Author Topic: Skye Needs Help, Please!  (Read 2036 times)

Offline ArctosAnima

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Skye Needs Help, Please!
« on: June 21, 2014, 10:06:33 pm »
Hey, all. Skye here.

So, I've decided, after seeing wayyyy too many marshmallows, and being curious, I decided to download some packs.
Of course, I got the typical Mass Markings Aug22, and Pawesome Item Pack V5 - both from the MediaFire download links given in some forums.

Well, I did everything properly. MM works as it should, the lists are there, and the markings show up (they didn't show the first time, just the lists, but that was a small mistake on my part. I fixed it quickly).

However, Pawesome Pack..I'm unsure. I did exactly as forums/tutorials said to do, which is basically the same process as MM, but with the Items instead.
When I go into Edit/Create, the huge list of items appears on Panel 4, like they should. I figured I'd test the items with my simple white wolf avatar, Skye.
Now, being the butt I am, I wanted to start from the top, and see what each item looks like, going down the list one at a time.
The list started with HEAD on the top, and "Ace Hat" as the first item. I clicked on it, and hit Add..my game froze, then went white and I got the error about "FeralHeart.exe has stopped working. Windows is trying to find a solution"-yadda-yadda. Then, of course, it'd prompt me to Close Program (I consider this as the game crashing).

The very first time I played the game I got a Bad Token. Second time, it crashed. Last night, it crashed a couple times TOTALLY randomly.
Well, I re-opened the game, signed in, clicked onto Skye and Edit, then went to try the same item a second time..crashed IMMEDIATELY.

Is there something I can do? I feel like, if I try more, it'll just keep crashing if I try an item. It doesn't even add the item. As soon as I click on the Add button, the button darkens like it should when clicked, then freezes and I get the crash error.
I highly doubt it's the Pack itself, and my computer runs this game perfectly fine, to my surprise (this laptop has a history of being bad with games).
So..what could it be? Should I keep trying to try on the items? Should I just play the game as usual and forget the items?

I already uninstalled and reinstalled the game a second time, for another problem, that I'd actually like to ask about as well:
I know what certain maps look like. For me, however, South Pole's snow is YELLOW instead of the normal white-gray-blue. Also, Ficho Tunnel's floor and walls are the same icky dull yellow color. Its ceiling however, is the normal brown-gray color it should be.
I was suggested to redownload the game just in case there was an error, but it obviously changed nothing.
Is it just a texture failure on my computer, or what?

I would GREATLY appreciate help on these two issues, everyone! Thanks so much! I'll be having dinner soon (it's 6:05pm, Eastern Time as I type this sentence), so I teeeechnically don't need an answer RIGHT AWAY, though soon is appreciated!

~Skye~
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 11:04:31 pm by Skye »

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
Re: Skye Needs Help With a Couple Things, Please!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2014, 11:04:17 pm »
Greeting, Skye.

Reading through your list of issues, it sounds like something is causing you to miss certain textures.
As well as possible important files.
It may have been a wrong placement of the files, which causes things to collide with each other.

May I know where exactly you placed the item image files?
As in, all the files besides the items.cfg

Basically, they're supposed to be put in this folder below.
I do hope you haven't placed in the 'Textures'. ^^

Excuse my Swedish pc. x'D
RETIRED.

Offline ArctosAnima

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
Re: Skye Needs Help With a Couple Things, Please!
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014, 11:11:04 pm »
Greeting, Skye.

Reading through your list of issues, it sounds like something is causing you to miss certain textures.
As well as possible important files.
It may have been a wrong placement of the files, which causes things to collide with each other.

May I know where exactly you placed the item image files?
As in, all the files besides the items.cfg

Basically, they're supposed to be put in this folder below.
I do hope you haven't placed in the 'Textures'. ^^

Excuse my Swedish pc. x'D

For Mass Markings, I put the markings.cfg in the MAIN FeralHeart folder, and the rest of the files into Media>Textures, as I was told to do by tutorials.
MM works fine. A FEW markings here and there don't show up, but they weren't ones that seemed important or like I'd use them, so I don't care. Everything else was fine.

