Author Topic: Prides or Packs...What gets you the Most?  (Read 3479 times)

Offline Kovu-The-Lion

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Check out my Youtube! FloofehPaws Productions
    • View Profile
    • My Little Corner x3
Prides or Packs...What gets you the Most?
« on: August 26, 2014, 01:43:45 am »
Alright so im a pretty experienced Feralheart roleplayer often Rping anything I can from Packs to Prides to Dragons to Fish, Mermaids/Mermans, Dogs, Cats, WC, You get the picture...
I want to hear your guys opinions on what do you think of them? Especially those Prides.
Why? Because of simple reasons, Often in a Pack or Pride the leaders and children get the most saying and parts while the rest are often ignored and on the sidelines Rping by themselves waiting for someone to come RP with them, OR They just refuse to RP with anyone and ONLY want to RP with like "Royals" such as the Alphas, Kings etc.
Ooooh Those Queen-Wanna-bes?
Ever been in a Pride where theres a very desperete chick who wants to be the kings mate to be Queen or even choose to be the Princes Mate to be the FUTURE one...
Or maybe the Packs where theres a Gorgeous Male and all the chicks dig'm but after he gets a mate everyone suddenly leaves????
Reply your stories, Im curious. x3

Find me in the Game as: Kovu The Lion
DA: SimbaKovu.deviantart.com
Youtube: Floofehpaws Productions

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
Re: Prides or Packs...What gets you the Most?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 01:56:06 am »
Gah! I love these opinion posts! Well, here's what I think:

Prides: I have never roleplayed a lion... but based off what I see in Bonfire, it's like you said... be a royal, be a needy cub, or go sit in a corner and think about your sad, non-cub life.

Packs: I prefer roleplaying a lone wolf, but I might try and join the Onyx Chain once I get better at roleplaying. I have been in packs in other games, and it's pretty hectic... wolfspeak, matebeggars, and the MOST ANNOYING THING IN EXISTANCE: "RIvals" who literally just formed a group 20 seconds ago, are complete strangers who you never even seen before, and claim that they are your nemesis and try to murder your family. Where's a good old fur-trader/hunter when you need them?

Warrior Cats: I used to rp WC's on other games, but later quit because of how stupid it's gotten. It's like every single friggin' cat has to have powers from Starclan, or be Fire/Tigerstar's long lost kit. Same rivals thing from wolf packs. Oh, and another thing. Every cat has to have names like Darkfang or Demonclaw  (cats don't even know what demons are) and have the same black or neon orange pelts. ALso backstories, every cat seems to have a tragic backstory in which they were born rogues and they were abandoned and they killed their family for vengeance, and joined a clan, became deputy, and killed the leader to take their place. MAKES. ME. SICK! *chucks fire extinguishers at some random Firestar wannabe*

I apologize for the rant at the end, but you get the gist. XD (I just noticed, we both like posting in maroon)

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline Kovu-The-Lion

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Check out my Youtube! FloofehPaws Productions
    • View Profile
    • My Little Corner x3
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 01:58:58 am »
TOTALLY agree with you. Especially the Warriorcats Omfg, I quit Rping them because of that. x.x

Find me in the Game as: Kovu The Lion
DA: SimbaKovu.deviantart.com
Youtube: Floofehpaws Productions

Offline Shenidan

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • Me hoy minoy
    • zyvy-raen
    • corri132
    • zyvraen666
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 09:16:00 am »
Prides-I love love love love ? rping as a lion while having fun, it just I dont know, Lions have interesting backstories.

Packs-Yeah I do it sometimes when Im with a pack but they always get inactive, Plus theres a realistic pack I want to join but they said my rp sample wasnt enough.. But yeah wolf rps are fine.

Clans-I never have rped as a cat before, so i have nothing to say about this one.

Signature by Sophie-Feathersong on dA

Find me ingame as ^Blurryface^

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 02:05:21 pm »
I have never been in a pride before. Added, I've rarely role-played a lion. Actually, edit, I've most likely been in one pride before, but don't remember that much about it. Recently, I've been interested in joining a pride or two to see how that are. I'm always up to try out new things and experiment with different characters.

Packs, I entirely familiar with. I like packs, regardless of how long they last. I'm usually alright with it. I just don't like that every pack nowadays feels the need to be realistic and such. I don't mind realism every now and again. However, in my opinion, there's no point to use your imagination if everything your character does has to be scripted according to the real world. It defeats the purpose to me, most times. Other than that, I like packs, any day.

