Author Topic: Registeration Idea  (Read 2598 times)

Offline Mintywing

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Registeration Idea
« on: August 24, 2014, 05:09:33 pm »
Allright,So we all know that FH Registeragion Opens and Clsoes randomly,I Was watching a FH Video and At least Half to comments said Something like this

"Fearl Heart should have a Certain Time,like At 6 O'clock GMT"
Or
"Fearl Heart Would Win Tons of Awards if the Regesteraion had a Certain Opening Time!"

I Support These ideas

I Have a Ton freinds Who wantt to Join but Cant DX

Offline Spottedbears

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • mister sandman, bring me a dream
    • View Profile
Re: Registeration Idea
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 05:13:29 pm »
the issue with this is that FH would be overrun by the amount of members registering. what does that mean? the server would probably crash and have severe lag. that's no good for any of us. not to mention, people make other accounts just for the fun of it, which become inactive and are basically extra, dead accounts.

with registration as it is, it's running just fine and tons of new people have already registered.

Art by me!
DA: Chrome-domey
Tumblr: Cassiopirate
Need preset, animating, or map help? PM me!

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 05:15:47 pm »
Registration is open at random times for a reason. If everyone knew exactly when registration would be open, the servers would get flooded with new members and it wouldn't be able to handle it, also the amount of fake accounts would go up as well and a lot of accounts would be inactive.

It would defeat the purpose of random registration times, and as said before it would be terribly laggy. This was suggested recently in other thread, and this was an admin's response:

Take heart, friend, you most certainly can find registration open if you're persistent. Hundreds of users are finding it open and making new accounts each month, so it's not a matter of no one finding it.
Try checking in several times a day (not just once a day, once a week, etc.) until you find it open.

As for setting a specific time for it to open, I'm afraid this one has been suggested before, but it has been declined several times. The main reason is the fact that setting a specific time for registration to open up defeats the purpose of having it open/closed to begin with--put simply, everyone would find out, and then everybody would come in on that day to make an account (or dozens of them, depending on who it is--people do this, for some reason).

Either way, thank you for your input and suggestion. This one will remain unchanged, but persistence will pay off if you keep your eyes peeled, and check out the website whenever possible.

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 05:19:58 pm »
Pardon if I sound a bit blunt, but the idea is discriminate.
Think about it. Users all over the globe play this game. Thus, if we were to incorporate an ideal time when the registrations open and closes, while it may favor some, it could be very unfair to others who will have to check up on the forums at times they normally wouldn't. The result will be angry users and unneeded favoritism.
I personally think that the way the registrations is currently set is fine. The time opens at complete random so there is no risk of showin' favor towards a distinct time zone or the likes 'n I highly doubt a randomized set of two hours will personally pick sides as to when it will open 'n close for the users here or users-to-be.
gone

Offline forks

• tiny silverware enthusiast
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • icon by reudiart
    • soupforks
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2014, 06:14:38 pm »
I agree with the others ^^
I caught the registration for this account right here. It's not like it doesnt open, if someone says that, it's totally not true. Registrations open FOR 2 HOURS a day. Every day. I'd just make sure you're friends check every hour to see. I wish them and not only them but any and everybody in the world trying to get an account luck. But like the others have stated, you wouldn't want the worlds to crash, and Raz already has his paws full as it is. So, I agree with Spot, Vesp and Dev.

signature by g0thic_vibes1

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2014, 06:50:24 pm »
Indeed, I believe the Registration is fine as it is. Sure, it might take you a couple days to catch it. But it's fair, since it's not really favoring a certain time zone. I caught it open at 3 am once!

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline Ferretlover2

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2014, 09:13:58 pm »
I agree. Feral Heart should have one day a month or an hour every two to three weeks. But it would be overrun with people who are trying to hog fifty accounts for themselves.

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2014, 09:14:50 pm »
Pardon if I sound a bit blunt, but the idea is discriminate.
Think about it. Users all over the globe play this game. Thus, if we were to incorporate an ideal time when the registrations open and closes, while it may favor some, it could be very unfair to others who will have to check up on the forums at times they normally wouldn't. The result will be angry users and unneeded favoritism.
I personally think that the way the registrations is currently set is fine. The time opens at complete random so there is no risk of showin' favor towards a distinct time zone or the likes 'n I highly doubt a randomized set of two hours will personally pick sides as to when it will open 'n close for the users here or users-to-be.
I agree 100% With Vespian. If it opened every evening at 6:00 GMT, It wouldn't be fair to other timezones who would need to wake up in the middle of the night to get registered.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline TheRugDoctor

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2014, 03:07:38 pm »
Just accept the way it is..