Author Topic: Security issue again :3  (Read 3563 times)

Offline IcyFrost

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
  • what is life? life is cheese.
    • View Profile
Security issue again :3
« on: May 25, 2014, 02:27:59 am »
When I'm on the web on my computer, if the mouse isn't moved for around 30-60 seconds, the page turns to xqixqi.com. It says something like "Skipping Ad, Please Wait...". A few seconds after the page is opened, the browser freezes and crashes. This isn't a separate tab opened, it's still the same tab that this happens on. I checked on another computer as well, and the same thing happened, every page I visited. Every time I go onto any page and don't move the mouse for 30-60 seconds, the search is redirected to xqixqi.com. I seriously cant do anything on the web anymore, it's just too annoying when I try to read something. Windows Defender is being annoying too, as it detects nothing. :3

Can someone tell me how to fix this? Mhen tis hard to type on a phone

Because yes, everyone needs Canada in their signatures.

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
Re: Security issue again :3
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 02:53:32 am »
I've never had somethin' like this happen to me personally nor have I heard anythin' like it..

Although, after lookin' around, it would seem that this is a malware problem. Yer computer software is infected. I advise downloadin' an anti-malware program (like Malwarebytes Anti-Malware- I used this program before and I assure it's 100% safe and easy to handle) or updatin' any anti-virus program(s) ye' may have. If yer program(s) are already updated and still detect nothin' in particular, then again I will state- yer computer may be infected with malware and needs to be scanned/cleaned thoroughly with an anti-malware program or get checked out by someone with experience when it comes to viruses and computers.

Feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken with anythin' in my statement.
gone

Offline IcyFrost

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 03:51:38 am »
Eh... Nevermind xD
I've been able to sort out the problem with the process explorer from Sysinternals (from Microsoft). Quite a few odd processes drifting around. Killed them and it allowed me to dig deeper into the problem. There was some sort of bad registry key, as well as a browser redirect from who knows where :3

But now that that's all clean and sorted, the only thing left is to find what really caused the problem. The only programs I have downloaded on my computer are FH, Minecraft (from minecraft.net), GIMP (from gimp.org), CCleaner, and Process explorer from Sysinternals. The only sites I visit are the FH forums, and sometimes Youtube, and when doing school reports, Wikipedia. But again, this happened on both of the computers I tested. But anyway, thanks for helping :)

Edit: Still happening on the other computer. I'll do the same thing I did with my computer on the other one.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 04:01:05 am by IcyFrost »

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2014, 04:49:28 am »
Arr, it seems you have some adware you have downloaded and rooted into your computer that redirects browsers to the website you have displayed if you do not move your mouse. A bad registry key, like you said. Since you said it was infecting two computers, it leads me to believe that that specific virus spreads via wifi, but there can be other ways it can spread. It's possible it was contacted through an ad you left open to long, a popup you clicked on, etc. Anyways, I'd recommend running a system restore and then rescanning your computer. Here's a link that you'd probably find helpful with this adware: (Third post) https://community.mcafee.com/message/332390?tstart=0 Good luck. :3

-to lazy to use fonts-

Offline IcyFrost

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2014, 02:41:13 pm »
Wait, the double underlined words are a problem as well? I've seen those since I went on the forum for the first time, which was on the other computer. I see them on my current one too. But I thought that those double underlined words were just the forum, because I see them on my phone as well. Weird :3. I'll download Malwarebytes because we all know that MSE sucks. xD

But I never downloaded anything...

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2014, 02:48:01 pm »
Wait, the double underlined words are a problem as well? I've seen those since I went on the forum for the first time, which was on the other computer. I see them on my current one too. But I thought that those double underlined words were just the forum, because I see them on my phone as well. Weird :3. I'll download Malwarebytes because we all know that MSE sucks. xD

But I never downloaded anything...
The FH forums sometimes display underlined words, but that's normal. If it's anywhere else, it's possible that website it redirects to and highlighted words are related. MalwareBytes is a very good anti-malware program. xD Just make sure you download it from their official site: http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Offline raggedpelt98

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2014, 03:29:12 pm »
Hmmm. I have something familiar, but the site only pops up when I first open a window. As for my Firefox and Internet Brwser, I dont know how to save them because theres ads, tons of tool bars, ect so its difficult to even use. Would Malwarebytes find the problems?
Inactive. Will be back one day

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2014, 03:48:04 pm »
Hmmm. I have something familiar, but the site only pops up when I first open a window. As for my Firefox and Internet Brwser, I dont know how to save them because theres ads, tons of tool bars, ect so its difficult to even use. Would Malwarebytes find the problems?
Yep! MalwareBytes should find that adware, and toolbars. Toolbars can be viruses downloaded from anything. Some times while downloading something, it'll ask: "Would you like ___'s toolbar installed?," always say no. I had a problem with a toolbar a while ago, Conduit was it's name. That was difficult to get rid of. Some toolbars tell your browser to open their website the homepage and steal information.
You can uninstall some toolbars via uninstall in control panel, but some bad ones need to be removed with an antivirus or antimalware program like MalwareBytes. Once you get rid of the tool bar, you can go into your browser's option/settings and make your homepage google, bing, etc. :3 (After that you should probably scan again just in-case.)

« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 04:00:00 pm by AlphaEclipse »

Offline raggedpelt98

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2014, 05:59:19 pm »
Yep! MalwareBytes should find that adware, and toolbars. Toolbars can be viruses downloaded from anything. Some times while downloading something, it'll ask: "Would you like ___'s toolbar installed?," always say no. I had a problem with a toolbar a while ago, Conduit was it's name. That was difficult to get rid of. Some toolbars tell your browser to open their website the homepage and steal information.
You can uninstall some toolbars via uninstall in control panel, but some bad ones need to be removed with an antivirus or antimalware program like MalwareBytes. Once you get rid of the tool bar, you can go into your browser's option/settings and make your homepage google, bing, etc. :3 (After that you should probably scan again just in-case.)

O-o I have conduit. NOoooo
Inactive. Will be back one day

Offline IcyFrost

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2014, 08:31:30 pm »
O-o I have conduit. NOoooo

Don't... tell me that.... ......
Conduit was the default homepage on my computer when I first bought it. I couldn't reset it to About:tabs, nor find it in Uninstall a Program... Does that mean that my computer came preinstalled with adware..?
This computer isn't used. I bought it new....
wat
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 08:34:26 pm by IcyFrost »