Author Topic: Major computer problems. [Updated :D]  (Read 3977 times)

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 138
  • actual cannibal
    • http://jackkdaw.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
Major computer problems. [Updated :D]
« on: May 29, 2014, 04:30:45 pm »
As some of you guys may have noticed, I have not been very active recently both in-game and on the forum.

Well, out of nowhere my computer suddenly got some major issues making it impossible for me to access the internet. (Basically it is saying I have full connection to the wifi like it always does, but when you try to use the internet it won't connect & will say I have no internet connection, when on the other hand I have full wifi connection.) So I have no idea what to do because I can't even scan it for malware since it wont let me online & everything I've tried so far hasn't done anything.

So, until I either magically get the money to buy a whole new freaking compute or somehow manage to fix mine, don't count on seeing me around too often. I may be a little active on the forum but only through my phone which is honestly a nightmare to type on so even still I won't be very active.

I'll update y'all if there are any changes.

Sorry. :/
Hope to see you guys soon.

Edit:

Well. First of all, the overall problem is still unsolved. However, at random times (mostly when I first log on to the laptop) I will have internet connection, but said connection is slow as a buffalo stuck in molasses- and the connection doesn't last, and I end up losing it eventually.

BUT. I just found out I can miraculously get in-game somehow... which is really.  What the heck. But hey I ain't complaining. I'm not sure how long my oh-so merciful computer will allow me to stay in-game just yet, so that's still real iffy and weird. For now, thougj, I will see y'all around the game!

So, sad to say, I am not officially back just yet, (forum-wise, and more or less in-game.) but could be a ray of hope for my computer? We'll see.
'Till then, y'all. God bless.

UPDATE

Guess what.

My computer randomly decided to stop being a scumbag, so it's all good now! X3
See y'all around the forum!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 12:01:46 am by JimMoriarty »
In-Game as: Jackkdaw
On DeviantART as Jackkdaw
sig by me

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
Re: Major computer problems.
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 05:17:04 pm »
Crap, that must really suck... Though, my suggestion would be restart it, let the computer sit, etc, unless you've already tried that then... I'm going to have to just wish ya good luck. :/

It's sad, though, seeing you becoming inactive with the only choice of a piece-of-crap-to-type phone. Trust me, I feel your pain; It's not fun. I really hope to see ya around more soon, Jimmeh! </3

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 05:36:40 pm »
Oh no! Jimmeh, lass! I'm dearly sorry to hear such a misfortune has burdened ye' so!

May a solution come soon for that must truly suck. I wouldn't blame ye' if ye're mad and flippin' tables right about now for I know I would do the same. Technology. While it can be oh so great, when it decides to malfunction, it turns into one of the most complicated problem(s) one could face.

I've never heard of this problem before and while I'm not that great with computers, perhaps ye' can give this a try:

1. Right click yer wireless icon (bottom right of laptop).
2. Choose Network and Sharing Centre.
3. Choose Manage Wireless Networks.
4. Now look for the network ye' usually connect to.
5. Highlight it and select REMOVE from the bar just above it.

Now go back to the desktop and right click the wireless icon again.
This time choose Connect To A Network.
When yers appears, choose CONNECT. Once done, enter network/password key.

If my suggestion fails to be of aid, again I hope a solution will come to ye' without ye' havin' to buy a whole other laptop.

For now, much to my own displeasure, this is fare well. Ye' take care of yerself. We will miss ye'.
gone

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • actual cannibal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 06:06:45 pm »
Ha thanks for the input, guys.
Huggy, yeah I've tried that and it hasnt done anything. :/ Thank ypu for the suggestion though.

And Vespa, thank you as well. I gave your suggestion a shot, but when i open Network and Sharing Center it doesn't give me the option "Manage Wireless Networks." So I'm at a dead end here. I really appreciate your help though, thank you so much for your input.
sig by me

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 06:22:20 pm »
Awh, that's a shame. I'm afraid that's all I can offer, lass. Again, perhaps another user more experienced with these types of situations will swoop in and save the day. I certainly hope so. It's very odd that yer laptop would all of a sudden decide to nope out on ye' when it comes to connectin' with the internet. T'is most bizarre.
gone

Offline TheApplePie

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • I breathe dan howell
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2014, 07:54:44 pm »
Nuu, it'll be sad to see you go untill you get a new one!
I'd throw ya some money if I had it D': #ForeverMoneyless

Hope to see you soon, take care and be awesome.
Bye bye. ;o;
Haven't really been speaking to you or anything, but I do stalk ya threads e3e

let's be emo in a gerard way

http://fiixl.deviantart.com/

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • actual cannibal
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2014, 10:51:34 pm »
Ha thanks guys.
unfortunately, still no luck with my PC.
I'll post again if there's any change.
'Til then, adios floofs. Hope to see you soon. :/
sig by me

Offline IcyFrost

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
  • what is life? life is cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2014, 11:44:53 pm »
I don't think that you need the tutorial below since it's only a connection issue. But you mentioned that it might be malware so... xD
Tutorial that's probably not needed:
Quote from:
Have you tried Kaspersky rescue disc?
Here's what it does:
1: Reboots your computer into an alternate operating system with Kaspersky antivirus installed.
2: Enables you to remove any virus. The virus files won't run, the Kaspersky os knows which files to use to boot the computer and which to not.
3: Edit the registry. Helps to remove something that is set to run every time the computer starts.
--
You can download it from the Kaspersky website, which I believe is www.kaspersky.com See if you can download it onto a USB stick from a friend's computer. From there, if you have a mobile device, look up how to start in the Kaspersky os and how to clean your computer enough that you can boot normally and hopefully get online. Or, you can look it up on the friends computer.
Taken from malwaretips.com
--

More to do with a connection issue:
Or, chu can just restart your router. Look up on a mobile device [Or any other device with Interwebz] how to restart a router. I have a Linksys router, so I would unplug the small black cord from the router, and place it back in after a few seconds. Not from the modem [Depends on how it looks, mine looks like a tall black box xD].
Taken from real life fails xD
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 11:46:34 pm by IcyFrost »

Because yes, everyone needs Canada in their signatures.

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2014, 12:58:55 am »
nopenopenope
-clings-

Why must your computer be so meaaaan. Gawd. Gurl, who will I stalk in-game anymore? B( I hope I see you in Bonfire sometime. I'll be waiting. >:3

This may sound a bit simplistic, but so into "start," and type in "CHKDSK." Your computer will run a full hardware and software scan to search for bad sectors, clusters, and more baaaad stuff that's hidden on computers.

Edit: I'll miss this:
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 01:23:36 am by AlphaEclipse »

Offline Shally

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 220
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2014, 02:07:41 pm »
I'm sorry to hear you're having computer issues - I wish I could help but this isn't really my strong side :3
I hope you'll get things fixed soon! Take care of yourself until we meet again!

Love// Shallow