Author Topic: Pups and Attacking  (Read 1964 times)

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
Pups and Attacking
« on: August 26, 2014, 05:14:21 pm »
I don't really roleplay as much anymore in Feralheart, but I do roleplay a lot on Facebook, and by watching some things like the Lion King roleplays I've been thinking about something.

Pups/Cubs/Whatever younglings and attacking.

The person I roleplay with on Facebook I do enjoy roleplaying with, but since our roleplay is about fighting and mostly about cubs/pups she has been a powerplayer, basically.

So, before I start rambling I'll just get to the topic. I've noticed that cubs/pups/whatever in roleplays are able to attack, attack very well and know lots of things, and seem to be able to stand a lot of pain being done to them, and sometimes even by an ADULT.

First off, I don't believe that younglings are usually very strong and able to attack an adult or kill one. One thing that I notice between fights with adults and younglings is that the younglings (I'm just gonna call 'em younglings now xD) are able to attack the adult on their back, neck, and face, when they actually probably wouldn't be able to jump high enough to land on their back or head and attack them from there, probably only their ankles, legs, and possibly stomach.

Second, younglings of course will have instincts and now a bit of how to defend themselves without being taught, but a lot of younglings are able to attack with stuff they probably wouldn't know by that age, and even if they did probably wouldn't be very good at it. They're not very strong! A cub cannot snap a full grown lion's neck off, or even get up there!
Also, a lot of them are able to tackle an adult. The most a youngling could probably go is push them back a few steps, but hey, I guess I'm not too much of an expert. XD

Well, I just had to let out that rambling/rant that was probably quite inaccurate, but I just had to get that off my chest xD

Anything you'd like to add, or got any funny experiences with these almost immortal and extremely strong and smart younglings? (If anyone roleplays younglings like this... please settle down.. XD)

Offline KatanaWolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Delete this account.
    • View Profile
Re: Pups and Attacking
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 05:56:48 pm »
I don't know why people think pups/cubs can easily take down a full grown animal especially when it's most likely twice their size and I agree when you said they would have instincts for defending themselves but it probally just be a nip on the leg or something like that. Honestly I think if people are going to roleplay like that then they should be a adult instead of pup but that's my opinion.
Account no longer in use.

Offline SlipKnot64

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • Come To Me Darlin'. Don't Be Scared..
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 06:02:22 pm »
I've noticed it too, and do in fact find it extremely amusing. Watching a newborn cub attack a fully grown lion and then for some reason being able to survive all the attacks and then kill the adult is just brilliant to watch.  

WE WILL CHASE THE SUN UNTIL RAGNAROK COMES.

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 06:29:10 pm »
I saw it just yesterday. To be honest, if a litter of pups were fighting (let's say the strongest was picking on the weakest/smallest) there could be a chance of the youngest dying. But animals that are under the age of 9 months would need a lot of help from an adult that was near by. Or if there wasn't an adult, they would be forced to run.

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 06:52:34 pm »
Yeah, I almost never see the pups flee or find someone to protect them or something like that, they just go right ahead and attack.

Offline Blossom Tears

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Korean SagMother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 10:38:12 pm »
I've actually had a few run up to my Cat chars and be like.: -growl and snaps kittens leg off and he dies- And I'm just sitting there like....... What. Like, I'm bigger then you, And just. What?
I am Sagittas...
Korean SagMother.

Offline trinitylovespink

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Glowing potato pocket
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 01:50:37 am »
I find It amusing, and annoying but we cant really do much about it. Feral-heart is an all age community, no telling who can be behind the computer screen.
Here To Help!
Ingame: trinitylovespink
dA: Donttouchsilverlark
Tumblr: Donttouchsilver

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2014, 01:55:30 am »
These pups could be played by teens or adults, I didn't say they were just kids. But it's true, there's not much we can do to stop them.

Offline Wolfie_Lover

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2014, 07:46:08 am »
Ah, the ol' friend "powerplays" trap - almost all my friends that I role-play with powerplay.
Now, most of my characters are scrawny weaklings (I just favor that body-type since I'm a scrawny weakling, I know how to use it better) and are definitely aren't going to be able to take that much damage. But, when I do role-play fights, I try to be heavily realistic, it's just the way I am with my role-play; if you role-play a human, anthro, whatever humanoid, if you can't do it, then your character most likely can't do it.
My friends' characters are, more often than not, are a little thicker-skinned, though based off of them (like a persona, so to speak) - they'd probably be able to take a little more damage than my character, though if I - for example - "stab through their armored skin, killing them instantly" (which isn't something I would do, since it's not realistic), they'd probably be really upset with me, since I just killed their character.
I can't stand when a person is upset, be it stranger, foe, or friend, if they are crying, I will feel heavy guilt and probably start crying to. Why I bring this up is because that's what I do, I let them "kill" my character - or at most, knock him out/down - so they're happy. Even if it's not properly teaching them how to properly fight without winning, or even how to do it realisticly (I say "teach" because they like to write stories and whatnot, and I'm sorta like their teacher, so to speak), I still do it.
I do it in-game, any role-play with younger or less experienced people, and sometimes real life. Now, I don't go to Bonfire very much (but when I do, it's normally on Batter), or really anywhere where the pups or full-grown powerplayers can get to me (though I've had a few attack me and my friend because she called their wolf characters "puppies", though they eventually left us alone in a matter of seconds), but I normally let them feel triumphant and like a winner whenever I do bump into them - atleast whenever I want to role-play.
-Wolfie

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2014, 07:57:45 pm »
I've been waiting for a topic like this... I can't say how much this ticks me. I have so many stories with this... but I'll try and paraphrase the most notable one.
Well, I was attacking a WC clan as a wolfhound (which is the tallest breed of dog, with very long legs) and some kit runs up to me, somehow trips me with their tail, pins me with one paw, and pounces on my shull, thus shattering it into a billion pieces. Such a strong, demonic child.
Ok, one, even an adult cat couldn't do any of those things, and two, this kit was a NEWBORN. Excellent topic, Devy.

(I've been inactive a few days due to a family vacation, but I'm back now :D)

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya