Author Topic: Looking for a experienced/novice map maker ! ;w;  (Read 553 times)

Offline hadou

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • hi hello this is hadou :V
    • View Profile
Looking for a experienced/novice map maker ! ;w;
« on: September 10, 2014, 06:33:57 pm »

Well, I've tried time and time again to make a little map for myself and possibly a group but no matter what it crashes or just doesn't work at all.
I'm done with trying, so here I am begging someone to make me a map, or at least REALLY help me make one with me.
I can make the weather and sky just fine so that's no issue, it's rather the height map, and items and custom items etc. that I need help with.
I have both the grey scale and color squares, but whenever I try to use them it crashes.

I'm willing to pay in coding, art, pixel animations, but not money unless you will only take money and I really love your work.
My da is http://mothbone.deviantart.com/ if you want examples of some of my work.

Please help me out, guys, aha.

Message me for skype/email if you want to contact me that way or just comment!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 07:03:41 pm by hadou »

Offline ThaBIue

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
    • View Profile
    • ThaBIue's DA
Re: Looking for a experienced/novice map maker ! ;w;
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 09:22:04 pm »
If you're saying that when you're trying to load the height image into the map, the game crashes, then I believe it's not a big problem. If you're using gimp all you have to do is this:

-open the heightmap image into gimp.
-Then at the top of gimp it says Files - Edit -Select - ECT - ECT...
-Click on the one that says 'Image'
-Near the bottom it then says 'flatten image'. Click it.
-Export it as 'HeightmapNameHere.png' , make sure it's .png

Same thing goes for the color image.

I'm sorry this doesn't completely related to what you were asking for, but I hope this fixes your problem with the crash. ;u;
No longer playing Feralheart really.. I still do creations for the game though.

http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=41996.0