Author Topic: Preset help?  (Read 1234 times)

Offline Hooli

• Used Napkin
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 67
  • uwu
    • hooiigans
    • xmanicz
    • k_tlyn99
    • View Profile
Preset help?
« on: January 20, 2015, 02:59:32 am »

So I recently started making presets and I had made one for my friend. I put the my_preset files into the preset_9 folder. When I finished the preset I sent my friend the preset files and they gave me the .fhp to download myself so I could see it in game. I could see it perfectly fine at first, but then I took the files from the preset out of the preset_9 folder. I still have the .fhp but the preset just isn't showing up. Any solutions to this?

Thanks,
Hooligans.

in-game: hooli

Offline HollowWolf

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 33
    • View Profile
Re: Preset help?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 03:19:36 am »
Hm. This is rather odd. I haven't come across an issue such as yours. Perhaps you have to re-download it? If this doesn't work then I suggest trying to contact a moderator. It is an unusual problem, but there should be a solution. Best of luck to you!
Side account for Sigyn

Offline Hooli

• Used Napkin
  • uwu
    • hooiigans
    • xmanicz
    • k_tlyn99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 03:26:33 am »
I've tried redownloading the preset a few times now..
Question; would having preset sync have anything to do with it?

Offline HollowWolf

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 03:49:21 am »
Hmm. Possibly, dear. Maybe delete and re-install preset sync. If your friend has uploaded the preset to preset sync, then you should get it once you re-install it. c:
Side account for Sigyn

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 03:52:57 am »
The preset sync shouldn't affect how ye' see certain individuals presets for the worse. In other words, I doubt it's the sync that's causin' this problem. Chances are this is originatin' on yer friend's end. Ye' should be able to see their preset, especially since ye' have their .fhp file. Odd.. Mind if I ask yer friend to question another who also has the file 'n see if their preset can be seen by they as well or not? I have one suggestion in mind but I'd like to confirm this first so yer friend won't have to possibly re-download the game entirely.

I also suggest they to re-export their preset again but this time, make sure they're exportin' the file correctly. I've came across situations where users who have capital letters and/or symbols (for example the _ symbol that will sometimes replace spaces in a user's name) will end up with unseeable presets due to the exporter labellin' the file wrong (or signin' into the game incorrectly). For example, should I log into the game as dishonored instead of Dishonored and export a preset, said preset file will end up labelled dishonored.fhp instead of Dishonored.fhp. In doin' so, will make my preset unseeable to others. As for users who have a space in their name, less it's done purposefully, I lack a solution to that since at times the server decides to be a bum and replace the space with a _ symbol automatically once in the game. However, I do know a certain user who have faced this problem before and I can nudge ye' her way if this is the case.
gone

Offline Hooli

• Used Napkin
  • uwu
    • hooiigans
    • xmanicz
    • k_tlyn99
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 04:09:33 am »
Haha, I just fixed it actually.
After messing around for a bit more I realized it was actually the preset sync messing with me!
I just had to put the .fhp in the 'PublicPresets' folder instead of the normal 'presets'

Thanks for the help though guys! <:

Offline HollowWolf

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2015, 04:15:15 am »
You're very welcome. I'm glad it has been resolved. :)
Side account for Sigyn