Poll

Would you take part in a dingo, dhole, and clouded leopard roleplay?

Nah, it doesn't really interest me.
0 (0%)
Maybe.
1 (9.1%)
Yes, as a dingo.
2 (18.2%)
Yes, as a dhole.
4 (36.4%)
Yes, as a clouded leopard.
4 (36.4%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: Would you take part in a dingo, dhole, and clouded leopard roleplay?  (Read 5174 times)

Offline SavvyJackal

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
Hey, all. I'm working on this strictly realistic, rather largely mapped (approximately 1.25 square miles of land) public roleplay thing. I wanted to know if the general Feral-Heart population would be interested in roleplaying as a dingo, dhole, or clouded leopard, rather than a wolf or a lion or a warrior cat. Those roleplays are the most prevalent, after all.

The three species would share the same large map. They would be the only predators in the ecosystem. The other animals would be NPC prey animals. The realism would be rather strict. I would monitor pelt colors, markings, ear type, tail type, etc. (For example, here is a [major work in progress] design sheet page for the dingo: http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/c65f/fgqfc8gt8usid4ffg.jpg)

Anyway, tell me what you all think!

P.S. Yes, all of the animals listed are from entirely different ecosystems. However, I have a story to make it work. Let's just say it has something to do with the fact that dingos, dholes, and clouded leopards are all endangered (or threatened) species. c:

Also, I apologize if I put this in the wrong section. x.x

Offline StormClaws68

• Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Constantly hunting for RPs
    • View Profile
I would definitely RP as either a dingo or a clouded leopard! It sounds like a lot of fun depending on how many other people decide to join in!

Kellin <3
Click here to view my characters!

If you see me, feel free to say hi!

Offline SavvyJackal

• View Profile
Good to hear. I'd be a dingo, myself. Since there aren't really any markings that fit them well enough, I've made my own, for the RP to use. Realism, woot woot!

So far I have some dingo stuff. Including:

Head- Cheek, Cheek Stripe, Lower, and Full
Body- Socks, High Socks, Full
Tail- N/A

I'll upload pictures soon. XD

Offline StormClaws68

• View Profile
Ooo, cool! Otherwise, I think a marking that would look nice for a dingo would be underfur, haven't tried it out though.

Kellin <3

Offline warriorcats17

• Size matters not.
    • View Profile
Totally the cloud leopard role play! It sounds fun to me! Also it is my opinion.

Offline SavvyJackal

• View Profile
I also have MM3 and the markings didn't mess up my order. o.o I just had to delete the ones from MM3 that never worked in the first place (the last few) and it was fine.

Anyway, here's a few screenies:

I tried. I looked at dingo pictures and everything. Tell me what you all think. XD

The "Side" face marking personally doesn't appeal to me much, but... I saw it in pictures. :o
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 01:10:39 am by SavvyJackal »

Offline StormClaws68

• View Profile
It looks awesome! Nicely done  ;)

Kellin <3

Offline SavvyJackal

• View Profile
Thank you. c:

I updated them a bit to make them smoother.

Offline SavvyJackal

• View Profile
I'm considering shrinking the map to 1 square mile and making it a dingo roleplay, with an extra option for cat people to make either an Arabian leopard or a clouded leopard.

Dholes aren't really going to work in this game unless I make presets for literally every single person who makes a dhole. If I use the Indian dhole as a reference (since the Indian dhole is doable on Feral-Heart, due to its simple markings) there would only be 2 markings for the head, 1 for the body, and 1 for the tail. Colors range from red, to brown, to blonde-ish. Not much variety at all, really. Compare that to the dingo's 4 head markings, 3 body markings, and 1 tail marking. And if I do decide to do dingos as the only canines, I can always bump that up to 6 head markings, 5 body markings, and 2 tail markings with the references I have. Then there's always the "no markings" option, which works for a dingo. They have the same color pallet as dholes, but with more marking variety.

Clouded leopards have proven difficult to make markings for. I won't even attempt that again, haha.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 12:12:44 am by SavvyJackal »

Offline StormClaws68

• View Profile
Haha, that would be fine! Clouded leopards (I think) have their own FH markings though.
One mile seems great too!

Kellin <3