Author Topic: Exported File, Help?  (Read 6489 times)

Offline Kovu-The-Lion

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Check out my Youtube! FloofehPaws Productions
    • View Profile
    • My Little Corner x3
Exported File, Help?
« on: August 16, 2014, 03:54:10 pm »
Alright so my friend is suppose to be retrieving files for the presets and she told me that for some reason it was not working and she could not see the presets...
What I've seen on her screen is that she has accidently OPENED the .fhp files in Internet explorer and now we cant seem to fix it, I've been searching the internet but its seems nobody else is having that problem?
Heres what I mean:

I hope for someone to please answer with something helpfull, x3 It would be nicer instead of 3-4 comments saying: I dont know.
Thank you for reading.

Find me in the Game as: Kovu The Lion
DA: SimbaKovu.deviantart.com
Youtube: Floofehpaws Productions

AlphaEclipse

Re: Exported File, Help?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 04:04:07 pm »
Ah, there's an easy fix. You just accidently told the computer to open that file with internet explorer. Here's one of the ways you can change what a file opens with: Source- http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/change-file-open-program#1TC=windows-7

Open the folder that contains the file you want to change.

Right-click the file you want to change and then, depending on the type of file, either click Open with or point to Open with and then click Choose default program.

Click the program you want to use to open the file.

Do one of the following:

If you want all files of that type to open in the same software program, select the Always use the selected program to open this kind of file check box, and then click OK.

If you want only that file to open in the software program this one time, clear the Always use the selected program to open this kind of file check box, and then click OK.
You can set that those fhp files open with Notepad, however it doesn't really matter because it will just be binary. You don't really have to open those, and how they open doesn't really affect the file itself. The reason the preset might not be woking is due to one of these:
Quote from: Bawfle
Solution one: Go to Local Disk (C:)\FeralHeart\Presets and search for the preset file you downloaded. If you see something like 'Username_#(1)' [Or 2, 3, 4..etc..] then just Right click the file, select 'Rename' and delete of the (1) [Or 2, 3, 4... you get the idea]. Then restart FH again!

Solution two: Go to Local Disk (C:)\FeralHeart\Presets and search for the preset file you downloaded. Ask your friend if they have any capitals in their name if you don't see any. Example: You see bigbangtheory but it's actually BigBangTheory. If that is the case then Rename the file to the correct user name and restart FH.

Solution 3: If you're seeing your friend's old preset instead of the new one, all you need to do is Replace the old one with the new one instead of having a duplicate.

Offline Kovu-The-Lion

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Check out my Youtube! FloofehPaws Productions
    • View Profile
    • My Little Corner x3
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 06:18:07 pm »
Thank you! I shall try those solutions right now!

Find me in the Game as: Kovu The Lion
DA: SimbaKovu.deviantart.com
Youtube: Floofehpaws Productions

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 06:19:56 pm »
Thank you! I shall try those solutions right now!
You're very welcome. I hope it works!