As I've never really took the time to role-play a lion, I've rarely role-played a cat. Also, like prides, I've rarely joined a clans. The last one I've been in was most likely while I was still new to Feral Heart.  

Packs: I prefer roleplaying a lone wolf, but I might try and join the Onyx Chain once I get better at roleplaying. I have been in packs in other games, and it's pretty hectic... wolfspeak, matebeggars, and the MOST ANNOYING THING IN EXISTANCE: "RIvals" who literally just formed a group 20 seconds ago, are complete strangers who you never even seen before, and claim that they are your nemesis and try to murder your family. Where's a good old fur-trader/hunter when you need them?

Warrior Cats: I used to rp WC's on other games, but later quit because of how stupid it's gotten. It's like every single friggin' cat has to have powers from Starclan, or be Fire/Tigerstar's long lost kit. Same rivals thing from wolf packs. Oh, and another thing. Every cat has to have names like Darkfang or Demonclaw  (cats don't even know what demons are) and have the same black or neon orange pelts. ALso backstories, every cat seems to have a tragic backstory in which they were born rogues and they were abandoned and they killed their family for vengeance, and joined a clan, became deputy, and killed the leader to take their place. MAKES. ME. SICK! *chucks fire extinguishers at some random Firestar wannabe*

This would be some additional notes and points to my opinion simplified from Lizard. I do not like the fact most packs and clans are like this. Also, it makes me wonder how it all started to begin with. The "wolfspeak," unfortunate kitten tragedies, dark-orientated names, all the lot, in my opinion, is all for the sake of "being cool."
Image © Mikita Kavalenka

Offline TouchOfMadness

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • "Tommi"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 02:48:14 pm »
I must say that I agree with everything that's already been said, but I thought I'd post my own opinions anyway:

*takes deep breath*...

Packs- I usually roleplay in packs because I like the structure, and just being a wolf in general. I like being able to work your way to the top of the ranks, rather than just being high-ranking by birth. Unfortunately, wolfspeaking, true to its name, does occur often in pack roleplays. My main problem isn't really the wolfspeaking, but the people who judge your roleplaying if it doesn't meet their "standards", or the people who make their individual roleplay posts ten chat posts long, and bash you for accidentally post-cutting. There. That's my rant.

Prides-I sometimes roleplay in prides; they're probably the groups I roleplay in the most next to packs. The structure of prides is rather loose, in my opinion, so it's better suited for short-term roleplays. Like I said above, I don't really like the royal-by-birth idea in prides, where you're basically stuck in your rank. And as others have said, the roleplay is centered around the royal family like a reality show, so the others are left to sit in the corner and mutter their RP posts to themselves.

Clans-I don't really roleplay in Clans because I find them rather uneventful, so that's about the only opinion I have on them.

*gasps for air* Ok I'm done with my rambling and ranting.
It's been three freakin' years and I have no idea what I'm doing.

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 02:10:55 am »
I haven't found any great roleplays to join. A lot of times I'll be very picky about it, but then at other times I'm not picky at all. This is why I look forward to FHORD; I'm able to role play with my friends, without actually being in a 'group'. No plot or anything... just role playing your heart out until it soars through the air. But, that's a bit off topic. To be honest the prides get to me the most. They claim to be 100% realistic. But then they have 7 males and eat 10 zebras each day. Eheh... I hope you get my point.

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline Blossom Tears

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Korean SagMother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2014, 02:46:05 am »
Packs - I like being a Wolf in general, Although when I can't find a Group/RP I normally make one myself, Being the Leader, not the Follower (OnSomeThings) I am, I think it's obvious that I'd get hit on by said Mate beggars, Though most of the time I apparently "Intimidate" so much that people like that stay away.

Prides - Being a Feline has it's flaws, Being attacked by other "Kings/Queens" (Just like would happen as wolves), Although, I'm a good Rp'er on both things, I've actually had an Amazing RP fight (I was the Victor) for Three Hours straight. (Sounds boring but, I was the Prides Guard.. And the others Ditched me.. ;w;). Plus I don't want to get like An Elephant for dinner by a Preteen. You get my point.

KittyPets - Though I tend to make Kittypets allot, I DONOT. I repeat, DO NOT. Roleplay as them, Being there is so much WC's all over and it's just not surprising to see them around.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 02:48:30 am by BlossomTears »
I am Sagittas...
Korean SagMother.

