Author Topic: Important Question (possibly need Staff help)  (Read 1002 times)

Offline ArctosAnima

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Important Question (possibly need Staff help)
« on: November 13, 2014, 11:53:07 pm »
Hey, all! Skye here. I hope you're all doing well!

I have a slight issue that I remembered I heard about somewhere, and I need it cleared up for me.
You see, I got my boyfriend to agree to play FH with me! Back when registration opened a few months ago and I joined, I made an account for him too, in case he ever wanted to play after I introduced it to him.

Back when I made his account, I signed in from my laptop and made him a "bear" out of a lion, just so he could have something to start with in case he didn't want to mess with the creator too much.

We were going to set up the game on his computer and play together tonight. I told him to do the torrent since the download was being weird last night and not working right, but that's another issue.

My problem here is this: I live in Florida. I moved down to the Tampa area over a year ago, from my hometown. My old town is where he lives, of course....which is in New York state.
I coulda sworn I saw something somewhere mentioning that if you sign in from another IP address that the server doesn't recognize as the "right" computer, that you'd automatically get banned or something from the game....Is this a true thing?

If it is, is there any way I can avoid it or fix it, so my boyfriend doesn't get banned before he even gets to play?

If possible, I would like staff help too. This way, if he does get banned, they see this and can help me work it out.

Thanks, everyone! I hope to get replies quickly as we hope to set up the game very soon.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 12:02:25 am by Skye »

Offline Sherlockian

• Yes, it means I'm bread
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • Lynxy nuzzles <3
    • View Profile
Re: Important Question (possibly need Staff help)
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 01:16:38 am »
If I understood your question right, you don't get banned from signing in on a computer with another IP address ^^
The only way you could get banned is by signing into a computer with an IP address that is linked to a banned player. But if neither of you have been banned then you're fine to play. :P
Please, feel free to call me Genny. x)