Author Topic: Why do we even have buttswing in actons?!  (Read 2711 times)

Offline Amberzerine

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Why do we even have buttswing in actons?!
« on: August 17, 2014, 10:46:17 pm »
I know this might not make sense, but I really don't like buttswing. All it brought was some stuff in the game that probably was why it even had so many trolls. I just wish we never had it, but even though staff are on once in a while, there is still so many problems with people buttswinging in other's face. I know that this may upset you guys, but my opinion is we just need buttswinging off of Feral Heart, in order to keep it a nice place for little kids.
AAAAAAAAAAAA hi

Offline Metronome

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • IF YOU SMEEEEEELLLLL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKING
    • View Profile
Re: Why do we even have buttswing in actons?!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 10:49:50 pm »
It's a not a huge deal. Just a fun little gag. Nothin' too risque.

"CLIMB THE LADDER KID, MAKE YOURSELF FAMOUS!"- Jim Ross

Video game, zombie, pro wrestling, and giant monster enthusiast. PM if you wish for Steam username.
In-game name: Geekboy27

Offline Amberzerine

• Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 10:55:42 pm »
Yes, but didn't you notice how many people have been using it to sometimes even hurt other people's feelings? Like for instance the butt-in-other's-faces has been a HUGE problem, And I think this is why. So maybe it is to be funny, but I wish it could only be a privalige to have that action, like if you use it wrong then a staff could delete the action? That should be a bit better. Well, not staff, but if only Red were back, he'd understand what I and maybe like a bit more than 100's of people that play this felt because the trolls would use buttswing in their faces, it's not a good idea...
AAAAAAAAAAAA hi

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2014, 11:26:43 pm »
The buttswing was intended for fun and play (just as the other actions were), however the dirty minds of a few people have kind of ruined it for a few, sadly. Even if the buttswing action was removed, the users who used to do it would simply use another action in its place, such as the headbang or the headswing, therefore making its removal pointless, and just so users can complain about the issue again, the only difference being another action. It's best to simply block users if they do that and if it's serious, simple take a screenshot and report the user to a staff member.

In a scenario that it was removed, would there be an action to take the place of it? It's very difficult to animate a mesh like that in the first place, and I'm not sure if the staff would have time to do something of the sort. They couldn't fully rid if that action slot I do not think, since that requires the source code which the game's creator did not hand over.

That's just a bit of my opinion here.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 11:28:38 pm by AlphaEclipse »

wolfdog01

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 11:53:53 pm »
Elora, Red never left O.o It was KovuLKD that did, he was the creator, Red is only an admin. (a very kewl one)
And I have to agree with the other two, I don't see it as a big deal. If I am laying somewhere and someone happens to buttswing in my face or over me. I simply ask what are they doing, if they don't respond I ignore it and they usually walk away within minutes. It's not a problem to me. And as Alpha said, if we took that away, people would complain about it being gone, the fact that nothing can replace it, AND that now the headbang is a misuse of actions. There really is no win in this situation, all we can really do is rant about it and shake our heads lol. ^^
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 12:06:20 am by ~Thyme~ »

Offline xdialgaoftimex

• Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Bonnie will reign supreme above them all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2014, 03:01:25 am »
I very much like the Buttswing action, I find it very funny. Just as the other's said, it would be pointless to remove it because other people would just use Headswing or Headbang, and also the fact that Kovu is gone and he didn't leave the source code would make it impossible to edit the game. Also if you just ignore the people who misuse it, and only use it for it's intended purpose (for fun) then thats one more floof who doesn't break the rules.
You can call me Silver or Moon.
In-Game: xdialgaoftimex

Offline StarrieNova

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2014, 03:23:04 am »
I must say even if we have the buttswinging emote or not you will still have issues with members. No matter where you go you will find someone being creative on the problems they wish to cause. If you get rid of just one thing it won't stop the issues. It will just most likely make the people think of something new to use on other members to irritate them further. I know everyone's main attempt on this game is to keep things appropriate, but I have to admit it is very difficult to do with the imagination some members have when it comes to inappropriate things. Getting rid of just a dance won't stop people. Like for instance all of the dance except headswinging is inappropriate. People could use it to do something bad, but if you have an issue with it that is when you take it up with the Mods/Admins.

I do see your concern though, and you wish to take that emote down though, but in all honestly I think if we did that it would just be completely pointless. If we wished to make this game completely appropriate for children then we should child proof it like adults used to do for their children's computers. Monitor what they are playing. Or just flat out put them on Wizard101(for example), and take away all chat abilities. In my opinion it is not our job to care for someone else's child safety when it comes to seeing provocative things when it is all around them in stores. It is the parents job. If the parent has an issue then they should look into the game. Research it first, and then approve it for their child. Other than that though hun if there is an issue just send in a report of your concern when it does happen, and a higher up will take care of it.

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble

Offline Boomi

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
    • ~My Blog~
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2014, 01:19:47 pm »
I actually like the ''Buttswing'' action, not everyone on FeralHeart is ''serious'' people, many are just here for randomness and buttswinging, I do not really see any problems with it...
~A Chicken With Big Toes~

Offline Wolfie_Lover

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2014, 01:38:14 pm »
I personally don't use emotes (except default emotes, I don't like blank-faced characters) or actions, atleast not often - heck, I hardly move my character. But, I'm pretty simple when it comes to humor, and I find the "ButtSwing" action pretty funny - if used properly. Now, I wouldn't even consider taking it out, if it were possible for me to, as many people like it and use it properly on a certain basis.
Like the others pointed out, too, is that people have ways to make things "weird", and not in the best of ways. Like the "HeadBanging" one or the "HeadSwing" one, those can be used.
Maybe it's just my opinion though. owo
-Wolfie

Offline Amberzerine

• Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2014, 04:00:37 am »
Well then again, maybe it shouldn't be took out... And sorry I meant Kovu not Red. I wish we did make the action system, though it would be hard, to ban it from players that didn't use it properly or like the innappropriate ways, that would be nice, but it would have to be by the staff/admins/owner that would have to ban it from players using it wrong... But I think we don't have codings or whatever to be able to do that, plus, since Kovu left, and without the actual code, we wouldn't be able to do much anymore..
AAAAAAAAAAAA hi