Author Topic: Some Advice?  (Read 2119 times)

Offline Chunky_Squirrel

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 125
  • Forever Flaming
    • View Profile
Some Advice?
« on: July 25, 2014, 11:48:05 am »
Hello there! ^.^

I wanted to ask you guys some advice, if I may, of course. :3

Anyways, for the past 6 days, I've been having nightmares non-stop......
I have tried everything! I am starting to fear the night......
Every nightmare is getting from bad to worst.......
Also, I fear that someone is watching me when I sleep.... or at least try to sleep.... And that thing/creature/Idk, is touching me......... Or at least someone is... even know nobody is....

Let me explain more about my nightmares... or at least what I had.....

1st Day.

I was just about to sleep, when I opened my eyes and saw some shadow over the window.... When I turned I saw some thing.... watching... I turned to the wall and my heart was beating, like crazy! I was so freakin' afraid... >.<
After some 5 minutes, I turned around to the window side to see if that thing left... And I saw 2 more with that thing... I turned to the wall again, my heart beating like crazy!
After more 5 minutes, I turned once more, but nobody was there anymore.... I said to myself: "Probably just my imagination...".
I felt like someone was touching me... Even know nobody was.... My cat sleeped by, my mom sleeped at the other room. My dad, sister and brother were at another country. I only have one pet, my pet cat.
I closed my eyes and fell asleep.....
But, the worst part was, that I was in that dream part, where my home was....
It was night time..... I had a lighter in my hand and was going to go where my grandmother was, and I pointed that lighter at her house, but it was like, someone was trying to get into my head.... I felt in the dream, like someone was standing in the shadow of the house.... But I turned my lighter away and woke up.
I didn't really paid attention to that dream, though.

2nd Day.

I was just about to sleep, when I opened my eyes to check if anyone was watching me.... I was right... someone was.... But it like dissapiered as a smoke into a thin air.
I turned away once more, fightened of what I saw.
Again, I felt someone, like was touching me.
I closed my eyes and fell asleep.
I woke up to see a man's cheek, that was ripping apart and all his muscles and blood coming down from his cheek to the ground.
I was so disgust of that.... Normally, I don't remember anything from my dreams, often, but rarely I do.... But not like these 2 dreams. I woke up again.

3rd Day.

I was just about to fall asleep, when I turned to see if anyone was watching, as always.... Something again was standing there, but dissapiered.
I turned away, my heart beating like crazy!
I felt once more someone touching me.
I fell asleep.... I woke up to some sord a jungle with some people, into a group of people I mean.
They showed me some writtings, I don't remember what it said...
I choose one and I transported into another dimention/galaxy/etc. with robots and stuff. They were shooting at me, but I didn't fell a thing, at least I though so.
I tried to wake up, but I couldn't.
I returned to the group of people again and choose another writting.
I transported into another galaxy/dimention/etc. But then I felt the robots shooting at me.... Then a man showed up and started beating me up, as if I was some sord of a thing... but not a human.
I woke up again.

4th Day.

I was just about to sleep, when I opened my eyes, to turn and see an alien like some sord of thing standing near the TV. I turned again, my heart was beating like Crazy! But I calmed her, by saying that it is just an imagination.
I felt like someone was touching my feet.... Even know nobody was......
Then I fell asleep. - I woke up to some sord of demention/galaxy/etc. But then woke up instantly.

5th Day.

I felt like someone was near me, even know nobody was, my cat slept beside me, my mom was in another room and my dad, sister, brother were in another country.
So, I've fell asleep and dreamed of how my mom, my sis, my grandma and my cat die.
I woke up, once more, not easaly.

6th Day.

I was just about to fall asleep, when I just opened my eyes and everything around me was black.
Yes, I know that at night everything is black, but it was just around me, black. Near the window it was lighter.
Anyways, I dreamed of a boy, that I then was stranded on an island, alone with him.
I dreamed of how a woman is giving birth to a girl. I like felt that pain.
In another dream, I dreamed as if I saw a dolphin lady thing, that was kind of evil and stuff and wanted to eat that woman with that man and that kid.
Explaininmg is one for a dream, but being the victim of that dream, is another.
Then I woke up.

So, can anyone help me get rid of these nightmares?
Every night I fear to turn and see someone standing, - And Even now, I am afraid to fall asleep, - It's like I fear of not waking up to see the daylight....

Please, someone help me...  :-\

Thank you for anyone who supports and or helps me. ;)

Update: I stopted having nightmares! ^.^
Thanks to my friend from another website. :3
I told you about it that I can't tell you what it is called. But you can PM me and I can tell chu some more about it! ^.^
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 08:57:54 am by TinyTail »

Profile picture by me! ^.^
IM BACK!!!

Offline Vask

• #2FAB4U
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • Chaotic Neutral
    • View Profile
Re: Some Advice?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 04:57:27 pm »
Awwws. I'm so sorry you're experiencing such difficult nightmares. I'm sure all of us know the feeling of a nightmare and adrenaline. Nightmares can be awful at times.

