Author Topic: Sound Not Working  (Read 746 times)

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
Sound Not Working
« on: January 21, 2015, 11:22:39 pm »
I decided to continue working on a mod I was making before my laptop died, and I have been experiencing the same problem I did before. I tried to replace the roar sound with another sound, but whenever I do roar, no sound comes out. I have replaced some of the other sounds and they have worked, so I'm not sure what's wrong with the roar sound. I don't think the howl works either.

Does anyone know what causes this problem? Could it be related to the length of the sound clips, or perhaps the fact that Howl and Roar are .mp3 files compared to the other sounds which are .wav files? Any help would be appreciated c:

wolfdog01

Re: Sound Not Working
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 04:03:08 am »
Gah, wish I knew how to help with mods. ;~; I remember seeing a notepad file in one of the fh folders, I believe. It was the roar and the howl but I am not sure where I found it. And I think the whole .mp3 vs. The .wav definatly has something to do with it, just gotta make sure you got the right files to match the old ones, and if the length of it is causing it, then I am sure you could find a roar or howl on google that sounds cool :3 sorry if this sux lol, I hope that was of some help though ^^;

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: Sound Not Working
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 04:11:35 am »
Indeed the file type and time length of the clips effect how and if it will work in the game. Be sure to use sound clips of close enough time length and same file type and you shouldn't have an issue. Other than that the only thing to double check is that the new sound file name matches the old one.