Author Topic: Mac Assistance  (Read 1103 times)

Offline Airavail

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Mac Assistance
« on: July 05, 2014, 02:46:09 am »
I finally have my own computer and can return to FH at last. However, it's a Mac and I'm still not familiar with even all of the basic controls yet, so I have a couple of inquiries.

Screenshots
I am using a keyboard made for a PC, so I'm not sure anything happens when I take a screenshot. I can't find any on my drive. Is this likely the case? Or if I am merely overlooking them, is there a factory program on the Mac that I can open them up and edit them with?

Crashing
As soon as I installed the game I began adding back all of the old Mods I used, but ever fifteen minutes or so the game crashes and I have to restart. I don't have any issues with lag or loading, so I don't think I'm overloading it, but I'm clueless otherwise. Is it just a kink that happens with Macs? Is there a solution to this? I have read a crash thread already and tried changing the rendering from Open to Direct, but it automatically switches back, so that won't help me.

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
Re: Mac Assistance
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 03:04:28 am »
Ar, Macs are difficult ay?

1.) I do believe there is a Mac way to take a screenshot, did it come with a keyboard? Or........ I think the PC one should work, make sure you are pressing Prt Sc to take a screenie.

2.) I think your new computer is having issues handling the mods your adding back into the game. Try removing some, you can fjnd default files here by Bawfle. Or, try changing your rendering system or turning down rendering distance ^^

Hope these help ya!

~ Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Offline Airavail

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 04:59:49 am »
Right after I posted this my game stopped running completely. I reinstalled it and only put a marking pack in and left the rest of the mods out. It still kept crashing, and once it does it simply will not reopen.
I've again reinstalled and left all mods out completely, and I'll see how that goes. It's been running through Wine, so is it possible finding another program for it to go through could help? I honestly know nothing about any of it, I just don't want to give up on playing.

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 06:36:16 am »
Right after I posted this my game stopped running completely. I reinstalled it and only put a marking pack in and left the rest of the mods out. It still kept crashing, and once it does it simply will not reopen.
I've again reinstalled and left all mods out completely, and I'll see how that goes. It's been running through Wine, so is it possible finding another program for it to go through could help? I honestly know nothing about any of it, I just don't want to give up on playing.

I'll need to check for one if there is any, but, my friend S-H-A-Y is great with MAC problems, and she cane be PMed by clicking this link. I will also rummage around my shelf for my MAC manual and check for things there, until then, hope S-H-A-Y can help ya ^^

~ Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Offline xXQueenXx

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • Sippin tea
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2014, 08:15:04 am »
I also just wanted to add that you might've put the items you downloaded in the wrong files. 
When the game won't reopen, for me, I usually just have to re-start my laptop.
If it still doesn't work, I'd recommend re-downloading Feral Heart again but leave out any mods, items, markings etc.

Offline Airavail

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2014, 03:39:00 am »
So I did leave out the mods when I reinstalled and that game hasn't crashed since. Is there any way to get passed this? A marking back would be really useful, you see.