Author Topic: VIRUSES! Ugh!  (Read 3260 times)

Offline Neowulf

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Somewhere, in an alternate universe...
    • View Profile
VIRUSES! Ugh!
« on: June 21, 2014, 05:10:03 am »
So, we all have probably had one of these and we ALL hate them. Face it, you do too. I bring this thread to face existence because I just got a buttload of random %U$(U on my computer, and I uninstalled it immediately. I still have to reboot my CPU for one of the objects to be fully deleted, and one of the programs I accidentally downloaded(Somehow, for no Y$(#*_ reason) actually tried to spawn MORE hellware. I opened the Task Manager when they didn't close and shut them down manually. And why do I jabber about this ($*#+? Because I got a trojan virus on my computer. God *$&# *7$$. And I apologize for all the grawlix, it's to censor my souring tongue. Face it, you've likely faced a situation like this before. Tell me about it with a reply, and let's see if my ordeal was just petty(Which it probably really is-- I know someone who randomly got Strongvault the Pest) or if it was a moderately big deal. (I also know someone who got the worst worm virus in existence on their computer.)

Art gallery
[Find me in-game as Neowulf]

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
Re: VIRUSES! Ugh!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2014, 11:59:28 am »
I do endless of things on the internet, yet never had any real issues with viruses.
The only virus I know I've had is Trojan Horse.
I've always used the same virus program.

I have difficulties understanding how people can have virus issues since I haven't had any myself.
RETIRED.

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 09:20:08 am »
Since I've done...everything you can think off on the internet I'vve had my share of viruses.
Including these
-Trojan horse
-A virus were ads pop up everywhere.
-A fake chat thing that pops up in my facebook messagers.
-And the biggest most devastating virus ever. The FBI virus. Which locks you out of your computer and shows a screen like
this

Offline Marilyn

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 10:39:41 pm »
Haha, I had a scare today.
I was so used to installing/reinstalling winzip without any problems, so I rushed through the download without reading anything. Big mistake. Ended up with a browser hijacker called Rocket.
Freaked out. Uninstalled eeeeverything I downloaded today. "o god this is the end". Fixed it. Got 7zip instead. Reinstalled everything.
Moral of the story: don't icarus while downloading and read everything. Because I'm stupid.

Offline Neowulf

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Somewhere, in an alternate universe...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 11:14:53 pm »

-And the biggest most devastating virus ever. The FBI virus. Which locks you out of your computer and shows a screen like
this
Oh wow. Oh freaking WOOOOW. Are you actually legally obligated to pay that?! That's just. Just SCARY. And does it randomly occur? If so... Eeehh... Scary. Scary-scary. Never-go-anywhere-but-FHforums-and-normal-sites ever AGAIN scary.
Avoid all things ever...

Art gallery
[Find me in-game as Neowulf]

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2014, 11:26:12 pm »

this
Oh wow. Oh freaking WOOOOW. Are you actually legally obligated to pay that?! That's just. Just SCARY. And does it randomly occur? If so... Eeehh... Scary. Scary-scary. Never-go-anywhere-but-FHforums-and-normal-sites ever AGAIN scary.
Avoid all things ever...
Hahaha, quite a few viruses do that actually. They basically give you a (fake) warning that locks your computer until you pay a certain amount. Ever hear of CryptoLocker? This was a recent scare. It encrypts all of your information and sends a private key to a main server and creates a registry key on your PC. It basically demands you to pay 200 - 300 dollars or it will delete/encrypt/corrupt most of your files. Some unlucky people payed it and there files/information didn't decrypt. The evil ransomware: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/CryptoLocker
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 11:29:25 pm by AlphaEclipse »

Offline Whinp

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 50
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2014, 10:53:00 pm »
One day, i turned on the computer and my antivirus says it detected the virus. I was like, "What the hell?" because i didnt download anything the last time i went on the computer.
I know its strange, i had to format my computer. ;-;

In-game name as: Whinp

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2014, 05:44:11 pm »
One day, i turned on the computer and my antivirus says it detected the virus. I was like, "What the hell?" because i didnt download anything the last time i went on the computer.

Sometimes the viruses hid in your computer for a while until you do something to provoke it, sometime they hide until they've finished stealing your information.. It could be a year until you find out you had it ;~;
What you had was most likely a trojan, everyone gets them occasionally.

Offline Whinp

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 50
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2014, 06:09:08 pm »

Sometimes the viruses hid in your computer for a while until you do something to provoke it, sometime they hide until they've finished stealing your information.. It could be a year until you find out you had it ;~;
What you had was most likely a trojan, everyone gets them occasionally.

Hm... I don't remember getting any information stolen. 'cause everything was fine after I discovered the threat.

And actually I think it was adware. Something with guard in the virus' name. Oh I remembered. It was BitGuard.

Uhh and well, the last time I downloaded was TeamViewer, only that. It was from the official site. :\

« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 06:10:42 pm by Kijiako »

In-game name as: Whinp

Offline Raphilion

• HOLD MY MOM
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • WARNING: I'm a bad friend
    • View Profile
    • DA profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2014, 12:10:15 am »
Eish.. I remember when I had dial-up internet when I was much younger and I kept falling for these bloody adverts floating around the internet *Facepalm*
But as they say; "The road to success is paved with failure" I learned my lesson and no longer get viruses that destroy my laptop.My Antivirus gets rid of all threats and the occasional virus from these annoying pop-up ads. I somehow didn't have AdBlock Plus installed and didn't even notice. That add-on works great.

My Canyon Map
Avatar by the Awesome Ruji / Michala