas on my elk character, and I lied down, and since he has no tail, someone told me I was twerking :[

Offline AerosArrow

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • im tRASH
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2014, 10:59:37 pm »
Its gotten on my last nerve also.

Offline trinitylovespink

• Experienced Traveler
  • Glowing potato pocket
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2014, 12:26:51 am »
I hate it. Nothing we can do about it sadly, we cant stop the young ones to stop the stupid comments of Twerking but the best thing to do would be to let it go and find something some map else
Here To Help!
Ingame: trinitylovespink
dA: Donttouchsilverlark
Tumblr: Donttouchsilver

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2014, 02:58:49 am »
Summing it up, the reason behind it is because FeralHeart is a reflection of real-world pop culture, albeit on a smaller scale.

In my opinion, anyway. xD
Like Faolan brought out, this happened similarly with Gangnam Style, or really any popular dance. It's a fad, and since "twerk" is now used in the mainstream English language (and likely extending beyond just English), and how strongly our younger generations are entrenched in social media, which in turn is strongly entrenched in pop culture and the wave of "twerking" that happened since Miley Cyrus' reboot, it's no surprise that users associate any booty-shaking or movement whatsoever as "twerking."
Just as well, everyone knows what twerking is, and it gets a big reaction no matter where you go.

Popular/well-known word + big reaction + "funny" factor = It gets attention very well, which the kiddos will often thrive on, using it to appeal (or at least stimulate) the pop culture side of us that everyone is familiar with (even if you don't like it xD).

Unfortunately it does get a little derp when someone uses even Headswing as a reason to yell "THEY'RE TWERKING." I saw some users in Bonfire once yelling about "Zira's twerking!" when the only Zira on the island was Headswinging. Indeed, the character's buttocks do move in that action, but it's side-to-side, rather than the front-to-back booty-popping associated with legitimate twerking (too many things sound so "off" about that sentence, I just--).
So it's not even accurate, yo. >o>

But, again, it's popular, and it tends to grab your attention because of its appeal to pop culture and the "rebellious" fact that it's a rather provocative dance that you wouldn't want grandma to see--but it's not so bad that it's worth a warning in the game.

So. Eh. *shrug* What can ya do. Chances are there'll be another fad coming on in pop culture that'll sweep across the internet and worm its way into FH's chats right along with it.
Until then.. Brace yourselves for the continuing onslaught of twerk references. There's really no effective way nor legitimate enough reason to stop or even lessen it, so it's not really worth worrying about it so long as users keep it clean.
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline Metronome

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • IF YOU SMEEEEEELLLLL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKING
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2014, 03:42:52 am »
I feel that this is a slight overreaction, but I can see why it can annoy you.

"CLIMB THE LADDER KID, MAKE YOURSELF FAMOUS!"- Jim Ross

Video game, zombie, pro wrestling, and giant monster enthusiast. PM if you wish for Steam username.
In-game name: Geekboy27