Author Topic: Roleplaying Pet Peeves  (Read 6564 times)

Offline Wolfie_Lover

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
    • View Profile
Re: Roleplaying Pet Peeves
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2014, 10:31:01 pm »
I can say that I'm a very lenient person when it comes to role-playing, but there are a few things (aside from the obvious) that are just aggravating to me.

-Wolfspeakers, these guys - not all, but most that I've role-played with - just think they're better than everyone else, and they think they're more literate. If you use pillars for your legs, you're not literate; I'm sorry.
-Anyone that can do everything. This one gets on my nerves especially fast. Like, let's say that you know someone who calls their character a "normal" human, seems pretty good. Next thing you know, bam! Their character can teleport and instantly know what NPCs' names are, where your character ljves despite not knowing them prior to this, etc.
-Controlling your character. As Devynex said, but I see it more on DeviantART (mainly since I never use my Facebook, ever). I just get really irritated by it since it's my character. Now, maybe if I accidentally did it or if they accidentally did it, I'd let it slid - but if it keeps happening, I just scoff and roll my eyes (I don't hate the person, just the way they role-play).
-People that never cease to stop, and not in the good way (mainly in a one on one than in a Party or Group). It gets annoying whenever I'm typing something and they keep badgering my character with more things to do. I'm normally half way through my paragraph and then they do a complete turn away from that, making me having to retype. Everything.

That's really it, to be honest. It may be a few small things that irritate me, but I think they're the most annoying thing in the world - the things they do, not to people.
-Wolfie

Offline Necropossum

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
  • Goatlinqs.exe has crashed
    • MayasiRin
    • Goatlinqs_jpg
    • View Profile
    • ColorsLive
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2014, 10:51:52 pm »
One of my pet peeves with role-playing is for one OP characters basically like "I have claws that are a foot long and can shoot fie out of my hands and can't be killed bla bla bla" I'm usually over in the corner mumbling "kill meeeeee" When you ask to RP and the person agrees then logs off, leaves or gets on a new character and does something else after wards... the mostly only happens on my FaceBook... When you are in an RP and you don't say BRB or GTG I mean wouldn't it be common courtesy or do you want me screaming "ARE YOU THEEEEERE!?" And when someone controls you're character I don't think I do that but if I do then sorry XD but it ticks me off aswell especially if my character honestly wouldn't give a freaking care what is going on. This mostly happens in comics with my friends... I do it occasionally when they are around but one of my friends fills an entire page with stuff about my character and there's and most of the time my character wouldn't do that. ~Rant over

Signature drawn by Me

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2014, 11:06:43 pm »
Oh yeah, I forgot about that as well. -again mostly on FB-

If I don't respond within 2 minutes don't go asking "ARE YOU THERE" or "Are you on?" Maybe I was writing a long response or I was busy. Maybe I didn't like your roleplay. MAYBE I DECIDED TO IGNORE IT. I mean, only ask me that if I haven't responded for like two days or something and we were having a good roleplay.

Offline Kastilla

• my mind is a sieve for inspiration.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 71
  • [ ] make time go faster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2014, 11:56:54 pm »
Those people in your group that jugde your character's personality. Like they say it's too dark.
Well, I am sorry - I am a dark person, my characters reflect me and my life. I don't care what you say, my character is going to be dark. Yeah, I have happy characters, don't go all "she's goth/emo omg" on me.
stinky dog coming through, don't mind me!

Sandfury

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2014, 12:15:02 am »
Well, since I do RP in Bonfire a lot, I have a few peeves.

Uno, RP Fighing. I especially do not like RP fighting when you A. have a powerplayer, or B. When someone claims they know how to fight properly when they can't.
Dos, Double-Characters. This mainly happens in a TLK RP, and there's two sides of this peeve. Part one, when everyone is just minding their own business, someone randomly yells out, "OMG 2 SIMBAS!!!11!" The other side is when someone starts to argue about who's the "Real" or "Better" character.
Tres, Those-People-Who-Sit-On-The-Side-And-Critique. I'm sometimes one of those people, so shame on me. But, whenever someone isn't doing anything, and they start nagging how you're not 100% top notch, that really gets on my nerves.

That's pretty much my pet peeves...

-Sandfury

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2014, 01:13:40 am »
I haven't really developed any roleplaying pet peeves because I don't roleplay that much. I do, however, have one pet peeve: when people don't proof-read their post before they post it, and I'm left with reading a bunch of smelling and grammar errors, as well as typos. It has gotten to the point before where I couldn't even really understand what the person's character was doing in that post, and then I'm left not knowing how to respond
Farewell everyone<3

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2014, 02:28:07 pm »
I can say I do have a few pet peeves when roleplaying. I'm usually flexible with most little aspects. Then, there's things I just cannot take after so much. Here's my short list of things I cannot stand.

One of my peeves are people who cannot post or tell a story, I'll explain. People who act like they've never roleplayed with anyone before. Not a beginner, this has nothing to do with first-timers. I mean people you have no idea what they're saying or doing. They can have a paragraph or even a sentence and you have no ounce of a clue of what they said or did.

Possibly the main one is powerplay / controlling other people's characters. I dislike this as much as godmods. There was a time I joined a pack roleplay and I was made a beta. I decided to make a conflict with another member's character because I thought it would be fun. Also, I thought their character was interesting.

Short verison of what happened:
My Character: "You should be sort your attitude! No one's done anything to you and you're acting like a spoiled pup!"
Person 1:
Person takes my character by the neck and uses all of his strength to slam him on the ground.
My Character (OOC): (... ... What?)

Oh yeah, I forgot about that as well. -again mostly on FB-

If I don't respond within 2 minutes don't go asking "ARE YOU THERE" or "Are you on?" Maybe I was writing a long response or I was busy. Maybe I didn't like your roleplay. MAYBE I DECIDED TO IGNORE IT. I mean, only ask me that if I haven't responded for like two days or something and we were having a good roleplay.

I like this, for this is another peeve I have. People have to understand that depending on your type of posting style, it can take the minimum of five minutes to read a person's post. Then take a moment to say something back. If it's only been three minutes and I'm just now getting done reading your post, why do you assume I left?! I'm still here! I'm just reading and understanding your position!
Image © Mikita Kavalenka

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2014, 10:35:30 pm »
Speaking of the whole "ARE YOU STILL THERE" peeves, I have another thing to add:
When people type at Usain Bolt speeds and have already typed 5 posts before you even entered yours, and ask if your inactive, meanwhile your still in the middle of typing. I'm not a slow typer, but I used to be, and this REALLY ticked me during my earlier roleplay days. This is also pretty much godmodding, since they don't even give you time to respond to their actions... oi!

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2014, 10:40:18 pm »
Also when they have like 4689304780 different attacks in one post, not even letting you have a chance.

Example~ He slashed his face a few times then kicked him in the stomach. Then, he bit his neck and threw him to the ground, slashing at his stomach and then kicking him towards a tree. He then clawed his entire body and shot poison to his face. He bit his tail and threw him at another wolf, before running into them and pushing them off a cliff.

Offline SL138197

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
  • Thank ye' TinyTail.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2014, 12:44:47 am »
"He slashed his face a few times then kicked him in the stomach. Then, he bit his neck and threw him to the ground, slashing at his stomach and then kicking him towards a tree. He then clawed his entire body and shot poison to his face. He bit his tail and threw him at another wolf, before running into them and pushing them off a cliff."
That...*sniffle* was the best roleplay paragraph I have EVER read.  
It has so much talent, and amazingness, and beauty, and just - *dies*

XD Sorry, I had to!
DeviantArt: Riverthefluffybum
Minecraft: artsy_gamer906