Author Topic: Map texture question  (Read 1298 times)

Offline xcandyheartsx

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • back after two long years..
    • View Profile
Map texture question
« on: May 23, 2014, 09:11:09 pm »
Wow, have I been inactive for a while.
Anyways, I was wondering how to get a texture from like say, google images into your map? Because I saw a texture I really would like to use in my map, and I saved it and put it into textures (I renamed it) but it didn't show up in Map Maker, where it has a list of all the textures you can use.
So yeah, I'm just curious.

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
Re: Map texture question
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 09:20:45 pm »
There should be a .cfg file in FeralHeart > media > terrains > textures called 'defaultTex'. Write the exact name of your custom texture in that list, including the type of file it is, for example, .jpg. Save it, restart the game and it should be listed.

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline xcandyheartsx

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 10:31:14 pm »
Ok, but I put my texture into the place you said, and edited the cfg the right way, and went to feralheart, but it wasn't listed there. I'm thinking it might be the size, is it because it's 600x600?

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 11:33:31 pm »
I don't think the size of the texture matters. Maybe save the image as a jpeg if it isn't already; all the other textures are in jpg format so maybe they'll only work like that.

Edit:

I think there'll also be a Text Document in that same folder, also called defaultTex. Add the full name of your custom texture file into that list as well. Preferably in the same place as you did on the other list - if you added it to the bottom of the list in the other file, add it to bottom aswell in this file. I think that should make the name come up in the map maker. :)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 11:42:43 pm by DoctorFlob »

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline xcandyheartsx

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2014, 11:56:53 pm »
Actually I looked for the text document, and its saved as a jpg, but so far no luck. Thanks anyways :3

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2014, 12:06:12 am »
Ok, but I put my texture into the place you said, and edited the cfg the right way, and went to feralheart, but it wasn't listed there. I'm thinking it might be the size, is it because it's 600x600?

Size shouldn't be a problem but if it is then you can always shrink it down in a program such as Photoshop or GIMP. Open either of those programs up and create a new window that's 512x512 in size. Copy and paste your image into that empty window and shrink it down until it fits using the resize tool.
Will be inactive due to work and exams.