Author Topic: Less random Registration times?  (Read 2684 times)

Offline Jessie Dagger

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
  • There is magic. But we call it Imagination~
    • View Profile
Less random Registration times?
« on: July 30, 2014, 03:12:29 am »
Well, if anyone is like me and wasn't able to get a side account before the great big cut off point, well.. It is very hard to get a side account now. Now I know that the registration is limited for a reason but, I'd like a side account so that I can RP in the same place with two different characters at the same time. But I cannot do this as I have yet to actually ever catch an "Open registration."

Am I the only one with this problem? I really would like the times to at least be less random, certain times on certain days or something like that. With how it is now, I am not sure if the registration ever opens. People say it does, but.. I have yet to believe that.

Less random times anyone?

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
Re: Less random Registration times?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 03:34:23 am »
Take heart, friend, you most certainly can find registration open if you're persistent. Hundreds of users are finding it open and making new accounts each month, so it's not a matter of no one finding it.
Try checking in several times a day (not just once a day, once a week, etc.) until you find it open.

As for setting a specific time for it to open, I'm afraid this one has been suggested before, but it has been declined several times. The main reason is the fact that setting a specific time for registration to open up defeats the purpose of having it open/closed to begin with--put simply, everyone would find out, and then everybody would come in on that day to make an account (or dozens of them, depending on who it is--people do this, for some reason).

Either way, thank you for your input and suggestion. This one will remain unchanged, but persistence will pay off if you keep your eyes peeled, and check out the website whenever possible.
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline Jessie Dagger

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
  • There is magic. But we call it Imagination~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 03:37:18 am »
I just hope I can be that persistent, It gets quite headache inducing when you check over 20x to no avail. I guess I will continue to try though, thank you for telling me that this was already suggested.

Sandfury

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 03:57:25 am »
My suggestion is check about 30 minutes to an hour or two. You'll find that it'll be open sooner or later, or maybe a few days later.

Offline Raphilion

• HOLD MY MOM
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • WARNING: I'm a bad friend
    • View Profile
    • DA profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 08:40:29 am »
The answer to this, as already suggested by WhiteLightHeart, is a bit obvious.
It would defeat the whole purpose of the random reg. times. It is to avoid too many side accounts that would end up inactive.

But persistence does help. Check in at all times of day/night. Try not to be too obsessive about it cause it will come eventually as it did to me last time without even trying :)

I don't know if this has already been taken into consideration or not, but if it hasn't then I do have one very small suggestion to add: Although I'm not saying make registration times less random, but at least make it different times of day each time. The last time I did find it open was at a time I would normally be fast asleep. It was my lucky night I guess that I decided to stay up extremely late that night. But by alternating between times of day, it gives new users from every part of the world to be able to sign up without losing precious sleep, when they do find registration open of course. XD

My Canyon Map
Avatar by the Awesome Ruji / Michala

Offline wolf48877

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
  • I Put The Succ In Succubus
    • View Profile
    • http://tinypic.com/
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2014, 12:03:18 am »
Hmmm..i see your point but ppl would soon learn the registration dates and more and more ppl would join each day, making servers lag alot and probably over loading the game, but I can understand why it should be open a bit more.. Best Wishes~Raven

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2014, 12:03:15 pm »
At the moment the registration will work as it does, and it's hard to see any changes being made for the time being or in a close future. White's post above should explain most of it. Thanks for the input never the less.
Former community manager of FeralHeart