Author Topic: Help me!  (Read 1135 times)

Offline Boomi

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
    • ~My Blog~
Help me!
« on: August 14, 2014, 12:38:05 pm »
So well, I realized that there is ''Local'' and ''General'' chat on FH, but what is the difference between them?
~A Chicken With Big Toes~

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
Re: Help me!
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 12:58:34 pm »
Well, the difference is that local chat is that it uses white clear writing and only accepts conversations from a certain distance. However, Global chat WAS green and used to advertise throughout the whole map so that everyone could see it. Unfortunately Global chat was removed (except from the name in the options of course) because people used it for chat and things got out of hand with spamming etc.. if you would like to find out more about that, it is located here.

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Boomi

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
    • ~My Blog~
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 01:02:37 pm »
Well, the difference is that local chat is that it uses white clear writing and only accepts conversations from a certain distance. However, Global chat WAS green and used to advertise throughout the whole map so that everyone could see it. Unfortunately Global chat was removed (except from the name in the options of course) because people used it for chat and things got out of hand with spamming etc.. if you would like to find out more about that, it is located here.
Thanks for the information, but why do they say it was removed?
Because it isn't removed...
Edit: Oh, now I understand, so people now still have it so you can have two chats in different colors?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 01:04:28 pm by Boomibom »

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 01:13:17 pm »
Nurr, I believe it's because they can't edit the game in anyway without the source code that KovuLKD has. Global chat and Local chat are just set as the same chats now, not much of a difference. The only difference are the names of the chats really.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 01:17:35 pm by Bawfle »

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Boomi

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
    • ~My Blog~
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 01:28:41 pm »
Nurr, I believe it's because they can't edit the game in anyway without the source code that KovuLKD has. Global chat and Local chat are just set as the same chats now, not much of a difference. The only difference are the names of the chats really.
So they are the same chat?
Or are they two different chats?
Just wondering ^^

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 01:38:02 pm »
They are two different chats, if you were here before it was removed general chat covered an entire map while local was only nearby, so yes, they are different chats. ^^

Offline Shazadah

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • Call me NaruWolf
    • http://shay-wolf.deviantart.com
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/Mid
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2014, 11:15:58 am »
Just thought I'd clarify: General chat is not completely useless, for it can be used in personal maps and only that. So say you or a friend made a map for a rp and you went to it, that would mean that you and the people in that map can use general chat which works like group and whisper however it cannot work from different maps, you all must be present in the same map for general to be visible to you. General is only deactivated when in a public map like Fluorite or Bonfire (Lagfire I call it), so if you were to try saying something in general it would appear as local.