Offline Wolfie_Lover

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2014, 08:17:43 am »
-Softly clears throat- Now, I've role-played all of these (stopped mainly with the animals, though still role-play warrior cats) and had different experiences. My opinions on them are kinda complex, though I'll try to simple it down to a more understanding level as I tend to complicate things sometimes.

Prides are alright, I suppose. I would never join a "ranked" one that calls themselves realistic, especially not with Luryes (she's too old and grumpy for all that). They do leave you alone, even whenever you "enter their territory" - unless they're role-playing a little too far, which is something they tend to do.
Now, a lot of the lion characters are a plain slate of browns (which is considered unrealistic, which is one reason I stopped even looking for one for Lur), sometimes they have faint markings on their paws or something hardly noticeable - but I was called "highly unrealistic" for using MassMarkings' Merle to make Lur look older and aged, not to mention that Lur is maned. Ironically, I was called unrealistic by a dark, chocolate brown "queen" lioness with more items on her than a prop comedian uses props, and I'm not going to even bring up her eyes.
Now, I'm not trying to be rude, but I really don't like joining lion role-plays with anything I listed above - only pure realism, with the exception of talking or something slightly off from realistic, lion role-plays are something I can handle.

I role-play wolves a lot more than I do lions, and I practically know the system in and out of a lot of packs already - without even looking over their website. I don't, personally, like to join them, despite all my wolf characters, because of my boiling hatred for wolfspeak (why is it still going around? It's been roughly more than two years; I thought it'd just be a fad) and highly unrealistic tendencies that most packs expect.
My character (whom I sadly stopped using) Delathan was in over four different packs that were strictly ranked, wolfspeakers (I felt like I wasn't describing or role-playing very well, but I also felt smarter than them at the same time), etc. I didn't stay with them because I didn't like it. That's all I have to say for packs right now.

Warrior Cats: I used to rp WC's on other games, but later quit because of how stupid it's gotten. It's like every single friggin' cat has to have powers from Starclan, or be Fire/Tigerstar's long lost kit. Same rivals thing from wolf packs. Oh, and another thing. Every cat has to have names like Darkfang or Demonclaw  (cats don't even know what demons are) and have the same black or neon orange pelts. ALso backstories, every cat seems to have a tragic backstory in which they were born rogues and they were abandoned and they killed their family for vengeance, and joined a clan, became deputy, and killed the leader to take their place. MAKES. ME. SICK! *chucks fire extinguishers at some random Firestar wannabe*
Ew. I'm really picky with my warriors role-play (I currently have one still going on, I started it yesterday ouo) and I have to say that it's mainly the mapless warriors' role-plays with names with "Dogbreathe" or "Ironfang" or something even more ridiculous.
You may be thinking, if you have a character named like that, "Wolfie, we name our cats that because it sounds cool." Yeah, sure, it does sound cool, it really does, but then you go and join a realistic Clan. Again, you might be thinking, "But! We have a perfect reason to join a realistic Clan - I'm realistic!" Yeah, your character looks realistic, but it's not. Your character's name is unrealistic and ridiculous - the only way you could have "Death" or "Broken" in your name is if you get renamed, which takes a whole ceremony.
Sorry about that, I went off as well. -Small sigh-
But, yeah, I'm really picky on my warrior groups.
-Wolfie

Offline Scarlet[]Death

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2014, 02:56:37 pm »
I don't really role play a lot anymore (my skills probably are terrible now XD).
When I did role play I honestly think I prefer packs more than anything else
due to having more interest in canines than any other animal. I've also studied canines more than felines so that gave me an advantage and pulled me toward packs. Last thing that I'd like to mention is that I like making characters with the canine model... seem to work better with it xD instead of taking an hour or two to make a feline character or end up rage quitting. Now, what I didn't like about packs was that whenever I tried to role play, there would always be some type of drama to occur whether it being IC or OOC; it got to the point where I just stopped joining packs all together.

For Prides, well, I never really liked prides that much in general. I mean I do like lions but I never liked role playing them in Feral Heart due to some people and the realism requirements... As well the "ranks."
I never really was good at making lion characters either... ;c

Ending with the Clans, oh my lawd, I never liked clan role plays because they all seemed to have the same plot all of the time, just different warriors. Now don't get me wrong, I love the maps and all, but the role plays were just a bit.... Boring for me. I loved the books though. I loved the names too; they were just so creative. I like making domestic cat characters too but when it comes to role playing as a warrior in a clan, I just get so bored. ;-; Sorry if I offended anyone, didn't mean to. ^^'

But anyway, that's how I am with these three. I lean more to packs than anything else, hehe.