Author Topic: "FeralHeart.exe has stopped working." NO, REALLY?  (Read 3543 times)

Offline Infinity117

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • i don’t use this anymore. thanks for the memories!
    • View Profile
"FeralHeart.exe has stopped working." NO, REALLY?
« on: October 28, 2014, 12:28:37 am »
'Ello there!
See, I'm using a Windows Seven, and the stupid game won't open >.<  Every single time I try to open it! Every. Single. Time. "FeralHeart.exe has stopped working. Windows will notify you if any solutions are available." Well, ya know what? I DON'T CARE, WINDOWS! All I wanted was to go and have fun with my BloodClawClan friends on Sorrelcloud Dx It's 8:45 PM for me right now, and Monday, Oct. 27th. Any suggestions on how to make this old thing open FeralHeart? Anyone else having this problem? It won't even let me to the part where the screen has Kiza (One of Kov's drawings from DeviantART) and it says KOVUWORKS at the top. HALPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :-\ Mebbe the game's just too full on the one server to let me in, but still O.O

~Infinity117
i don’t play FH anymore. thanks for the memories!

if you knew me in-game, hit me up through the messaging system. maybe i’ll see it.

Offline SL138197

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
  • Thank ye' TinyTail.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
Re: "FeralHeart.exe has stopped working." NO, REALLY?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 12:48:19 am »
Hmm, I can attempt to at least get you somewhere.  

1)
When it closes, does it say that you're missing a .DLL File?  If so, I re-installed my game, and it fixed it.

2)
Or, don't double-click the game, instead RIGHT-click it, and select "Run As Administrator" and if you have Admin rights, it should launch fine, I did the same thing for me.

If this fails, lemme know so I can try and mess around with mine.
DeviantArt: Riverthefluffybum
Minecraft: artsy_gamer906

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 12:53:19 am »
If River's suggestions do not work, I'd recommend taking a look at these:
Changing the game's rendering system from outside the actual game is quite simple.
First, go into C: > Feralheart. If you look at the FH main folder, you will see a file called:
"orge.cfg"
Click it, and open it with "notepad" or any other program that you can edit text files with. Doesn't ask to change it? Right click the file (make sure you're not clicking the Feralheart folder itself) go to properties > " change..." and search for notepad on your computer,

Look at the first two lines in the orge.cfg file. That is where you change the game's rendering sysyem to either OpenGL or DirectX

If you followed everything that was typed and the instructions in the pictures, you should have successfully switched your rendering system.

Didn't work? Keep reading.

-Solution 2-
The next (hopefully) solution is also simple. Simply search for FearlHeart's folder in your computer and open it. You'll see a bunch of folders and some files. Look for the folder named "media" an then click it. Once you see all of those new folders, click the "particles" folder. (Simpfied: C:/Feralheart/media/particles) You'll see some random files in there with exotic names such as star aura, etc. Those particles are those moving animations in game, like the smoke in Sky's Rim. Sometimes when the game crashes or you accidently install a map incorrectly, those particle files duplicate, and you do not want that to happen. If you see any particle files that end with a _0, _1, and so on, delete them. That's a possible reason why Feralheart crashes once it turns on. Computers aren't very good at distinguishing differences in files with the same names, unless they are different file extentions. Sometimes particles can also find their way into the my_objects folder which is in C:/Feralheart/media/objects/my_objects. If you still don't see any, you can also search in computer "particle."

Didn't work? Keep Reading.

-Solution 3-
Just as particle files can duplicate, so can those pesky mesh files in the my_objects in C:/Feralheart/media/objects/my_objects. If you see any files in there (if you have any in there) that end in _0, _1, and so on, delete them.

Didn't work? Keep reading.

-Solution 4-
Next, your best option would be to reinstall Feralheart via a new installer. What I mean by that is when you downloaded FH off the site, you didn't automatically get FH onto your computer; you go an installer. Go to here and download the setup ONLY. Do not download the patch or the torrent. Wait until that setup has been downloaded from the internet, and then run it. Install Feralheart, and see if it works!

Offline Infinity117

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • i don’t use this anymore. thanks for the memories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 12:58:28 am »
Mk, thanks guys, I'll try these things. Strange, though, FH was working fine for me yesterday!
~Infinity117

1)
When it closes, does it say that you're missing a .DLL File?  If so, I re-installed my game, and it fixed it.

