Author Topic: Serpent River Map (Revamped) [WIP]  (Read 1138 times)

Offline ToastGhost

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
    • View Profile
Serpent River Map (Revamped) [WIP]
« on: November 14, 2014, 09:38:53 pm »
Well, I'm back after a year-long hiatus, and now it seems I lost all progress on my maps. So! I decided to re-do some of them. My Serpent River territory map is simply the first of many.

I know, I know, you're wondering, "Who are you anyways? What maps have you made?" And I understand completely. I'm not the most active player, nor the most social. So I'll let my previous maps speak for me.

And now, some screenshots. It's still in progress, and I'm linking at least one other map to it.

The view from the top of a hill.

A field with flowers, looking at part of the oak tree forest.

The orange pine forest on one of the river's bends.

Inside part of the oak forest.

The waterfall that feeds the Serpent River. Behind it lies the entrance to the Honeycomb, the cave system that houses the dens.

The broken dam. The valley used to be a lake, but the dam broke, and a winding river was reborn.

------------------------------

I used many different meshes from several mesh-makers. I will take the time to review every item that I used, and give the makers their appropriate credit.

Also, if you do see one of your meshes being used, please let me know! I downloaded many of these meshes a very long time ago, and I'll have to hunt through the forums to find them again. So if you let me know, that's one less I have to hunt for. So it would be much appreciated!

------------------------------

Mesh Credits
Sly
Glave
Muser
Thierry

And many more!

« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 09:45:58 pm by Toast »

Offline PennsylvaniaRedneck

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Message me roleplay links, I'd love to join.
    • View Profile
Re: Serpent River Map (Revamped) [WIP]
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 09:59:40 pm »
Wow, that's fantastic! I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for more of your remakes.
"I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." ~ Sarah Williams

My interests include art, reading, roleplaying, writing, Asssassin's Creed, Doctor Who, The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, Marvel comics and movies, Merlin BBC, Once Upon A Time, Percy Jackson, Sherlock BBC, Supernatural, The Walking Dead, and Wolf's Rain.

Offline Kastilla

• my mind is a sieve for inspiration.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 71
  • [ ] make time go faster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 10:42:32 pm »
Magnifique!
This is a stunning and well-designed map indeed.
I love all forest maps, big trees, foliage, just all nature in a virtual mode. c':
stinky dog coming through, don't mind me!

Offline ToastGhost

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2014, 08:36:29 pm »
Thanks guys! I'll be working on it more once I get back to my computer. Any suggestions would be welcome as well. It feels kinda empty. I'm looking to add some tree stumps and fallen trees possibly, along with mushrooms in the oak forest. The meadow also needs something, but I'm not sure yet...