Author Topic: Random Friend Requests  (Read 5018 times)

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
Random Friend Requests
« on: August 29, 2014, 08:12:11 pm »
I won't spend too much time talking about this huehue

So, what's your opinion on random friend requests?

I don't mind when people who I know/have seen from the forums or game or something send requests, but I dislike when people who I don't know and have never talked to just randomly friend me. I always accept, but then they don't even bother to talk to me or say anything, and I just sit there like "WHO ARE YOU AND WHY DID YOU SEND ME A REQUEST"

So, what are your opinions? Or have you ever even had these random friend requests?

Offline Kastilla

• my mind is a sieve for inspiration.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 71
  • [ ] make time go faster
    • View Profile
Re: Random Friend Requests
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 08:18:11 pm »
I have gotten random friend requests, but I see them and they will talk to me. Or, they have whispered me, usually saying "Nice character". I am not one to accept random friend requests because... Basically, I am super shy and anti-social. o.o even if that had no relevence whatsoever.
stinky dog coming through, don't mind me!

Offline Scarlet[]Death

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 08:19:20 pm »
I think random friend requests are just another way of some people trying to get your attention. When I get them I feel suspicious of who they are and either whisper them or delete them right away, I never choose whether to accept them or not until I know who they are first.

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 08:29:19 pm »
Sometimes I get them without the person even saying a thing to me. Likely because they're new, though, and want friends... But I don't really accept them, anyway, since I already have a lot of people on my list as it is. x3 (Andtheyneedtotalktomefirstsothatworksoutfine. //Brick'd//) And plus, I don't know them, obviously.

I don't get random friend requests /too/ often, though, thankfully... o-o' That picture is literally my reaction every time.

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 08:32:19 pm »
I get random friend requests, however I only accept people I know and are friends with...

...As you can tell. lol I think people send them just so they can have a lot of users on their list- maybe they think they really know the person? I don't know, reasons vary.

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 08:33:01 pm »
I've gotten lots of these before, I'm not exactly sure why they're sent to me though ;0; I'm not exactly the user that will introduce theirselves and be all friendly. I'm really shy/uncertain at first. Also, I'm not that popular so that can't be why they're sending it. Maybe they just want tons of friends? owo I feel awkward trying to continue this post so I'll end it here.

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2014, 09:01:29 pm »
Oh yeah... There are times that I'm totally silent on a public map and people will suddenly send a friend request to me. It's really weird. Most of the time I just ignore the requests though.

I think the creepiest thing that ever happened was when I was on one of my private maps all by myself and I suddenly got a friend request. I sat there for the next five minutes just looking around thinking "How did you find me? D:"

Offline Neowulf

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Somewhere, in an alternate universe...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2014, 09:09:24 pm »
Not too sure about friend requests, but I do periodically get Group requests. GDI I AM NOT A WOLF OR A DRAGON! I AM A POKEMON!

Art gallery
[Find me in-game as Neowulf]

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2014, 09:54:40 pm »
Not too sure about friend requests, but I do periodically get Group requests. GDI I AM NOT A WOLF OR A DRAGON! I AM A POKEMON!
Same here... I sometime get spammed for my fursona to join random packs, or for my cougar to join lion prides... LOOK AT THE MARKINGS PEOPLE! NOT EVERY SANDY-COLORED BIG CAT WITHOUT SPOTS/STRIPES AND HAS A MANE IS A LION!

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2014, 09:55:32 pm »
Ugh, group requests. They usually send you like 10 in a row, too. .-.