Author Topic: Game Help for a friend.  (Read 1032 times)

Offline fireflye97

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 42
  • Come Chill with me in The Portal of Courts!
    • fireflye97
    • View Profile
Game Help for a friend.
« on: November 27, 2014, 11:50:17 pm »
Hi, this is for a friend of mine. She can't get to the site right now for odd reasons, so I'm asking for help for her:

Apparently, while she was adding the mass markings to the game, she accidentally moved the irrKlang.dll file from the FH folder. Now, she can't log back on. It reports that the file is missing, although she put it back in the file. Now, she can't get on the game. She's being a drama queen right now and flipping out. So please respond as quickly as possible! I'm trying to relay this message to her on a different program.

Signature created by me!
Preset created by me!
Look me up in dA: fireflye97

AlphaEclipse

Re: Game Help for a friend.
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 12:01:11 am »
Take a look at this! :3
Quote from: AlphaEclipse
Another problem quite a few players get is something similar to this:

___.DLL is missing from your computer.

A .dll file is just a file extension that is necessary for Feral Heart to run. Without these, you'll get an error.

The most common one I have seen missing would be the IRRKLANG.DLL. The irrkalng.dll is necessary to play songs correctly in Feralheart, and if this is missing you will get an error.
Here's a screenshot of the error:

How do I fix it, you may ask? Well, the first thing you want to see if where you turn Feralheart on. I'm sure most people have a little desktop icon that looks like this.

Yes? Well, do you see that little box with the blue arrow in the bottom corner of the icon? That means it's a shortcut to a file called Feralheart.exe. That Feralheart.exe file is what people use to turn Feralheart on, however, some people drag the actual Feralheart.exe file onto their desktop unknowingly and try to turn on FH. And guess what error you'll get?! Look at the picture of IrrKlang.dll above. It's easy to fix this. Simply right click that Feralheart.exe file click "cut," and then you to Feralheart's folder located directly in your C: drive. Open that folder, and right click again, and this time, click "paste." You'll see that file pop up! Now right click that new file, click "copy" then go to your desktop, right click, and click "paste as shortcut." Now click it like nothing ever happened! It should work!

Didn't work? Keep reading.

Your best option would be to reinstall Feralheart via a new installer. What I mean by that is when you downloaded FH off the site, you didn't automatically get FH onto your computer; you go an installer. Go to here and download the setup ONLY. Do not download the patch or the torrent. Wait until that setup has been downloaded from the internet, and then run it. Install Feralheart, and see if it works!

Have another .dll error that is not listed here? Go here for all your needs.

Is she 100% sure that she placed it back where it was? Make sure she put it directly into the FH main folder and not another one.

Offline fireflye97

• Dedicated Supporter
    • fireflye97
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 12:19:32 am »
She says that she put it back in the FH main folder. She's re-installing the game setup, I'll update your from there.

Signature created by me!
Preset created by me!

Offline fireflye97

• Dedicated Supporter
    • fireflye97
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 12:45:21 am »
Great news! She re-downloaded the Game setup, and now she's good to go! Thank you for the help!

Signature created by me!
Preset created by me!

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2014, 01:29:41 am »
No problem! Glad I could help.