Author Topic: Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion  (Read 4625 times)

Offline SL138197

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
  • Thank ye' TinyTail.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion
« on: September 17, 2014, 05:50:42 pm »
Hello Mai Friends!

So, anyways I play this really amazing game (I'm basically going to explain the whole thing to you...) called Oblivion.  
It's the game before the 5th one (durrr) called Skyrim.  
Oblivion, in my opinion is a lot better with the storyline, since it has a large quest availability and instead of "Kill the Bad Guy" it's "Save the Emperor's Son and all of Tamriel!".  
I like the graphics more, mostly because my piece of crap computer can handle it.  
Anyways, now onto the gameplay!

(Note: These are not specifically from my game, since I cannot film mine.)

The Imperial City:

Oblivion also includes several DLCs, such as Shimmering Isles and Knights of the Nine (I have both).
It also includes Horse Armour - as well as many other various weapons, and enchantment addons.
It also includes thousands and thousands of mods to choose from to make your gaming experience better, and more enjoyable.
It also allows you to get a steam version IF you have the real, purchased version so that you don't have to find the disc.
(Very helpful when you're sharing the game with 3 other people!)

THIS...Is Oblivion.
~River~

List Of Mods:
(All are found on nexusmods.com)
(Listed in no particular order)

1. Imperial Legion Faction
2. Woodland Rangers
3. Luchaire's Dryad Race non-OBSE
4. Elemental Horses
5. Duke Patricks - Double Arrow Nock Shot
6. HorseCombatMaster
7. DMRangerArmor
8. Alternative Start by Robert Evrae
9. Companion Vilja
10. Faster Arrows
11. Deadly Reflex
12. HoarfrostCastle
13. Packhorses
14. RealSwords (Any Race, I have Nord)
15. Ridable Wolf
16. Tharanthiel's Deer Mount
17. Zira's Horse Modpack
18. Zira's Niben Bay Castle
19. Slof's Horses
20. Reznod Mannequin (XD)
21. Oblivion Character Overhaul
I'll update this list, considering I download like 20 new ones every day.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 08:32:56 pm by ~River~ »
DeviantArt: Riverthefluffybum
Minecraft: artsy_gamer906

Offline Anathema

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 59
    • View Profile
Re: Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 06:06:21 pm »
Ah, Oblivion - even with its quirks this game holds a special place in my heart, and is still one of my most favourite games of all time. Years ago I played this incessantly, perhaps spending thousands of hours on it; I would play it from the moment I woke up to the moment I went to bed, and no second was dull. Unfortunately I haven't felt Skyrim the same way, which is  a shame; Skyrim has potential, but for me it's bogged down by the mind-numbingly dumb story. Oblivion's story, while similar (save the world), was ultimately smarter - plus Cyrodiil was a more aesthetically pleasing environment, whereas Skyrim is a relatively dull wasteland. I'm happy to know there's still people that play and appreciate this game ^^

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 06:45:52 pm »

Oblivion! I got it last year when it was in a sale on Steam. I loved it. The dark brotherhood questline was my favourite; much better than the one in Skyrim, although the Skyrim dark brotherhood quests tug at my heartstrings at times. They did the Oblivion gates really well too. I actually got scared going in them xD And the quest where you're outside Bruma, and they open a Great Gate and you have to go inside it and close it in like...5 minutes or something! I can't remember how long the time limit was.
I couldn't choose a favourite between Oblivion and Skyrim...they both have good things and bad things about them. Admittedly, Oblivion runs better on my actual fossil of a laptop and the environments seem lusher, but Skyrim has dragons and werewolves so... they're both very good in different ways in my mind.

Also, thanks for making this topic. I have somewhere to geek out about the Elder Scrolls now. xD

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline SL138197

• Community Champion
  • Thank ye' TinyTail.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 01:01:19 pm »
Ah, Oblivion - even with its quirks this game holds a special place in my heart, and is still one of my most favourite games of all time. Years ago I played this incessantly, perhaps spending thousands of hours on it; I would play it from the moment I woke up to the moment I went to bed, and no second was dull. Unfortunately I haven't felt Skyrim the same way, which is  a shame; Skyrim has potential, but for me it's bogged down by the mind-numbingly dumb story. Oblivion's story, while similar (save the world), was ultimately smarter - plus Cyrodiil was a more aesthetically pleasing environment, whereas Skyrim is a relatively dull wasteland. I'm happy to know there's still people that play and appreciate this game ^^
Aye, it's a very fun place to explore, even with bugs. 
Yep, Skyrim had such good potential for many things, but as you stated, Oblivion's questline is smarter, and has a nice environment to explore.  Especially with companions -glares at Vilja-.

