Author Topic: What is your favorite map?  (Read 2615 times)

Offline Gremlin

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
    • Volkohva
    • View Profile
    • DA
What is your favorite map?
« on: October 15, 2014, 07:49:37 am »
Heya!~ How are you guys?

I'm just curious, I love to fool around with maps though I have yet to actually release any,
but anyways~

I was just wondering, what is everyones favorite type of map? Favorite map size? What do you like to see in maps? Your favorite type(s) or your favorite in game map?
Do you like forests, cities, lots o water, mountains, creepy stuff, caves, snow, fan-maps such as tlk or warrior cat based, maps based on a world from a book/movie/anime? What do yeh guys like?  :)

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
Re: What is your favorite map?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 03:22:42 pm »
What is everyones favorite type of map? Favorite map size?

Personally, the bigger the better.

I've always liked large maps, because that meant it would take longer to explore and it was generally a lot more fun to me than a small map(Not saying small ones are bad, just saying that I like big maps).

Do you like forests, cities, lots o water, mountains, creepy stuff, caves, snow, fan-maps such as tlk or warrior cat based, maps based on a world from a book/movie/anime?

Truthfully, I like forests, with maybe a few rivers and lakes, possibly snow.
But mountains... Those are amazing if pulled off correctly, and cities I do take a kick out of running around in.

And fanmaps..... I've never really been to one, but if there was one based on Portal, the Xanth novels of Halo, I would just.... Never leave. That's how amazing it would be for me.

What do you like to see in maps?

Lots and lots of details.
Preferably something I could probably see if I went on a walk outside, whether in the city of some random forest.
As long as it has good detail, and plenty to explore, I'm pretty content.(Although, if it had little secrets and hidey holes here and there, I'd fall in love with it instantly(Seriously, just one heartbeat and then BAM. Loving it).

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

lindaminda

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 04:28:50 pm »
Well, I like big maps with many secret caves, waterfalls, lakes, trees and grass.
I don't prefer desert maps or creepy maps. Im more into forest maps.
I love big trees, yas, lots of trees :D

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 06:12:31 pm »
I personally love large, diverse, multi-biome/terrain maps. I love exploring and if I'm roleplaying, claim my den. :3
Public maps, I like Flourite Plains because it's huge, and has a lot of caves and rocks and such.

I also LOVE creepy maps. I'm the kind of roleplayer that makes that one creepy (but still fun and kind) character that makes their den in the giant skeleton/bone heap.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline Gremlin

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
    • Volkohva
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2014, 09:05:05 pm »
Oh, coolio!~ I especially wasn't sure if people liked larger maps or not or would find them overwhelming. .w.
I like large maps as well, with weird landscape/creative ideas with lots of accessable rivers/streams/ponds/etc, with hidden little easter eggs here and there~

Offline Monol

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Phoenix Dragon is Best Dragon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2014, 09:11:09 pm »
I'd say lots of water, some mountains, some snow, yeah.