Author Topic: Constant Crashing?  (Read 1251 times)

Offline ThatRandomTypo

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • being active is hard :(
    • vidrosfault
    • dogmeat tamale
    • View Profile
Constant Crashing?
« on: January 01, 2015, 11:50:49 pm »
So, I redownloaded mass markings, and before it even loads the map, it crashes. Every time I get mass markings, Feral heart crashes. It's not data, and it's not me putting it in wrong. The more I see mass markings on the server, the sooner I'll crash. I got an item pack, and haven't crashed yet! Has anyone else experienced this problem? (I am on a mac)
I am ThatRandomTypo in game, and you can also find me on Deviant Art as VidrosFault!

i've been very inactive for a very long time :(

wolfdog01

Re: Constant Crashing?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 07:41:30 am »
It may just be the massive size of the MMs, some people cannot download the pawsome items pack or the mass markings because their computer will bust with all of the files and whatnot

Offline SophyTheLioness

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • FUZZY LLAMA COOL LLAMA SEXY LLAMA
    • ValentinaTheWolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 02:39:26 pm »
First, what type of Computer you got? remember Mass Markings is a pack with a lot of big images at black and white, it would be a "whole sandwich" to process at once, if it crashes, it is possible that FeralHeart cant start because of the size of the file, and so on, crashes.

I recommend you to take off the Mass Markings and then log in, if it doesnt crashes, then, congrats, you found the problem.
I'M YOUR OBSESSIVE SABLE MOMMA.

Signature art by bab number 1 Kiaz <3
Avatar art by bab number 2 Cocoadoq <3

(Psst, check out my free species! If you like canines... Check out this thread ;) http://www.feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=57355.0

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2015, 04:25:28 pm »
There have been quite a few issues with people installing the Mass markings in the ast, but it can be fixed. What I can suggest is deleting the markings you have installed including the markings.cfg in the main FH folder. Then once that is done, I then advise you install them again and it should take away the problem.

As said above, it's possible that the amount of Mass markings you are installing could be a little too much for your FH to handle. It also depends on how much you have installed to go with the game (example: Big maps). Try deleting any maps you don't sue that could be taking up a lot of space in FeralHeart and maybe do the following to decrease lag as it is also another reason that you could be crashing:

Go to FeralHeart\\Video and untick the water reflection box. Also, stay on the same tab, go to View Distance and slide it all the way down to 0.

I do hope you fix this issue. Sometimes things as little as lag could be causing the problem.

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone