Author Topic: Impossible!  (Read 1940 times)

Offline in.your.heart

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • I'm that girl with the guitar.
    • View Profile
Impossible!
« on: May 23, 2014, 08:05:56 pm »
/Sorry if the topic doesn't belong here, or there has already been one of such. Move or lock if needed!/

Ok, am I the only one who finds it nearly 'impossible' to randomly RP in Bonfire Island? Like, you just enter with a new character who nobody knows and start roleplaying. Anybody will hardly response to you, if they manage to read your post, of course.
I just entered with my new panther character and typed a few posts as she stalked a few horses very close to her. xD Guess what. No attention. Well, not as if I expect them all focused on me, but how can I RP if my posts remain unanswered?

Summing up, it's just hard to get any attention if you're not referring to a specified person, therefore it's hard to roleplay with random people.

Again, is it just me? Or are there others of you who have experienced the same problem?
Supernatural addict
Potterhead
Skyrim
The Sims

Offline trinitylovespink

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Glowing potato pocket
    • View Profile
    • My DA
Re: Impossible!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 08:27:24 pm »
Your not the only one, this happens due to the fact that most rpers prefer to stay role-playing with their own Animal. For example
Cat=Cat
Dog=Wolf
Bird=Eagles
and So forth.
Its not that they are ignoring you, its just kinda (Not Annoying) but Rude to jump in the middle of someone else Role-play. This is my personal opinion on people jumping in...(Not to be mean ^-^)
Here To Help!
Ingame: trinitylovespink
dA: Donttouchsilverlark
Tumblr: Donttouchsilver

Offline Sherlockian

• Yes, it means I'm bread
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • Lynxy nuzzles <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 08:36:58 pm »
I think you'd find this would most likely happen in all maps, especially when you're a predator. A lot of the times, the horses are all in in a specific group and henceforth usually do not like to be disturbed by random people hopping into the roleplay. It's usually best to just ask them OOC if it's alright to RP with them and, if you're a predator, ask them if it's alright if their character could possibly get hurt. c:

You should see it this way, say you were roleplaying peacefully with a group of friends, when you got disturbed by a random user trying to hunt down and kill your character without your permission. Certain users may be more attached to their characters as well and so would not like it to die, resulting in them usually ignoring. X3

So yush, I think you'll find that this would probably happen a lot, not just in Bonfire. ^^
Please, feel free to call me Genny. x)

Offline in.your.heart

• Curious Wanderer
  • I'm that girl with the guitar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 08:43:37 pm »
I get your idea. I'm being somewhat rude and annoying. Well, I sometimes ask people if I can RP with them, and usually remain ignored again xD I guess I should always ask before typing.
Supernatural addict
Potterhead
Skyrim
The Sims

Offline trinitylovespink

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Glowing potato pocket
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2014, 08:55:16 pm »
That Would be the best thing to do. XD
Here To Help!
Ingame: trinitylovespink
dA: Donttouchsilverlark
Tumblr: Donttouchsilver

Offline nubeees

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2014, 10:47:36 pm »
Sometimes people are simply rudely ignoring you. This even happens in groups... Its unbelievably frustrating when the group you're in doesn't read your posts.

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2014, 10:58:05 pm »
When your in a crowded area/map (such as Stone Bridge or Bonfire) sometimes people tend to only look for their friends' posts instead of reading every single post that enters the chat. So in my opinion I think it's best to whisper the person and ask them to rp that way (ooc, of course)
Farewell everyone<3

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2014, 02:16:40 am »
I tried to Role-Play with some WCs on my No-Nonsense Bob-Cat/Lynx Beeju.

It... Didn't really go very far...

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Rivaille.

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Shingeki no Thug Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2014, 07:32:17 am »
Oi.
This has happened to me many times before. With the amount of people at Bonfire Island, the chat box seems to be flooded with miscellaneous things and whatnot, making it somewhat difficult for users to even spot out their friends' posts let alone someone else's who just randomly appeared. This applies to other maps as well.
Similar to what Sherlockian said, most users don't exactly want their characters to die either. Without asking them for permission, they will most likely ignore you and carry on. Even if you are not a predator targeting a specific character, it still seems better to ask someone if they would like to roleplay. If not, don't fret. If you would like to roleplay at any time, try hanging around a few of the hotspots such as Stone Bridge or the portal to Cape and see if there are any groups recruiting for members.
I just don't see this random roleplaying worth the time and effort. It would be of some miracle if someone were to pick up on one, but I don't think it'll happen much often. For me, I'd say that I've successfully been a part of a small handful of random roleplays, most of which did not last long at all.

"The difference in judgement between you and me originates from different rules derived from past experience."
In-Game Username: Rivaille.

Offline WildWolf#1

• Experienced Traveler
  • pottymouth posse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2014, 08:41:06 am »
I do try RPing and blending with other groups and I do understand it's extremely frustrating. Though, I do have a horse character and I really, really hate it when a predator attacks me for no reason at all. They are usually never in the RP or haven't asked to harm me. It's a bit better if you did ask the person OOC in whisper to maybe RP or harm the character before interrupting them c:

spirit, who could not be broken