Author Topic: Multi Map?  (Read 886 times)

Offline cookiesincrem

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Multi Map?
« on: June 22, 2014, 11:42:56 pm »
Hi everyone. I've always made single maps, but how would I make a multi-map with a bunch of portals? I'd like to have at least 4 maps in one, but how to I make it so that when it's downloaded by others, that only one portal shows up in Cape?
Please help quickly! I need to know by the 26th. Thanks ^^
Smile... it will either warm their heart or piss them off... either way you win!!

AlphaEclipse

Re: Multi Map?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 11:54:16 pm »
This should help.
I've seen plenty of people ask me and other map makers about this topic, so here, I'll tell you what'cha need to do :U

Step 1) Open up one of the two or more maps in FH map maker.
Step 2) Go to where you want a person to appear and write down the coordinates.
Step 3) Open the map that you wish to link to, and then go to the object tab, you should see this.. (Don't mind my purpleness >V)(Where stuff is black, it means stuff is going to be blank :P)

Step 4) Write the name of the map your linking it to here

Step 5) Put in the coordinates you gathered earlier, in my case, it looks like this.

Step 6) Press "New Gate" to make either a portal appear, or check the Black Material box to make a cave entrance like the one at Ficho.
Step 7) Place the portal.  It acts like an object.  In the controls area, you can use the Y-scale on the object to make it larger or smaller.  You can also use Pitch, Yaw, and Roll.
Step 8] After you place it, write down the coordinates from THIS map on where you want them to appear when entering, and save.
Step 9) Go to the other map, and repeat the procees.  Remember to put the portal/cave entrance near where you put where your character appears at!

I know many people were wondering about this, so I helped!~ :D   Hope this helps.  If you have any questions, ask here or PM me about it.

EDIT:~

When entering a name for the map your linking it to, you MUST link its Map Name, and NOT its Map Display Name.  You must match it perfectly,  because its case sensitive!
If you need help positioning the actual portals: (not needed lol)
For those with this problem.....

And that dont know how to fix it, well you came to the right place. I'll be telling you how to make your portal reachable.

Ok firstly open Map Maker and load your map. I'm sure you want a particular spot for your portal, so go there. Go where you want your portal to be. Now place an object, any object maybe a rock like me. Place that rock where you want your portal to be.
Go to the "Controls" tab now and look at the X,Y,Z coordinates for the rock, make sure you have the rock selected.
Remember those coordinates in the red circle blob thing.

Those coordinates need to be typed in here. The rocks X coordinate needs to be typed into the X box. The Y coordinate needs to be in the Y box. The Z coordinate needs to go in the Z box.
Just something you should know but the coordinates will not always fit. So just type in as much as can fit into the box. Its ok if you're missing one number.
This box needs to be checked. It's important, very important. If the box isn't checked there is no portal.
When you have typed in the coordinates click the button "Test" and see if the portals where you want it. The portal will never be exactly where you want it but very near. So its always good to test it. If it needs to come forwards move the rock forwards and type the new coordinates in. If its too far left move the rock into the right and copy the new coordinates.

Now what if the portals faced at the wrong angle? What if its facing upwards too much and not straight ahead. Well face your camera in the direction or angle where you want your portal to be facing. Well what we are doing is changing the Yaw.
See that long box at the bottom of your screen? See that "Yaw:"? Well still facing at the angle/direction with our camera, without moving we need to copy that coordinate.
We will type that coordinate in this box underneath the X,Y,Z coordinates.

Anyway let's click the "Test" button. Is your portal facing the right angle and is in the spot you wanted? It is?! Well congratulations because your portal is now reachable.

If you have any questions or comments feel free to post them up.

Thanks for reading.