Author Topic: Having trouble making my own markings?  (Read 884 times)

Offline Vidathelion

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • www.deviantart.com/cynde
    • www.youtube.com/channel/UC90KdyZ
    • http://feebleturtleduck-artz.tum
    • View Profile
Having trouble making my own markings?
« on: August 26, 2014, 02:56:32 am »
I've made a lot of customs markings for my characters(figured out how to do it myself<3) but for some reason I can't seem to get my new ones to work x.x I haven't done it in a while, so I forgot how it works...

I got a few problems: one of the markings doesn't even show up on the character(s) and they only work on cats...
After making the markings, I type "Marking Name; fmarkmarkingnamehead.png" and paste it into the "markings" word pad file right?
is there a way to get the markings on both models? and how come my newest marking wont work?

Offline SlipKnot64

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • Come To Me Darlin'. Don't Be Scared..
    • View Profile
Re: Having trouble making my own markings?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 04:00:33 am »
I've only done markings a bit, so someone correct me if I'm wrong.
To get the marking to work for both the canine and feline model you need to past the fmarkmarkingnamehead.png into both the feline section in the " Markings " word pad file, and also the canine.
One of the reason it may not be working is because the .png file isn't appearing in your textures folder?

I also believe that there is a limit to how many markings one can posses on Feral Heart, therefore if this limit is exceeded then you wont see your markings. If you have the Mass Markings file, this will cause you to pass the amount you can have.
If you want to test your markings then you'll have to delete a few of the mass markings, which will then cause multple white blobs to be flying an floating around your screen.

If you want to do this, just make sure you have a back-up of the mass markings somewhere so you can just change it back.
I hope that helps, though like yourself i haven't done this in a while.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 04:05:49 am by KrovenAsesinato »

WE WILL CHASE THE SUN UNTIL RAGNAROK COMES.

Offline Vidathelion

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • www.deviantart.com/cynde
    • www.youtube.com/channel/UC90KdyZ
    • http://feebleturtleduck-artz.tum
    • View Profile
Re: Having trouble making my own markings?
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 04:33:59 am »
I've only done markings a bit, so someone correct me if I'm wrong.
To get the marking to work for both the canine and feline model you need to past the fmarkmarkingnamehead.png into both the feline section in the " Markings " word pad file, and also the canine.
One of the reason it may not be working is because the .png file isn't appearing in your textures folder?

I also believe that there is a limit to how many markings one can posses on Feral Heart, therefore if this limit is exceeded then you wont see your markings. If you have the Mass Markings file, this will cause you to pass the amount you can have.
If you want to test your markings then you'll have to delete a few of the mass markings, which will then cause multple white blobs to be flying an floating around your screen.

I fixed it<3 thank you for the help!

If you want to do this, just make sure you have a back-up of the mass markings somewhere so you can just change it back.
I hope that helps, though like yourself i haven't done this in a while.