Author Topic: Assistance requested; FH is crashing and won't start...  (Read 1111 times)

Offline Audrey

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Assistance requested; FH is crashing and won't start...
« on: December 18, 2014, 01:01:01 am »
Not working at all. I don't even get to the title or anything before it crashes.

It started, seemingly, after I downloaded that old/antique bed mesh... So I took all of that stuff out, but it didn't help.

It seems to be something with the files, because I recall, when it started acting up, I actually had an instance of the game already up, and I was opening another to work on a map/see the new bed mesh while I did something else in my other 'tab.'   But it wouldn't start...  The already-up, not-edited-in-the-files version was just fine, but it didn't want to open anew.    Eventually, I exited the already-up instance, but that only made things worse, because it still won't start and now I can't get it on at all.

I've looked over my files and stuff, tried things I've seen suggested (Such as switching the rendering system/subsystem or whatever it is.) but none seem to be working.   I don't think it's anything temporary,  considering how it worked in the already-up instance as before... I think it's something in the files, and I can't tell what.   Last time I came here for help, I was only told what I already knew and given no further advice or suggestion, so I'm fearing it will be the same again...     Perhaps even giving an example of what the Fh files SHOULD look like will be enough for me to spot what's wrong?

Offline Whitebone

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • An ordinary Fox, With extrodinary powers...
    • View Profile
Re: Assistance requested; FH is crashing and won't start...
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 02:17:22 am »
Hmm... Did you delet ALL of the .mesh files? Or only the old/antique bed mesh? That may be your problem

As for being told what you already knew, did you do that? Because sometimes we over look things that don't seem like they will work. Often enough, it ends up being the solution.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 02:20:13 am by Whitebone »
If Life Gives You Lemons, Make OrangeJuice, And Leave The World Wondering How You Did It.

Download my Preset Here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ltb97742z8pv46q/Whitebone_9.fhp

Offline Audrey

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 05:06:32 pm »
I hadf trouble figuring out how to reply, but once I did...

No, I hadn't tried that, thank you.   But I just now did, and it still crashed....

Offline Bluparrot

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 04:03:48 am »
Try uninstalling and redownloading it. That might work.

Shake it!
Blu Parrot - The Pokemon Fanbird of FeralHeart

Offline Audrey

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2014, 07:54:50 pm »
I'm going to try that now....