Author Topic: Design Craze  (Read 2743 times)

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
Design Craze
« on: November 21, 2014, 08:58:55 pm »
I can't be the only one that does this.

So I make a new character. 5 Minutes later, I go back and edit that character. The next day, I give it a completely new design. After about a week, I change it's name. The end result: updating your preset's .fhp every other day.
And in the end, I just give up and delete the character.

Anyone else find themselves in this position?

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: Design Craze
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 09:08:25 pm »
To be honest I rarely ever change my characters once I design them. Changing their design starts to make them less and less of who they originally were too me. The only time I've ever changed my characters if if I feel the preset is outdated and I'd like to try remaking them with my most recent skills and abilities. In the rare instances that I've "changed" a character's appearance it was only a slight detail like adding in a new scar from an injury they gained or improving upon an old design. (Example as is the case with Lord Suragaha when I cleaned up his old preset). I guess I can say that I get too attached to my characters to ever want to change them. For the reasons you mentioned above is why I usually take a lot of time to consider their design before taking the efforts of making a preset.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 09:12:03 pm by LordSuragaha »

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 09:20:22 pm »
YOU DIDN'T DELETE NEVICA DID YOU

I don't usually do this, but a few characters in particular--mostly my hyena characters--I do once in a while. In fact, for one of my main characters, I even drew a little thing showing her design changes.

Some character's designs I change after a year or so, when I realize I don't like the design. Or in most cases, the character was made a while ago and it's design showed my... noobness. Like my hyena character, Msonge, who had lots of black markings that really didn't look good to me, and I changed him. But, then other characters I've almost never changed, like Turtle.

Offline Kastilla

• my mind is a sieve for inspiration.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 71
  • [ ] make time go faster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 11:03:26 pm »
I've changed my fursona numbers of times, but... I've had Wolfie since 7th grade, so that's been.... 2 years, yes. At first she was just a meaningless character, just something to be an alias. But then, I drew a picture of a dog with floppy ears and a docked tail - then I began designing and changing aspects until -- BOOM! The mutt named Wolfie Aleu Okami.
Nevertheless, I don't usually change my character designs that often. If I do, it's usually 'enhancing' (or, what I call enhancing).
stinky dog coming through, don't mind me!

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2014, 02:16:04 am »
it takes blood, sweat, and tears to get the perfect character design. not literally, but you get it.

i'm still not set with a main fursona yet, character designing is hard. i sometimes find myself changing designs often and it's a hassle.

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2014, 05:07:55 am »
I rarely edit my characters, unless it's editing a preset or just tweaking an eye color/size of the character. Heh, wouldn't say i'm just not one to edit, I just grow attached to my characters designs XD

~ Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2014, 06:41:05 pm »
it takes blood, sweat, and tears to get the perfect character design. not literally, but you get it.

i'm still not set with a main fursona yet, character designing is hard. i sometimes find myself changing designs often and it's a hassle.
I only just came up with my official fursona, and I just made her 2 days ago... took 2 months of alternating between Twist and Nevica, only to choose Checky the fox in the end...

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2014, 06:45:18 pm »
Eh? Checky the fox? -tilts head curiously-

I want to see xD

Offline Arkayy

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 40
  • YOU WANNA HAVE BAD TOM?!
    • arkayy.deviantart.com
    • Foxyhobobaggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2014, 09:26:03 pm »
Ya this happens to me a lot. I cant settle on one design and are constantly tweaking little bit and there to slowly make the design more complex and unique (since i get kind of flustered if my design is similar to someone else's). For the most part though, I use either Ryukoi, Madara or Grimmsley. They're all characters i use, though tis hard to pick one most of the time. There are a few others as well, but im still changing there designs once in a while until im satisfied with what i want. So I completely understand you there haha.

U WANNA HAV EH BAAD TOM?!

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2014, 01:30:34 am »
Eyup.

I do this. I even changed my fursona Isaac's species to canine.