Author Topic: Does any one know any good styles of drawing/shading digitally. Or how to draw?.  (Read 1514 times)

Offline Bountybreeder

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • Belle is one of my main characters. Next to Megan.
    • View Profile

I was wondering if anyone knew either the name of this style of drawing.  http://www.deviantart.com/art/off-white-pg183-294708889    Or how to draw like that.
NO....
  • I believe they draw by hand first then scan on the computer and draw over it like that on tablet, laptop, ect,... Because I only have an iPad and dA Muro.
  • I am getting a laptop for Christmas and currently have a tablet from eBay so I can't meet in game
  • I do have Join me and I do watch youtube tutorials and look on dA but I can't find any help for FREE to draw on paper like the style draw on the picture above in the link.

Offline Nemena

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
    • View Profile
That drawing style's typically known as 'cell-shading'. For such smooth lineart, I'd imagine the entire process is done digitally on programs such as Photoshop or SAI. It's a style I've used myself! People sometimes do the linework traditionally (pen and paper), but it's often much faster and easier to work from scratch in photoshop.

While I'm not certain about hand-held tablets (I've only ever used a good, old fashioned PC for art), a laptop should certainly be able to run a good paint application! A quick dA search also brought up loads of tutorials. You could likely draw in a similar style with ink and markers on paper, too-- though these are admittedly extremely expensive!

Hope that made sense. It's one of the easier styles to learn! :)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 11:35:32 pm by Nemena »

Offline Bountybreeder

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • Belle is one of my main characters. Next to Megan.
    • View Profile
Thank you nemeda. You have actually been the most help I've gotten about this. :)