Author Topic: Map Problem~  (Read 815 times)

Offline Riggs

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • doggyquts.deviantart.com
    • View Profile
Map Problem~
« on: January 04, 2015, 12:21:41 pm »
Heyo guys, I'm having a problem with the map FeralCity.

FeralCity was working perfectly fine until Tuesday after the great map crash, After that, it just says.
' Failed to connect to Server, Retry? '

So FC doesn't let me in anymore? I don't see why! ;-; I've tried many characters, and I've had to reset there homes and send them home in the User Panel. It WAS working perfectly fine until the great map crash.

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
Re: Map Problem~
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 12:39:28 pm »
Failed to connect to map server is a message you also can get while changing maps and entering portals in the game. It's usually nothing severe either, and as worst, your character might be stuck in that map until there's a reset of the map server process. Another issue similar to this can be if you get the loading screen after choosing a character, but it never loads. Most of the time it should be followed by this "failed to connect" message. If you try to choose another character that isn't placed in the same map, it sometimes let you play since every map in the game, has it's own server process. Sometimes the server needs to be restarted in order to fetch some stuck characters. If you had characters that's been stuck for weeks, you should contact the staff.

This can happen whilst travelling to different maps. I'm not sure of a solution but it's usually something you can wait out. You could try re-installing the map and checking your firewall in case your computer is blocking Feralheart.

I'm sorry but I'm not sure what else you can do.
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline Riggs

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • doggyquts.deviantart.com
    • View Profile
Re: Map Problem~
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 12:41:56 pm »
Failed to connect to map server is a message you also can get while changing maps and entering portals in the game. It's usually nothing severe either, and as worst, your character might be stuck in that map until there's a reset of the map server process. Another issue similar to this can be if you get the loading screen after choosing a character, but it never loads. Most of the time it should be followed by this "failed to connect" message. If you try to choose another character that isn't placed in the same map, it sometimes let you play since every map in the game, has it's own server process. Sometimes the server needs to be restarted in order to fetch some stuck characters. If you had characters that's been stuck for weeks, you should contact the staff.

This can happen whilst travelling to different maps. I'm not sure of a solution but it's usually something you can wait out. You could try re-installing the map and checking your firewall in case your computer is blocking Feralheart.

I'm sorry but I'm not sure what else you can do.

Thank you, but I'd rather wait. I have some real important maps and i do not know how to sort the FC Files away from those.