Author Topic: If you could be a dinosaur...  (Read 2815 times)

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
If you could be a dinosaur...
« on: May 26, 2014, 06:43:00 pm »
...What Dinosaur would you be?

My absolute favorite Dinosaurs are the Parasaurolophus, Urbacodon and the Velociraptor. Why you ask? Well I love them so much, mainly based through appearance, strategy, agility, camouflage and feeding/hunting skills. That is why I would be any of them dinosaurs if I could be one. I wouldn't like to bore you with details but if you find the chance, you should look them up sometime.

So what Dinosaur would you be?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 06:58:03 pm by BigBangTheory »

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

blackje123

Re: If you could be a dinosaur...
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 07:01:27 pm »
i would be that flying dino! i dunno what color or species i would be, BUT I DON'T CARE!

i wanna fly and scare the poop outta little dino's  ;D

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 07:26:19 pm »
So a member from the Pteranodon and Pterodactyl family? Awesome choice! Would be so fun to fly!

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014, 07:38:21 pm »
Hmmm... Either a yutyrannus or a centrosaurus, maybe? Even better, some kind of pterodactyl like the... Errr... had to find the name for this one but... Rhamphorhynchus, maybe? That'd definitely be fun. x3

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2014, 08:06:50 pm »
I'm mostly into therapods myself. I might be a Baryonyx; a large, fish-eating dinosaur in the spinosaur family with a long snout and a big claw on it's forelimbs that it used for catching fish. I like my fish ^^
Or maybe some kind of dromaeosaur (raptor). Deinonycus probably, just cause they're so cool. It's Jurassic Park's fault.
But then there's Tyrannosaurus...come on, guys, who wouldn't want to go around as T-Rex, roaring and nomming your dinner?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 08:08:54 pm by DoctorFlob »

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline sparticles

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 51
    • http://spartay.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2014, 08:20:00 pm »

Although I like dinosaur species such as the Tyrannosaurs Rex and the Velociraptor these aren't the dinosaurs I would like to be. Eventhough they are beautiful creatures and probably at the top of the predator list with dinosaurs it appears I would like to be more of a plant eater if I had to be a dinosaur.

My first choice would have to be the Iguanodon, one of the reasons being I watched the Disney film 'Dinosaurs' and I instantly fell in love with this species of dino. But that isn't just the reason, another is I think they're beautiful and stand out - dark body with white/beige stripes -  makes it look beautiful. Although I don't know much about them they are infact one of my favorites.

My other favourite dinosaur is the Pachyrhinosaurus. Again, one of the reasons I like this dinosaur is since I watched the 3D film 'Walking With Dinosaurs' and once watching this I liked this species even more. I don't know a great deal about this species of dinosaur either but they to are beautiful creatures and I wouldn't mind being one of these as well as the Iguanodon.

So there you have my opinion on which dinosaur's I would like to be if given the chance! :)
Discord: Most active here, DM me for it.
DA Account

Signature: ImmatureGirl on DA.

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 142
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2014, 10:34:10 pm »
I think I would be a Troodon or a Deinonychus as for being a dinosaur. In my eyes they're quite pretty[ish] and interesting creatures.

Troodon

Deinonychus

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2014, 11:52:07 pm »
If I was a dinosaur, I'd definitely be a Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus.

Here's a bit of facts about this carnivorous beast:

The Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus, or "Spine Lizard", was most probably the largest meat eater ever to walk the Earth. It was a bipedal dinosaur with a crocodile-like head and a sail running down its back.
It had a 'fish trap' at the front of its snout - a cage-like array of small teeth that could hold slippery fish.
A Spinosaurus' nostrils faced forwards, much like a crocodile, which would have been a useful adaption for hunting in the water.
It had a huge sail running along its back. The longest spine measured a mighty 1.5m (5ft) long. The sail might have been used to regulate its body temperature, attract mates or deter enemies - or could have performed a combination of all of these functions.
The sail could have been full of colour as a signal to mates and rivals.
Spinosaurus had a secondary palate so that it could eat and breathe at the same time, just like a crocodile.
Spinosaurus had the longest head of any known carnivorous dinosaur. It was close to 1.8m (6ft) in length - the same as the height of a grown man.
It was an advanced theropod so we can assume that it had a high IQ for a dinosaur.

The Spinosaurus lived during the early-late Cretaceous, 100 million years ago.
It lived in the large tidal floodplains and mangrove forests present in the area which we now know as the Sahara Desert.
Spinosaurus might have shared its habitat with at least two other theropods, Bahariasaurus and Carcharodontosaurus.
The piscivorous diet of Spinosaurus set it apart from other dinosaurs. It was probably something like a Cretaceous grizzly bear, spearing fish with its claws and jaws while wading in streams.
This dinosaur was adapted for hunting fish, but it would have taken land animals too. The fossilised remains of Iguanodon have been found near the giant theropod's stomach.

The Spinosaurus was:

7m / 22.96ft
2m (7ft) taller than Tyrannosaurus.

17m / 55.76ft
5m (16ft) longer than Tyrannosaurus.

20.0tonnes / 22.4short tons
More than double the weight of Tyrannosaurus.

Spinosaurus was larger than Giganotosaurus and the famous Tyrannosaurus rex.

Spinosaurus is a theropod. These included all bipedal, carnivorous dinosaurs, including the more famous Tyrannosaurus. More specifically, Spinosaurus is part of a smaller group of dinosaurs with crocodile-like skulls and conical teeth, known as the Spinosauridae, which also includes Baryonyx.

>>Click here for more information on the Spinosaurus.<<
gone

Rizzla

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2014, 12:08:21 am »
Hmm... If i could be a dino, i'd be a Pterodacyl. Because they can fly... And... And... That's all i got. I honestly don't know much about Dinosaurs xD

Offline aerotechway1

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • "Just walking by!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2014, 07:00:58 pm »

I would be the true velociraptor. Although they were only 3ft tall, they were fast, cunning, and very cooperative in groups! They could still take you out, even if you're 6ft tall!

"Deep in contemplation."