Author Topic: The unfinished tool "Movie Maker"  (Read 6219 times)

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
The unfinished tool "Movie Maker"
« on: September 15, 2014, 02:01:58 pm »
In the new version of FeralHeart (June 9th, 2016) if the player clicks 'Creative Den', there is a button with two dots that also prompts the Coming Soon! response. If the "Movie Maker" was implemented, what do you think it would allow us to do? Would you start making videos?

Share your opinon below!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 05:23:38 pm by Moontwist »

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline kiaz1st

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 44
  • The Rogue
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • View Profile
    • Kiaz Site
Re: The unfinished tool "Movie Maker"
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 02:41:36 pm »
I too have wondered about the movie maker tool, though I do not think we can really assume much about what it was going to be, maybe it could be something you can put on youtube, or maybe something else?

While Kovu is not here to show us what it might have become, we can atleast imagine what it could have been like.

I would like to believe it could be something where you can combine the all of the other 'makers' and use to create a movie, y'know, selecting a map, a weather, placing down objects, and then even characters, which you can set to do an action a certain time.

Just brainstorming there x3 Well anyway, while we may never know what that button could of held, due to Kovu's absence, we may, at least, dream.

Offline Scarlet[]Death

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 03:05:22 pm »
It would of been great to have the "Movie Maker" finished if Fh were ever updated. I have alwaya wondered what the "Movie Maker" was.

If the "Movie Maker" tool was finished, I would definitely play with it, record some gameplay, but I wouldn't make youtube videos because I'm not allowed to. //parental reasons

I would love to have the actions, effects, text, and all that. Maybe even add some new things to the "Movie Maker" if people started making new actions, effects, etc. for the "Movie Maker" tool & were downloadable.

But even though FH will probably never be updated again (then again it just might! all we need to keep is hope.) Yes, we could always dream of how the "Movie Maker" would be.

If it were ever a finished I bet a whole lot of people would appreciate it!

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 06:17:55 pm »
I imagine it like the in-game movie maker, but with more advanced features... but I think what Scarlet said would make a bit more sense, and would be easier to use.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 06:38:34 pm by TwistedLizard »

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 08:17:32 pm »
Since I was stalking around in the files I did read what the captions might be in the WIP Movie Maker, and by that my guess is that there is a timeline of stuff, and that you can choose the map, and then choose, create, and edit characters to add in.

But, for now we basically have to only guess and hope, since as said before Feralheart may or may not ever be updated again.

Offline TheApplePie

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • I breathe dan howell
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2014, 09:25:09 pm »
I think that it would let you record a scene like in the in-game version but with more options, and it would let you set your scenes out in a scene timeline like on sky maker. Then it would allow you to export into your media folder and then you can do whatever you want with all the scenes put together.

let's be emo in a gerard way

http://fiixl.deviantart.com/

Offline StarrieNova

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2014, 05:53:37 am »
I know I would use it!

I was always curious as to what that tool was going to be, but I have been wishing to make YouTube videos of Feral Heart for a long time. I would hope that the tool would be finished. If I were to make YouTube videos of Feral Heart it would either be music videos or videos of all the funny things me and friends do online.

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble

Offline FuzzyTeddy

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2014, 05:56:26 pm »
I want to be able to use the Movie Maker. Do you have to download it? Or is it just FH update?
  :'(

Offline kiaz1st

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 44
  • The Rogue
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • View Profile
    • Kiaz Site
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2014, 07:13:40 pm »
Nobody can use the movie maker, as it is unfinished. Because Kovu, the creator of FeralHeart, has left, and taken the source code with him, we may only speculate what it could have been like ;3 hope this helped, I sort of had to rush x3

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2014, 07:17:33 pm »
I want to be able to use the Movie Maker. Do you have to download it? Or is it just FH update?
  :'(

Movie Maker was supposed to be added into FH in later updates, but sadly KovuLKD, the games creator left back in 2011 without a word, taking the source code with him. Without that source, nobody can edit the game to finish such items in the game. So, it was supposed to be an update until that happened, therefore there is no download hun, sorry.
But, if it was there, I would imagne kind of a video recording addon to it. It would be very useful to youtubers without fraps or bandicam to record their own videos.

~ Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves