Author Topic: Should I Just Give Up?  (Read 1350 times)

Offline rustheart

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • Elbows are just arm knees.
    • RustyMcRustFace
    • View Profile
Should I Just Give Up?
« on: August 13, 2014, 11:25:33 pm »
I have a friend that I had a fight with about not going to his roleplay.  That part is a long story.  But now I am been dropping everything and coming when he asks to make him happy.  The thing is every time calls me to roleplay we never roleplay.  We just sit around and I am like 'Ummmm???'.  He says we are waiting for people but they never come.  I don't like the roleplay and my friend isn't the greatest.  Should I just leave?
"I'm a kitchen sink, you don't know what that means. Because a kitchen sink to you, is not a kitchen sink to me, okay?"
Snow Shoe
Drawn by Aviru

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
Re: Should I Just Give Up?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 12:16:11 am »
The best thing you can do is explain to your friend whats going on :) I'm sure they'll understand dear <3 I had this happen once, and that is exactly what I did ^^ Hope it works for ya <3~

~ Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Offline rustheart

• Community Champion
    • RustyMcRustFace
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 12:30:34 am »
They don't understand, that's the problem.  I tried to explain and that's how the hole fight came up.
I have left the group and he unfriended me and refused to talk to me at all.  Now I feel awful, like I did something terribly wrong.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 12:39:26 am by Rustys »
"I'm a kitchen sink, you don't know what that means. Because a kitchen sink to you, is not a kitchen sink to me, okay?"
Snow Shoe
Drawn by Aviru

Offline .Dionysus.

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 12:51:15 am »
I don't think you did anything wrong. You tried talking to him and if he was a good friend (not that he isn't) he would have understood. You tried to make it work and it didn't, he should understand that you honestly did try. I hope everything goes well. :)

Offline -SolarEclipse-

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 01:10:57 am »
I'm sorry this happened :( but, I agree with Dionysus. You tried to make up to him, and he didn't listen and just fought more. You're not going to get your point across if he carries on like that, so I'd just give up if I were you. You know, I had a problem like this once, but after a while my friend simmered down and made up by herself. Could this possibly happen between you? If not, that's okay, and there's no need to worry about it. Sometimes in life, these sort of situations happen, and there's nothing you can do about it.

~ SolarEclipse

wolfdog01

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 04:25:28 am »
Number one your friend needs to learn that this is a GAME. Not real life. If he cannot take the fact that you don't like the RP or that it seems you guys do nothing when he calls you over, then he is obviously a drama llama lol. Just tell him you guys should see different ways and maybe one day you two will meet up again and be friends again. That's really all of the advice I can give atm, I do hope your friendship heals up though.

Offline rustheart

• Community Champion
    • RustyMcRustFace
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2014, 11:18:26 pm »
He accepted my friend request I didn't remember sending because he is on my list.  Should I try speaking to him again?
Snow Shoe
Drawn by Aviru

wolfdog01

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2014, 11:44:42 pm »
You can try to, but come to him in a gentle way and tell him that you would rather role-play with someone who does actually rp. Say that you don't really want to sit and talk if you were called to rp.
OR
DON'T speak with him and just see what happens. Let him come to you and if he doesn't then just do nothing. He seems like he is a hot-head or something. See if he sorts it out on his own and gets back with you on it.