As for Pawsome Item Pack, I placed the items.cfg in the MAIN FeralHeart folder, like I was supposed to, and I put the rest of the files into Media>Items.
The items DO show up in the list on Panel 4 of the Create/Edit screen, like they're supposed to.
The only issue is that, if I go to "Add" an item, the game freezes upon clicking Add, and crashes.

That's all I got :/

Thank you for responding and helping!

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
Re: Skye Needs Help, Please!
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 11:19:08 pm »
Did you replace all the files when it asked you to?

Are you using Windows 7? 8? MAC?
RETIRED.

Offline ArctosAnima

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2014, 11:24:01 pm »

I am on a Toshiba netbook laptop, running Windows 7 Starter.
When it prompted me to "Move and Replace" I clicked Yes, because that's what the tutorials said to do.

Also, I double-checked the Items folder: your screenshot says your folder has 933 files, whereas mine has 977.
I have Pawesome Pack V5 if that helps

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2014, 11:39:25 pm »

I am on a Toshiba netbook laptop, running Windows 7 Starter.
When it prompted me to "Move and Replace" I clicked Yes, because that's what the tutorials said to do.

Also, I double-checked the Items folder: your screenshot says your folder has 933 files, whereas mine has 977.
I have Pawesome Pack V5 if that helps
Hm, yea I have never worked with a netbook laptop..

Aye, I have V4. Which would be why. ^^

Sorry I can't be to much help in this issue.
RETIRED.

Offline ArctosAnima

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2014, 11:43:36 pm »
Crap...well, thank you VERY much for trying!!! You're the only one to reply in the hour since I posted this, so thank you very much. I really appreciate it!

I know that one of the peeps on my Friends list has V5, and they haven't had issues with it >.<

Still, thank you!

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2014, 11:46:46 pm »
Quote.
Crap...well, thank you VERY much for trying!!! You're the only one to reply in the hour since I posted this, so thank you very much. I really appreciate it!

I know that one of the peeps on my Friends list has V5, and they haven't had issues with it >.<

Still, thank you!
I believe your best luck would be if you found someone with a netbook.
I'm unsure whether it could possibly be that which causes the issue.
Perhaps uninstall the game, delete the FeralHeart folder before installing it again.
Though, don't add the items until someone knows what the issue may be replies?

A lot of people are busy in the Summer party map, that's possibly why nobody's replied yet. ^^
RETIRED.

Offline ArctosAnima

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2014, 11:54:59 pm »
Quote.

Still, thank you!
I believe your best luck would be if you found someone with a netbook.
I'm unsure whether it could possibly be that which causes the issue.

Perhaps uninstall the game, delete the FeralHeart folder before installing it again.
Though, don't add the items until someone knows what the issue may be replies?

A lot of people are busy in the Summer party map, that's possibly why nobody's replied yet. ^^
A netbook is simply a smaller version of a regular laptop, which is a notebook. No huge differences in OS or system or anything, so I doubt that.

However, could you tell me about the Maps, actually? I noticed about the Party Map, and MANY others I've never heard of; when I scroll over the side of the website, I get a grid showing how many people are in which maps. Many maps are ones I haven't seen, nor do I think I can find them.
Do I have to download a Map Pack or something?

Also, would you know about the map/texture issue I mentioned at the end of my post, about SP and Ficho being yellow?

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2014, 12:12:04 am »
A lot of maps you haven't seen even though they are listed on there, are private or public ones which can be found across the FeralHeart Forum or Deviantart.
Some can be Roleplay maps, whilst others are just derpy ones, such as the FH seasonal event ones.

The original maps are:
Bonfire Island
Last Cave
Lonely Cave
Ascension Island
Sky's Rim
Ficho Tunnel
Cape Of Distant Worlds
South Pole
Atlantis
Temple Of Dreams
---

Once you've found the maps and downloaded them, you can find the map portals within Cape of Distant worlds.

I wouldn't know much about the missing textures.
Other than me wondering if you deleted the whole FH folder when re-installing?
Did it ever work the first time you played the game?
RETIRED.