Author Topic: Map issues [I have looked at Crin and Delay's threads]  (Read 1447 times)

Offline Minxy

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • The ones that love us, never /really/ leave us.~
    • View Profile
Map issues [I have looked at Crin and Delay's threads]
« on: July 15, 2014, 08:01:26 pm »
;_; So I made a map[I have a few times, and yet this has never happened to me], and I exported it last night - though it crashed me after. So I looked up what to do - and Crin's thread told me I should delete the duplicates, if there are any. So I did, and FH was working just fine. Though, today I had to edit something in the map, so I did and exported it again. Once more, it crashed, so I deleted the duplicates again. However this didn't work this time around, so I tried the next option - re-installing FH. Though I backed up my needed files. Before I put anything back on it - it worked. Though when I put in the back-up files, it crashed again. It won't load at all - and I'm really not sure what to do. If anyone could help, it would be highly appreciated! Thank you. ;;

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
Re: Map issues [I have looked at Crin and Delay's threads]
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 03:08:34 am »
Did you delete the folder before redownloading? Also, when you edit something in your map, no need to export it again, just click 'Save' and the changes will be saved to the existing files. Try looking at some tutorials in the 'Mapping Tutorials' board, something there may hold the solution to your issue.

~ Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Offline StarrieNova

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
Re: Map issues [I have looked at Crin and Delay's threads]
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 06:37:43 am »
Did you delete the folder before redownloading? Also, when you edit something in your map, no need to export it again, just click 'Save' and the changes will be saved to the existing files. Try looking at some tutorials in the 'Mapping Tutorials' board, something there may hold the solution to your issue.

~ Whisper

Yea I agree with Whispering on that, and also I have had issues where a map would crash while exporting. When I exported big maps I dreaded the fact that my Feral Heart would crash. So I learned that while I export maps I just move my hands form my computer, and get up to go do something else.  It seemed to help out a lot, and my Feral Heart hasn't crashed since I started doing that.(Knock on wood I don't jinx myself.) So if you want when you get your Feral Heart running again you can try, and see if my method works for you. Export the map when you are 100% done with the map though. Just keep saving the map if you make new progress.[/blue]

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble

Offline Minxy

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • The ones that love us, never /really/ leave us.~
    • View Profile
Re: Map issues [I have looked at Crin and Delay's threads] RESOLVED
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 06:21:33 pm »

~ Whisper

I went into the folder again, and it seems I missed a duplicated fire file, so thank you for reminding me of the folder!! uwu - Ooh, I didn't know that. That'll help SO much with making my maps from now on. Exporting big maps over and over can get tedious, so thank you very much! (:

~ Whisper

Yea I agree with Whispering on that, and also I have had issues where a map would crash while exporting. When I exported big maps I dreaded the fact that my Feral Heart would crash. So I learned that while I export maps I just move my hands form my computer, and get up to go do something else.  It seemed to help out a lot, and my Feral Heart hasn't crashed since I started doing that.(Knock on wood I don't jinx myself.) So if you want when you get your Feral Heart running again you can try, and see if my method works for you. Export the map when you are 100% done with the map though. Just keep saving the map if you make new progress.[/blue]

I'll have to try that, because it does seems like I jinx myself looking at the screen whilst it exports - and it's so nerve wracking! I'll definitely do this next time. - Yeah, I'll have to do that xD Though I tend to export it, and be happy with it, and then realise I completely missed something. [I jinx myself repetitively with that xD] Thank you!!