Author Topic: Creating Meshes - Need help!  (Read 1013 times)

Offline HakubiLee

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Weeping willow, won't you wallow louder?
    • View Profile
Creating Meshes - Need help!
« on: May 23, 2014, 05:43:19 pm »
Hello there. I make 3d models to make most of my living (I sell them on various websites and use them in a game called Second Life.) I wouldn't say I'm fantastic, but I'm good enough hehe.

So, basically, I'm having some problems with the first step of this tutorial by Hammy.
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=11025.0

The ogre mesh exporter script is the problem. I can't download it. Attempt to download it and you will see the problem. The page to download it is suspended.

If there is any way of gettting around this, it would be appreciated. Or someone could email me it ([email protected]) or something. This is not my personal email, I made it specifically for this, also I'm an adult. So don't worry about kids giving away their emails x3

Anyways, if anyone could help me I would love then times nine.
I'm back to share art, and start roleplays!!

In-game I am HakubiLee!

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
Re: Creating Meshes - Need help!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 07:32:01 pm »
While I know not as to how to re-gain access to the exporter ye're askin' for (due to the suspension), perhaps this'll help ye' out. It's a tutorial on another mesh exporter that ye' can possibly use in replacement of the exporter Hammy suggested.

Note that I no longer use/have AC3D!

Hullo peoples. o3o
Here's my tutorial on how to convert a mesh using AC3D. This method works for me very well.

First off, you will need AC3D, of course!
AC3D is found here:
AC3D

AC3D is safe, and easy to use as long as you download from the original site. There is a trial version that lasts 14 days. c:

After you've downloaded it, open AC3D.

Next, get any sort of 'mesh'. This site is helpful:

TF3D.com

Download a mesh, and save it to your desktop. C: You will see this: (-is using a wolf mesh for this-)

Next, go back into AC3D and go into file > import.

Open your mesh!

Then, go into file > export > ORGE .mesh

This will pop up:

It is important you leave the material part blank. Otherwise, no material for your mesh will be made.

Next, save it wherever you want. c: I like saving it to my desktop.

It will spit out not one file, but two! The material is used to add a texture to your new mesh.

CONGRATS! You've successfully converted a mesh to .mesh! |D  
I wish ye' luck, sir.
gone

Offline HakubiLee

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Weeping willow, won't you wallow louder?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 08:01:01 pm »
Oh thank you very much :3 How kind of you!
And I'm actually a ma'am. I let my cousin play and he changed all my settings! Just changed them back though :)
I'm back to share art, and start roleplays!!

In-game I am HakubiLee!

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 08:12:41 pm »
Ah, I see. I apologize for the misunderstandin', ma'dam.
I hope the tutorial proves useful to ye'. Best of luck makin' those meshes.~ If ye' have any additional problems regardin' this matter, feel free to PM me or simply leave another comment here. Whichever works for ye'.
gone