Alright so nightmares is only subconscious junk that your mind is getting rid of. Random things that sometimes appear horrifying. Nightmares. I know it might not be what you want to hear, but time will fix it. In time I guarantee you these dreams will go away and you'll love to sleep once again. During the night, MANY things can cause shadows we interpret to be scary-looking. These shadows may have been a figment of your imagination. You may have seen a shadow of something in your room, and your imagination saw it as something threatening.
There really is no way to stop the dreams. UNLESS you want to go to science. It's been proven that you are less likely to have bad dreams by not eating before bed. When you sleep your body is working harder to digest the food, which means more brain activity- which can cause spastic dreaming. Especially negative dreams. So...don't eat ABOUT two hours before bed.

Anyway, I really do hope you feel better. I, and many others, are surely here for you. Good luck!

Offline Chunky_Squirrel

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Forever Flaming
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 05:45:58 pm »
Thanks Vask! ^.^
I know that stuff, that I should not eat before bed. But I don't.
Also, before I had nightmares, I started feeling as if someone was struggling me, even know nobody was.
No, I am not in stress and no, nothing was bothering me then. So... I think you don't know anything about that, due you? Haha. :D

Anyways, thanks again, Vask! ^.^
Also, once again, congratulations on recieving the Member of The Season name! ^.^

IM BACK!!!

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014, 05:51:34 pm »
No guarantee that this will work; But, have you tried thinking of happy things/things you love before you go to sleep. I do that a lot, and I actually watch random/funny/happy YouTube videos before I go to bed xD Haven't really had any nightmares recently though, so it's hard for me to say.

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline Chunky_Squirrel

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Forever Flaming
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2014, 05:57:14 pm »
Yes, infact I do that everytime I go to sleep, but no results, though. :/
But thanks for you're help, though! ^.^

IM BACK!!!

Offline Shally

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 220
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2014, 06:41:26 pm »
I'm sorry to hear you're expericing such nightmares.

It's not unusual that when you start having a nightmare, you trigger yourself to keep in having nightmares through stress and anxiety for the night. It's of course easy to say, but the best thing is to try and tell yourself that however bad the nightmare becomes it still is only a nightmare and it can't hurt you. Drink some warm milk with cinnamon to help you relax before going to bed, keep a light on if you think the darkness makes your nightmares worse.
As I said it's not as easy as it sounds to be able to control your fears, but it's always good atleast try.

We use such a small part of our brain, that no one can explain how or why we experience nightmares, or why some see things that aren't there. But if your brain is half asleep when you wake up from the nightmare it's not impossible it's playing a trick on you making you see things that aren't there.

I hope you can find some comfort in this, and that you soon can get back to sleep with only happy dreams.

Cheers// Shallow

Offline Lucid Nightmare

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • i hate everything about this account
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2014, 06:51:22 pm »
I may be wrong, but since you mentioned seeing things when you're about to fall asleep makes me think that not only are you experiencing some bad nightmares, but perhaps sleep paralysis as well?
It's basically when you feel like you are awake, but can't move. And, like you described, you can see shadows moving around or standing above you.
I might have to look more into it, because you did say that you were able to "move to the wall" and such, but that's just my two cents for now. Feel free to google sleep paralysis, as it may be of some help.

Offline Chunky_Squirrel

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Forever Flaming
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2014, 07:10:49 pm »
I'm sorry to hear you're expericing such nightmares.

It's not unusual that when you start having a nightmare, you trigger yourself to keep in having nightmares through stress and anxiety for the night. It's of course easy to say, but the best thing is to try and tell yourself that however bad the nightmare becomes it still is only a nightmare and it can't hurt you. Drink some warm milk with cinnamon to help you relax before going to bed, keep a light on if you think the darkness makes your nightmares worse.
As I said it's not as easy as it sounds to be able to control your fears, but it's always good atleast try.

We use such a small part of our brain, that no one can explain how or why we experience nightmares, or why some see things that aren't there. But if your brain is half asleep when you wake up from the nightmare it's not impossible it's playing a trick on you making you see things that aren't there.

I hope you can find some comfort in this, and that you soon can get back to sleep with only happy dreams.

Cheers// Shallow

Hmmm, that might actually work, I'll try that! ^.^ Thanks Shallow, for you're time and you're help! ^.^

I may be wrong, but since you mentioned seeing things when you're about to fall asleep makes me think that not only are you experiencing some bad nightmares, but perhaps sleep paralysis as well?
It's basically when you feel like you are awake, but can't move. And, like you described, you can see shadows moving around or standing above you.
I might have to look more into it, because you did say that you were able to "move to the wall" and such, but that's just my two cents for now. Feel free to google sleep paralysis, as it may be of some help.

I did that reaserch, and actually, that kind of happened a few times in my childhood. Liike 2-3 years ago?
Anyways, thanks, Lucid Nightmare! ^.^

IM BACK!!!

Offline Lucid Nightmare

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • i hate everything about this account
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2014, 07:25:11 pm »
I tried. They're just ordinary nightmares then?
Nonetheless, good luck with them. Dealing with nightmares is hard sometimes. Just think positive.

Offline Chunky_Squirrel

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Forever Flaming
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2014, 07:30:42 pm »
Hmmm, I see. Well, thanks for trying, my friend! ^.^

IM BACK!!!