2)
Or, don't double-click the game, instead RIGHT-click it, and select "Run As Administrator" and if you have Admin rights, it should launch fine, I did the same thing for me.

'Ello, bit more recent modify right now!
River, I'm not an admin and probably never will be one xD and I don't see anything after I crash saying I'm missing a .DLL file.

~Infinity117
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 01:03:23 am by EternalSnowyClaw »
i don’t play FH anymore. thanks for the memories!

if you knew me in-game, hit me up through the messaging system. maybe i’ll see it.

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 03:06:09 am »

1)
When it closes, does it say that you're missing a .DLL File?  If so, I re-installed my game, and it fixed it.

2)

'Ello, bit more recent modify right now!
River, I'm not an admin and probably never will be one xD and I don't see anything after I crash saying I'm missing a .DLL file.

~Infinity117
Just like what River said, if you right click the FH icon on the desktop, you will see an option called "Run as Admin" you can click that and if you are the admin of the computer (the first account that was made on the computer) you can get instant access. If you need a password, get that password and it will accept it and you will get access.

If this doesn't work, try reinstalling anyways.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 03:07:46 am by OhKelseyYou »

Offline Skan

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Nobody suspects a thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 05:20:09 am »
I had this problem constantly with every game on my Vista, and still have this problem with a lot of my games on Windows 8... If you haven't gotten FH to work yet, and you've tried what the others have suggested, then you could be having a DEP problem, aka Data Execution Prevention. To put it simply, DEP hates you, your games, and your computer programs overall. It will go out of its way to ensure you cannot play games and programs even though there's nothing wrong with them. It will also strike randomly on games and programs that worked just fine the day before. It's a broken feature that should have been done away with long ago.

...but anyways, what you want to do is open your Control Panel, go to System and Security, and then go to System. Then go to Advanced System Settings, then under the Performance tab (or Performance section, whatever, you might have to search the tabs for it, but it should be the only thing labeled Performance in the dialog box) click on Settings (or Performance Settings, not sure what it will be called in Windows 7).

After that another dialog box will pop up, and one of its tabs should say Data Execution Prevention. Click on it, and then make sure "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select" is selected. Then go down and click "Add..." This will allow you to add Feral Heart as an exception to the dreaded DEP. Find FeralHeart.exe from the Open dialog box (It will be in your Feral Heart folder, obviously, so just find that, and it will be the only thing that shows up in the folder besides other empty folders and the uninstall application). After you add Feral Heart to the list, click "Ok" on the bottom of the dialog box to save your new setting.

If this doesn't end up working, then you will have harmed/changed absolutely nothing by adding Feral Heart to you DEP exception list. It will not effect gameplay, performance, or absolutely anything. But if you wish to remove Feral Heart from the DEP list just make sure that the box next to Feral Heart is the only box checked, them simply click Remove.

(If you can't find any of the tabs I talked about, or if things are labeled a lot differently, try here instead: http://www.online-tech-tips.com/windows-xp/disable-turn-off-dep-windows/)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 05:24:42 am by Octocat »
Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Offline Dancing With Wolves

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Always not okay
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2014, 01:46:59 pm »
This might sound weird... and of topic, but how do i post a blog? Like what you did here? How do i do that?

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2014, 02:14:21 pm »
A few solutions for "Feralheart.exe has stopped working" and this quote:

Usually uninstalling and deleting the entire game and folder works.

Sometimes this FeralHeart.exe error message can occur when you are trying to get into a crowded map like Fluorite. If this is the case just keep trying until you can get in, or just use the character reset option at the top right of the forum and get your character to a less crowded region.

You can also try going into the game's options through the main menu and then go into video settings.
From there you can:
Set Anti Aliasing to 0
Turn Water Reflection off
Set View Distance to 0
Changing your rendering system between OpenGL & Direct3D9

Also if you've ever downloaded any mod(s) at some point files could have been deleted or rearranged. Sometimes double particles appear in you particle folder. If you do find double particles delete the duplicates.
If all else fails maybe try refering to this:
[url=http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=26735.0]http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=26735.0[/url]
Can't think of anything else right now but I hope something here works. Goodluck.

should work. Also, you can take a look here - What is Feralheart.exe and How To Fix It?

Good luck, floof.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 02:17:26 pm by Moontwist »

Signature art by Kynvuu