Author Topic: Random Group Requests  (Read 3236 times)

S. Italy/Romano

Re: Random Group Requests
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2014, 05:04:14 pm »
I don't have a problem with getting random group requests, but the creator of the group should not have a problem with me rejecting the request either.

There's nothing that I dislike more than a guilt trip from the creator who begins whispering and asking me to justify my rejection of the invitation. That's when I go "What"? You don't have to justify the reason for randomly inviting me, but I have to justify my reason to reject it? Nope.

If they can't be bothered to even ask me if I want to join the group, then why should I be bothered to join it? It should be common knowledge that you're pretty much playing the lottery if you run around randomly inviting people and if you lose, you don't run up to the host and start questioning why your number didn't win, do you?

Offline Owly

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • Kryvul
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2014, 05:27:46 pm »
Yeah I've gotten requests like this from time to time. Like posts above, I'm not about to join some random group that I don't even know about. Call me picky, but the group has to be welcoming and perfect [to me] to make me join in the first place.
I often whisper the group owner that I'm not interested and reject the group invite. However, I rarely get that one person who doesn't seem to notice my whisper and sends another one. Usually that's when I accept the group to tell them that I wasn't interested and leave.

Yeah that's when I sometimes get that Whisper saying I was rude for joining and leaving without giving them a chance. I think only on guy I've ever rejected from asked me why I didn't want to join and kept persisting on me giving him an answer. I said clearly: Because I don't know anything about it, I do have my own rp I am 100% devoted to, I was on this character to simply lounge. I then suggested he make a site or some place to post some information if he didn't want to type it out. The good members are ones who are willing to read about your group. He said it was a waste of his time, and I told him "Uh so is asking me all these questions." Never spoke to me again.

Offline Nemena

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2014, 04:12:26 am »
It honestly depends on how severe it is! I generally just ignore them or quickly create my own group; they're mildly irritating at times, but otherwise harmless and easily ignored. It's usually an overly eager new player so it's difficult to validate an unnecessarily harsh response. If I'm particularly groggy, or they're annoyingly persistent, I'll join the group and explain in polite, excruciating and boring detail about FH's various recruitment methods.  A bit pedantic I'll admit, but it's arguably a bit more helpful than yelling at them!

Offline StarrieNova

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2014, 06:17:32 am »
I am not the biggest of fans on random group requests. Though if you send me a random request I will tel them a very kind declination on their group invite or if my character is not meant for role-playing then I will refer them to my bio.

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble

Offline Fallenleaf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2014, 10:28:42 pm »
I rarely get group spammed, but it happened to me before. So now I make my own group, usually called "hell no" or "not joining your group". With a silly bio.

I think it's very annoying to get spammed with group requests. You have to decline them all, and imagine if you misclicked on accept... UGH.

I don't cuss on the person who sent them, though (being on SB and not knowing who sent it, anyway), but I usually post a kindly warning in local, without mentionning the group. They recognize themselves and stop, while others avoid doing the same mistake. ovo

Offline Likopinina

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • Meow
    • Likopinina
    • Likopinina
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2014, 11:12:51 am »
Honestly, this happened to me only one time. Someone invited me to join group named 'Puss in boots'
Quite interesting name, but I just ignored the invitation..
Preset of Leon

Signature by bruisers