Author Topic: I shouldn't be used to this: The consitancy of crashing.  (Read 784 times)

Offline Squee

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
I shouldn't be used to this: The consitancy of crashing.
« on: November 11, 2014, 06:06:39 pm »
Before I get people leaping down my throat about:
 A. The server maintenace (I'm well aware of them and know they have nothing to with this, I believe)
OR
 B. The inconsistancy of my internet stability (Because quite frankly, there is NOTHING wrong with my internet)

I'm here (which is a rare commodity) on the business of frequent crashing with absolutely nothing wrong with my game, internet connection etc...

It is consistant, I know the routine by now and shouldn't that, for one thing, tell you how often it happens. I feel I should include that no longer is it just a time after time occurance. It has become a daily affair for me to deal with, if I'm lucky, it will happen once, maybe twice. My worst day, consisted of SIX consequetive crashes with the following happening:

1. Game suddenly stops, shuts down window.

I log in again

2. Floating. My character will stay on some invisible plain of elevation consistant with the level I was previously on when moving to lower terrain.

I restart.

3. Step 2 repeats.

I restart.

4. I am in my previous zone for a total of 15-30 seconds, and yes I've timed it (What else could I do) before 'transporting' either to the corner by 'L' Island in Fluorite (Which is actually the ONLY place this ever happens) or possessing other people's characters. And I never get the nice ones to possess.

I restart.

5. Finally, I get to enjoy the game without further delay, until three minutes later when I crash again.

Now. Before you suggest:

A) Maybe you're in too populated a region (I'm not an idiot and don't go near Stone Bridge in peak hour, I stick to the Right hand side of N/Z in empty areas)
B) Maybe you shouldn't be in Fluorite ( T_T You're lucky I can't swear at you)

I find it absolutely shocking, first off, that I know the steps of these crashes to the tee to the extent where I don't even bother apologizing until the fifth time I log in. I find it even SADDER that I have TIMED the intervals in which I can be in-game before the next step occurs. Even worse, the sample space for that timing was taken out of 10 samples of crashes that occured to me.

I've reached the point, where I'm so close to rage-quitting the game until it gets itself together, I may seem dramatic but you'll understand why as this, has been happening for the LAST SIX MONTHS. I've slipped into the forums to see if anyone could possibly shed some light on the situation, or even tell me they have a similar problem because then I won't need to throw my CPU out the window in frustration that it won't spit up it's reasons for being bratty.

Thank you.

Squee

Signature by Velkss! :)

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
Re: I shouldn't be used to this: The consitancy of crashing.
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 07:09:59 pm »
First of all, does your game lag?

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: I shouldn't be used to this: The consitancy of crashing.
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 09:13:41 pm »
One very important thing to point out if you weren't aware.

When you DO crash, don't get hasty and just try to re-connect over, and over, and over and over again. Instead be patient and give it at the very least a full minute before going on the same character again.

Every time you crash, it may take a while before your actual character gets booted off the game by the server. If you try to re-connect before it times out, you will more likely face things like walking in air, not being able to use collisions, spawning in corners of the map, or just crashing after a while or even right away when connecting. Be patient every time you crash and all the headache that you listed here afterwards will be gone.

As far as the initial crashing goes it can be a few different things, but the most common is when you look STRAIGHT up in the sky. There's some sort of odd glitch(memory leak?) which can cause your game to crash, especially if you're the type that tabs out and in a lot when playing. Even I myself have this issue and the solution to this is not to look plainly straight up, but just a slight angle and it doesn't crash nearly as much. If it really is this in your case I do not know, but it could be something to keep in mind.
Former community manager of FeralHeart