Author Topic: Is there a notepad file for the eye mass, similar to the "markings' notepad file  (Read 2698 times)

Offline Vidathelion

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • www.deviantart.com/cynde
    • www.youtube.com/channel/UC90KdyZ
    • http://feebleturtleduck-artz.tum
    • View Profile
Just wondering, cause I can't find one :U

AlphaEclipse

What do you mean by eye mass? Do you mean like changing the size of the eyes? Please explain. x3 Also that markings notepad file is called a .cfg.

edit: also, I think this belongs in "Game Help."
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 08:04:20 pm by AlphaEclipse »

Offline Vidathelion

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
What do you mean by eye mass? Do you mean like changing the size of the eyes? Please explain. x3 Also that markings notepad file is called a .cfg.

edit: also, I think this belongs in "Game Help."

Drat, I can never get anything in the right category around here.xD
My apologies, I should have explained better :) No, I meant the different... pupil shapes? I think thats the way to explain it. Like in the character creator, you can choose from normal pupils, cross pupils, ect...
Same with the 'markings' for the characters.
The markings for the characters(example - the german shepard, cheetah, leopard markings) are in a notepad file, where you can make your own mass markings.
I was wondering if there was a notepad file for the eye mass(different pupils).

AlphaEclipse

No worries. c: Someone will move it for you. Everyone makes mistakes! And those aren't in a notepad file, those are textures which are located in Feralheart > media > textures.

Offline forks

• tiny silverware enthusiast
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • icon by reudiart
    • soupforks
    • View Profile
You mean to make you're own eye types? Well, I don't think so but I'm not sure. I know there are the eye types and you can use them to make presets, you might be able to take one and change the design and export it as one of the eyes and make you're own mod for it. EX:
Say you didn't like the way that the fire eye type was made. You could open it up in GIMP and change it and then export it into media>>textures (or wherever it shows the different eye types) and go in game and choose the fire eye type and yeh should be good ter go ^^
If that's what you were wondering.
Just a bit of an add on to what Alpha said I gess?

signature by g0thic_vibes1

Offline Vidathelion

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
You mean to make you're own eye types? Well, I don't think so but I'm not sure. I know there are the eye types and you can use them to make presets, you might be able to take one and change the design and export it as one of the eyes and make you're own mod for it. EX:
Say you didn't like the way that the fire eye type was made. You could open it up in GIMP and change it and then export it into media>>textures (or wherever it shows the different eye types) and go in game and choose the fire eye type and yeh should be good ter go ^^
If that's what you were wondering.
Just a bit of an add on to what Alpha said I gess?

Here's a few pictures to properly explain what I meant .xD http://sta.sh/0u6gavfqstv
see how there's the 'markings' text file? I'm not talking about the texture, I'm talking about the notepad file. Because the body markings need this text file to show up in the game. So there must be one for the eyes to show up in the game.

Offline Vidathelion

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
No worries. c: Someone will move it for you. Everyone makes mistakes! And those aren't in a notepad file, those are textures which are located in Feralheart > media > textures.

Here's a few pictures to properly explain what I meant .xD http://sta.sh/0u6gavfqstv
see how there's the 'markings' text file? I'm not talking about the texture, I'm talking about the notepad file. Because the body markings need this text file to show up in the game. So there must be one for the eyes to show up in the game.

AlphaEclipse

OH I understand now. Yeah, that's not located directly in "C:\Feralheart," it's located in "C:\Feralheart\media\materials\cmain (OR) fmain. They are not like that .cfg file- they are a .material file which is used to show how textures show up on the canine and feline models.
I'm pretty sure they are loaded ino the game using the resources.cfg file in "C:\Feralheart."

Offline Vidathelion

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
OH I understand now. Yeah, that's not located directly in "C:\Feralheart," it's located in "C:\Feralheart\media\materials\cmain (OR) fmain. They are not like that .cfg file- they are a .material file which is used to show how textures show up on the canine and feline models.
I'm pretty sure they are loaded ino the game using the resources.cfg file in "C:\Feralheart."

Hmm... there doesn't seem to be a list of the eyes in it though...

AlphaEclipse

If you are making this thread because you want to add/subtract eye slots, it is not possible without the source code. Meshes don't work like that.
KovuLKD probably wanted a limited amount on eye types (just like tuft types, etc. Tufts are meshes also.), but he might have wanted markings customizable. (I guess like IT(?) I've never played IT, so I'm not sure.) When mesh making and editing material files, you can assign scripts, just like presets. There's no meshes.cfg for the meshes textures, yes? There's no furshades.cfg, yes? They appear because they are the materials of .meshes. If you look in the cmain file, you will not see a list of extensions like the to the textures, but scripts in a simple computer language. Material files and .cfg files are different. Material files are only available for .meshes, which are for Ogre 3D.

Summed up, there is no "eye types" file that I see, otherwise it would be located in "C:\Feralheart." for easy access. I'm sure it is added here using that "colour_op_ex blend_texture_alpha src_current src_manual 0 1 0 1" or those "params," however I am not 100% sure on that, since it depends on how Kovu made the game. (Course: http://www.ogre3d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=306919)
Code: [Select]
material CeyeMatL
{
technique 1
{
pass
{
cull_hardware none
cull_software none
fragment_program_ref Eye_PS
{
param_named_auto colorMod1 custom 1
param_named_auto colorMod2 custom 2
}
texture_unit
{
texture feyeMask1_0.png
tex_coord_set 0
}
texture_unit
{
texture feyeMask2.png
tex_coord_set 1
}
texture_unit
{
texture feyeShade.jpg
tex_coord_set 2
}
}
pass
{
depth_func equal
              scene_blend zero src_colour
}
}
technique 2
{
pass
{
lighting off
texture_unit
{
texture feyeMask1_0.png
colour_op_ex blend_texture_alpha src_texture src_manual 1 0 0 1
}
texture_unit
{
texture feyeMask2.png
colour_op_ex blend_texture_alpha src_current src_manual 0 1 0 1
}
}
pass
{
depth_func equal
texture_unit
{
texture feyeShade.jpg
colour_op modulate
}
}
}
}
material CeyeMatR
{
technique 1
{
pass
{
cull_hardware none
cull_software none
fragment_program_ref Eye_PS
{
param_named_auto colorMod1 custom 1
param_named_auto colorMod2 custom 2
}
texture_unit
{
texture feyeMask1_0.png
tex_coord_set 0
}
texture_unit
{
texture feyeMask2.png
tex_coord_set 1
}
texture_unit
{
texture feyeShade.jpg
tex_coord_set 2
}
}
pass
{
depth_func equal
}
}
technique 2
{
pass
{
lighting off
texture_unit
{
texture feyeMask1_0.png
colour_op_ex blend_texture_alpha src_texture src_manual 1 0 0 1
}
texture_unit
{
texture feyeMask2.png
colour_op_ex blend_texture_alpha src_current src_manual 0 1 0 1
}
}
pass
{
depth_func equal
texture_unit
{
texture feyeShade.jpg
colour_op modulate
}
}
}
}

If anyone would like to add on to this, or correct something, feel free to. ^ _ ^