Author Topic: Fluorite Plains?  (Read 1677 times)

Offline Monol

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Phoenix Dragon is Best Dragon.
    • View Profile
Fluorite Plains?
« on: October 18, 2014, 03:15:40 pm »
They say Fluorite is the most populated area in Feral Heart; but when I go there it's pretty much dead. There's nobody chatting, and there's only about 5 people hanging around the portal. Where is everyone? I find Bonfire to be much more populated. I guess its just because Bonfire is a small island and not huge plains.

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
Re: Fluorite Plains?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 03:19:25 pm »
Most people in Fluorite hang out by 'Stone Bridge', where a lot of people advertise for their roleplays. Others roleplay out in the forests with some groups.

Fluorite Plains is indeed the most popular map. Just look around in certain places, and you'll find lots of people there. c:

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2014, 03:58:37 pm »
Yeah... pretty much what Devy said. Also, Bonfire is a MUCH smaller area. So in truth, Flourite has more people, just more spread out.
I mean, think of it like this:
Take 10 marbles. Put them in a paper cup. The cup looks ridiculously full, right?
Put 15 marbles in a bathtub. It looks like NOTHING, correct?
Smaller areas have larger population densities, if that makes any sense.

Either way, no matter WHERE you go... you can always find people to chat with. Even Last Cave has a good group of floofs there every once and a while. ;)

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2014, 04:09:25 pm »
Often times it depends on when you're online and what time of the year it is. I notice there are less people online during the start of school semesters or when exam seasons are kicking in. I've seen Flourite become very busy around the afternoon hours my time as well as around Saturdays and Fridays. Another thing to keep in mind is that many people use Fluorite as an advertising spot for mapped rps. Once groups gather at Fluorite they leave to their own private maps. Given that the game hasn't had an update in a while it's easy to see why users are getting bored of rping in the same old areas of Fluorite.

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2014, 04:21:23 pm »
Fluorite Plains is generally the more populated map. However, the difference between the Plains and Bonfire is the size of the map. Bonfire is pretty small compared to the Plains which is rather big, leading to the Plains being more sparsely populated with people spread out more, and Bonfire being more densely populated with a lot of people huddled together in one place.
Of course the time of day and year is a thing to consider to, like Sura said. More people are likely to be online during the summer holidays and half terms when less people have school rather than the autumn and spring terms when people have started the new academic year and prepare for exams. Weekends are a little busier as well, for obvious reasons; people don't tend to go to work or school on these days and have a bit of time to chill and relax.

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2014, 04:44:09 pm »
Just as the others have said, Bonfire may seem more populated and that's because it's a smaller amount of space and is way more dense. Fluorite, on the other hand, is a large map and it is indeed more populated, it's just that all the floofs there are spread out across the map c: Just look around, and I'm sure you'll be able to find someone to chat or roleplay with
Farewell everyone<3

Offline Turtl

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Smallest profile picture to date.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2014, 05:43:48 pm »
Flourite plains is the biggest map in the entirity of FH atleast the biggest default map, Because of this its population is entirely scattered over the barren fields which we know and love generally landmarks are more populated such as the portal to the cape of distant worlds. And ofcourse time also matters, because timezones
"Quiet people have the loudest minds."
- Stephen Hawking