Author Topic: Random Group Requests  (Read 3237 times)

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
Random Group Requests
« on: August 29, 2014, 10:09:14 pm »
'Cause I was asked to. o3o

Your opinion of random group requests? I don't like them, since they don't whisper you asking if you're interested or even that species, and they usually spam you with 20 of them. e.e

Offline Neowulf

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Somewhere, in an alternate universe...
    • View Profile
Re: Random Group Requests
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 10:22:27 pm »
Indeed. Sometimes when I sit around as a pokemon, I get a bunch of requests for a dragon or a wolf group. And since everything goes to crap when I try to get a bunch of pokes into a group, that's not a good defense mechanism. GDI.

Art gallery
[Find me in-game as Neowulf]

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 11:44:27 pm »
So I walk to the Stone Bridge on my Stripey....

And I get who knows how many pack requests.

Lolwut.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 11:50:46 pm »
These guys... I always get spammed with LION PRIDE requests when I roleplay my COUGAR. It's like people think that any sandy-colored animal with a mane is a lion. My kitsune sometimes gets wolf pack join-spammed... I mean, it has 9 tails and spiritual markings... OMG IT HAS CANINE MODEL! IT SHULD JOIN MY PACK! PLZ JOIN! PLZ PLZ, WE NEED PPL! Yeah, no. Even with my fursona, who happens to be a lone wolf, and yes, I intend on staying a lone wolf, get's spammed with pack requests.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Sandfury

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2014, 01:40:48 am »
This annoys me deeply. So, I'm just sitting around and having a good time. *Bloop!* Ah, a new group request? What is it? *Opens Tab* "the foxs of bunfire" *Searches up group* *Clicks on* *Looks at leader *Finds* *Whispers* "I do not appreciate you inviting me without a notice." "so" "So? I don't want you inviting me without asking me. I find it very rude." "whatever *blocks*"
That immature little... Oh well. At least I won't get invite-spammed anymore!
That's pretty much what I do. On occasions when they don't block me, and when I get on a character, I do this:
Chilling out... *Bloop!* Oh God, is it... *Opens Tab* "wolfs of the son" *Joins, surprisingly*
Piru has joined "wolfs of the son"
 <death f alpha> welcome
<shadow m pup> welcome!11!                                                           *Typing*
<Drake M Alpha> Welcome to the pack.
<Goth f pup> dad im going to die from falling!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<Piru> Hello, wolfs of the son. I do not appreciate when you randomly invite me. This has happened to four of my characters. A simple whisper or a message could be nice. I have some advice. Please, do not invite me, or others without them knowing. Good day.
<Goth f pup> is ded
Piru has left the group.

So, that's really my.. Opinion on random group invites. All in all, they're PRETTY annoying.
-Sandfury-

Offline Scarlet[]Death

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2014, 03:06:04 am »
I don't get these a lot but when I do get these random group invites, it can get annoying, especially when they send it multiple times or when someone walks around a highly-populated part of the map and starts sending random group invites to everybody there. Honestly, I believe I get more Whispers asking if I am in need of a group more than random group invites.

Offline KatanaWolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Delete this account.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2014, 03:10:06 am »
These can be quite annoying as they randomly send you requests even though you have no idea what that group is about or if your the same species as they are.
Account no longer in use.

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2014, 12:31:17 pm »
Yes, I'd say it's an annoying thing which happens a tad too often.
However, I don't think it's the end of the world either. ^^
RETIRED.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2014, 03:58:31 pm »
The easiest and best way to avoid having this is honestly to bump a random group onto your profile either by making one or joining a friends random one.

iRawr is an example since it made for this exact reason, just a group to avoid getting invites and having the chat showing group chat leaks such as "Feral Joined <Grouphere>" "Feral left <Grouphere>". If you have a character you just want to "be" in the game with going around groupless can become a bit of an annoyance if you get invites on the go all the time.

The few times I personally have been receiving invites like this I have been quick to shoot them down, if the creator of the group doesn't even want to spend a few seconds letting me know about the group, why should I spend time on a character for their group really. In a way, people running around and just invite users randomly to their group do not take the group itself seriously so you shouldn't either. Random derp groups can be fun too of course don't get me wrong, but getting to know or talk to the users you invite shouldn't be too hard if you really want "them" in your group or look for certain characters that they might use.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2014, 04:37:34 pm »
To be honest, I don't really have a problem with this. Occasionally I might get a single group request, but that's it
Farewell everyone<3