Author Topic: Callout to mapmakers who want to help port Impressive Title maps to FH.  (Read 667 times)

Offline Kwibjo

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 47
    • View Profile
So not so recently, I picked up the Impressive Title source code, made my own server and derped around for a while and it got me thinking about porting all the maps from KITO/IT to Feral Heart as a casual project over the next month or so. I've already started on it but its taking upwards of 3 hours to move a map over and something on a scale like this is probably going to take an eternity to do myself.

I looked around on the forum and I'm surprised no one has attempted this yet. And for anyone who didn't get a chance to explore IT in its past glory this would be an opportunity for them to experience it now. Not to mention new public maps for people to use and RP on.

But, if you're looking to help me out you need to be able to do a few things.
I can help explain it to you but you need to be willing to work on this with me.
  • Convert the old height maps from grayscale to RGB since FH allows more than than 2 textures on a map at any time meaning you'd need a decent image editor like Gimp or Photoshop.
  • Be able to read and understand the original .cfg, .world and .material files from the maps.
  • Convert the original models, weather, emitters and other things to a format that is compatible with FH.

If you're intrested in my insane project, add me on Skype tobias.hagen7 :D
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 03:52:56 pm by Kwibjo »

Not around much anymore but add me on Discord if you want to chat. jellyfish2224

Offline TheApplePie

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • I breathe dan howell
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for mapmakers to help me with a project.
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 03:39:36 pm »
This may not be the right answer to your question, but I would be honored to create a few hightmaps for the maps, nothing more I', afraid. I do know some people that do those things though, and they might pop up here sometime.

If the game has it's website, I will be registering right away. c: It looks exiting.
If not, I would also be happy to make one using pro-boards.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 03:45:26 pm by Acrylics »

let's be emo in a gerard way

http://fiixl.deviantart.com/

Offline Kwibjo

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 47
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for mapmakers to help me with a project.
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 03:51:34 pm »
This may not be the right answer to your question, but I would be honored to create a few hightmaps for the maps, nothing more I', afraid. I do know some people that do those things though, and they might pop up here sometime.

If the game has it's website, I will be registering right away. c: It looks exiting.
If not, I would also be happy to make one using pro-boards.

It would be amazing if you did. :D

Here's a link to the terrain masks: https://mega.co.nz/#!pJUhTTwY!2wb_It9sRSKYk57YLVSsf_2RR5h8NbVNBouo2AI_VXk
 All it needs is to be changed from B&W to Red & Green
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 03:53:37 pm by Kwibjo »

Not around much anymore but add me on Discord if you want to chat. jellyfish2224