Oblivion! I got it last year when it was in a sale on Steam. I loved it. The dark brotherhood questline was my favourite; much better than the one in Skyrim, although the Skyrim dark brotherhood quests tug at my heartstrings at times. They did the Oblivion gates really well too. I actually got scared going in them xD And the quest where you're outside Bruma, and they open a Great Gate and you have to go inside it and close it in like...5 minutes or something! I can't remember how long the time limit was.
I couldn't choose a favourite between Oblivion and Skyrim...they both have good things and bad things about them. Admittedly, Oblivion runs better on my actual fossil of a laptop and the environments seem lusher, but Skyrim has dragons and werewolves so... they're both very good in different ways in my mind.

Also, thanks for making this topic. I have somewhere to geek out about the Elder Scrolls now. xD
Sweet! 
Aye, the Dark Brotherhood quest line was amazing, though I feel it could have added more to it. 
The Gates of Oblivion never ceased to amaze me.  I don't remember a time limit O_O.
Actually, if you want werewolves in Oblivion there are several mods...I favor the Curse of Hircine.
I'll put a list of mods I have currently, so you guys can see 'em. :D

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 08:08:59 pm »
ahajslqn Do you even know how important this game is to me? ;-; I grew up watching my brothers play it when I was about 7. Blood and gore didn't exactly bother me. After about a year or two they stopped playing it and moved onto Skyrim. I never saw it ever again. But over summer break I found the game disk. I decided that I wanted to try the game out myself, and that night I stayed up all night playing it. I as so fascinated by the story line. It was also amazing to see everything I could remember. I vividly remember the beginning of the game (starting out in a prison, seeing the emporer, etc.), the oblivion gates, and the Arena. My brothers spent all of their time there. The only faction I truly remember was the Dark Brotherhood, specifically the sanctuary. The characters I remembered were the Grey Prince, Owyn, Sheogorath, and Lucien Lahchance. Going back to the game felt so good. Too bad no one else my age plays games such as the Elder Scrolls, eh?

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline SL138197

• Community Champion
  • Thank ye' TinyTail.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2014, 08:31:46 pm »
ahajslqn Do you even know how important this game is to me? ;-; I grew up watching my brothers play it when I was about 7. Blood and gore didn't exactly bother me. After about a year or two they stopped playing it and moved onto Skyrim. I never saw it ever again. But over summer break I found the game disk. I decided that I wanted to try the game out myself, and that night I stayed up all night playing it. I as so fascinated by the story line. It was also amazing to see everything I could remember. I vividly remember the beginning of the game (starting out in a prison, seeing the emporer, etc.), the oblivion gates, and the Arena. My brothers spent all of their time there. The only faction I truly remember was the Dark Brotherhood, specifically the sanctuary. The characters I remembered were the Grey Prince, Owyn, Sheogorath, and Lucien Lahchance. Going back to the game felt so good. Too bad no one else my age plays games such as the Elder Scrolls, eh?
*raises hand* I'm a year older than you :D
The Dark Brotherhood is truly amazing...*fangirl*
Sometime when I get a higher level I might take a screenie, since my computer crapped out...About 100hrs of gameplay is lost. :(

Offline Anathema

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2014, 08:47:22 pm »
It is a shame that the current generation is more into Skyrim; Skyrim is an amazing game, but for me Oblivion's where it's at. I'm happy that we're all fans of it, here ^^

Also, ~River~, Deadly Reflex is an amazing mod. xD Did you know there's a Skyrim version called Deadly Mutilation?

Offline SL138197

• Community Champion
  • Thank ye' TinyTail.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2014, 03:39:27 am »
It is a shame that the current generation is more into Skyrim; Skyrim is an amazing game, but for me Oblivion's where it's at. I'm happy that we're all fans of it, here ^^

Also, ~River~, Deadly Reflex is an amazing mod. xD Did you know there's a Skyrim version called Deadly Mutilation?
O-O No, I did not.
I have a question for you lovely floofs!
Q: Is there an Oblivion mod that will alllow me to shoot arrows from horseback? (totally not obsessed with Brave)

Offline Anathema

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2014, 05:23:21 am »

O-O No, I did not.
I have a question for you lovely floofs!
Q: Is there an Oblivion mod that will alllow me to shoot arrows from horseback? (totally not obsessed with Brave)

I don't know of any, and I'm not sure if mounted combat with bows is possible. There is this one mod that was uploaded a while back, and it seems to be the only one of its kind, here: http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/8962/?

It allows for spellcasting while on horseback, and it apparently changes the horse behavior to be a little bit more like that of Mount and Blade.

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2014, 06:15:03 pm »
*raises hand* I'm a year older than you :D
The Dark Brotherhood is truly amazing...*fangirl*
Sometime when I get a higher level I might take a screenie, since my computer crapped out...About 100hrs of gameplay is lost. :(

oooo, yay XD I remember being a Khajit and just leveling up so much on sneak. Then when I got to around level 99 sneak I would just break into every store and pickpocket people. Good times XD

Yeah, Skyrim's an amazing game but I couldn't choose a favorite. Both games have their ups and downs. Both have amazing stories and characters.

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.